COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (4 Viewers)

If only the boosters were available to everyone with no exceptions. I don't have time to show up at a pharmacy that may, or may not give me a booster. I need to schedule it, but based on the questions, if I answer honestly, I'm not eligible. This delay may cause more cases than it should.
My pharmacist sent this information on 25OCT2021 and thought it would help, but I see you're in Texas. Anyway most of us can get it from points 4 & 5:

Please read if you want to have a "booster" Covid vaccine dose.

Covid Vaccine update 10 25 2021
The Louisiana Department of Health has approved a “booster” dose for the following people
1) Age 65 and older
2) Age 18 and older with a medical condition or immunocompromised
3) Age 18 and older and works or resides in a high-risk location (like nursing home, medical, school)
4) Has been 6 months since last dose of Moderna or Pfizer covid vaccine
5) Has been 2 months since last dose of J&J covid vaccine

I especially recommend these boosters for the elderly since they may not have developed a robust response in the initial vaccine dose. I will recommend Moderna for the booster regardless of which vaccine was given in the primary dose. Moderna “booster” dose has been demonstrated to produce a very good response at a reduced dosage which can minimize side effects. However, we do have all covid vaccines available. Please contact me if you have any questions.

These doses are ready for immediate administration. The process normally takes 15 minutes and is free of charge.

I hope this condensed form of the rules helps you. Full (and confusing), rules can be found on the Louisiana department of Health website.

My pharmacist sent this information on 25OCT2021 and thought it would help, but I see you're in Texas. Anyway most of us can get it from points 4 & 5:
I got this tidbit after a quick search. It's from the city of Austin Tx. If it's been 6 months since you've received the 2nd
phizer or moderna or 2 months after you've received the J&J,you are now eligible for the booster. It looks like Texas
is following the rest of the states in lowering the original requirements.

I did a search for my home St. of Ms. They are basically begging people to get the booster. I looked over their list If you
are under 18 and never leave the house it's about the only category not qualified for the booster.

I can honestly say at this point, in a week or so as my third booster revs up my immune system I doubt I’ll be too much on the mask issue. I do when it’s required or suggested but come on. There comes a time where ya know

I'm congested today. My 2nd Moderna was January 21. I'm thinking/hoping it's just a head cold.
Like others, I have relaxed my mask wearing. I even went to see Eternals in a crowded theater with no one wearing masks last Friday night.
My plan was to go get the booster today. But, with the presence of my congestion and starting to fell lethargic, I figure that I'll give it the weekend of staying in bed and away from people to see if I'm right about the head cold thing.

I'm congested today. My 2nd Moderna was January 21. I'm thinking/hoping it's just a head cold.
Like others, I have relaxed my mask wearing. I even went to see Eternals in a crowded theater with no one wearing masks last Friday night.
My plan was to go get the booster today. But, with the presence of my congestion and starting to fell lethargic, I figure that I'll give it the weekend of staying in bed and away from people to see if I'm right about the head cold thing.

change in weather im sure.

Ive gone thru 3 packs of BinaxNow tests over last 3 weeks- me, wife, both kids- all a week apart with these cold fronts now coming thru.

No positives and over several days, better.

Youngest woke with sore throat this am- and cool front came thru yesterday. Giving her til 10 pm or she getting swabbed. ( again )

Screenshot_20211112-145554.png

I am, currently, ded. Welcome to the club.

change in weather im sure.

Ive gone thru 3 packs of BinaxNow tests over last 3 weeks- me, wife, both kids- all a week apart with these cold fronts now coming thru.

No positives and over several days, better.

Youngest woke with sore throat this am- and cool front came thru yesterday. Giving her til 10 pm or she getting swabbed. ( again )
Ragweed can be brutal for allergy sufferers in the deep south in Late Autumn. I'm sensitive to oak pollen,but that occurs
in the spring.

Ragweed can be brutal for allergy sufferers in the deep south in Late Autumn. I'm sensitive to oak pollen,but that occurs
in the spring.

that and these fronts bring down allergens from midwest that we simply arent used to as well.

Last night I went to a visitation for the friend who died of COVID on Sunday (mentioned in a previous post). During the rosary I counted about 80+ in the room. My wife and I were the only ones masked. Others came through over the next hour, and we were still the lone mask wearers AT A WAKE FOR A COVID VICTIM.
I just flew from Jackson to Dallas to Reno to LA, to Boston to Dallas to Jackson to DC to NYC to Madrid to Canary Islands to Madrid to London to NYC to Charlotte to Jackson in a two week span so to say I didn't wear my mask much would be a great understatement. It's amazing how some places where masks everywhere inside and out. Others none at all. It's astonoshing how geographical changes can make it so different based on leadership levels of political leaders.

Not likely it will get peer reviewed anytime soon because that will cost the drug companies money, and we can't have that.
That’s not likely at all. I know tons of people in medical academics. There are some medical providers with endorsements with the pharm companies, but the number is tiny. The unbelievable majority take medical academics and ethics very highly. That is…after all…the intent on medical journals.

I think there are two problems with medical journals. 1) Some are predatory. Not a high percentage, but some journals don’t care about producing high quality papers…they charge incredible rates to get published within their journal and exploit academics in the process. 2) There is at least some level of bias within the medical community on some topics. If you paint certain peoples in a negative light (homosexuals and transgenders, and correlation to mental illness) or an antivax article…even if the research is done very well…absolutely it’s less likely to be published, because the journal is fearful of backlash.

I just flew from Jackson to Dallas to Reno to LA, to Boston to Dallas to Jackson to DC to NYC to Madrid to Canary Islands to Madrid to London to NYC to Charlotte to Jackson in a two week span so to say I didn't wear my mask much would be a great understatement. It's amazing how some places where masks everywhere inside and out. Others none at all. It's astonoshing how geographical changes can make it so different based on leadership levels of political leaders.
I've seen the same locally on the coast. A few weeks ago my wife asked me to stop by the local Hong Kong market and
pick up a roasted duck. I was the only white person in there. I walked around the entire store and everyone of Asian
decent were wearing masks. I was as well. If you go into one of the local Walmarts,a vast majority are maskless. The odds
in Ms. say more than half are not vaccinated. It's no coincidence the Asian population here on the coast wasn't hit hard
during the pandemic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom