COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (4 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.

UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

RIP previous Covid-19 information thread. 👍🇺🇸

I learned a TON of info from that thread, that helped to educate me, my family, my friends....

Onward to new data.........

It's still available above as a read-only sticky thread.
Thanks! I know.....I just had to do an acknowledgment post out of gratitude for how much time & effort a lot of SR folks, contributed to that previous thread.

You are totally correct, however......that thread was getting crazy & bizarre. I opened that thread last night, & I thought, “what happened to this thread????!!!!” It went way off the rails, with nonsense. 😢

Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...

Thanks! I know.....I just had to do an acknowledgment post out of gratitude for how much time & effort a lot of SR folks, contributed to that previous thread.

You are totally correct, however......that thread was getting crazy & bizarre. I opened that thread last night, & I thought, “what happened to this thread????!!!!” It went way off the rails, with nonsense. 😢
I'm one of those who had posts removed due to political content. I apologize to all. That thread is where I came to everyday looking for information. Let's keep this one up please

Well, that last back and forth was more inane than political, but yeah, it was off the rails for sure.

I know some in the other thread were asking about daycare numbers as a possible indicator for schools. Isn't looking good in Texas:

Is anyone familiar with HIPPA laws and employers releasing names of someone who tested positive? It's been released that someone at one of our locations has tested positive, but they said they can't release the name because of HIPPA laws. Kinda pisses me off considering I went to that office this morning and no one said a damn thing. They "disinfected the office".

Is anyone familiar with HIPPA laws and employers releasing names of someone who tested positive? It's been released that someone at one of our locations has tested positive, but they said they can't release the name because of HIPPA laws. Kinda pisses me off considering I went to that office this morning and no one said a damn thing. They "disinfected the office".

This is accurate. Our legal counsel has informed us that we can't release the names of any employees that have even taken the test (positive or negative). We can mention someone has, but not the actual name.

As far as i know that is correct. Came from our labor attorney.

I dealt with human resources for years at a prior job. It is against the law for an employer to tell anymore about someones medical condition. Your employer is following the law.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom