COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (8 Viewers)

we had a moment to seize re: education and we collectively decided... "nah.... we good"

I have this sinking feeling we have no idea what is going to hit us.

It was always going to be bad. But it never had to be this bad. And it's probably going to be worse.

Educators in mid-management aren't engaged in education. They are akin to business management and micro-management. This requires vision and thinking and abstract reconceptualization.

But it's all about discipline management and micro-management and liability management and fiscal management.

Those are important, but NONE of them are actually about education, writ large.

For all of the people who despise the ivory tower navel-gazers (and I would include myself in this number), these are the places full of ideas - including ones that are grounded in actual practice, albeit small scale. But it never comes to the attention of districts or mid-management administrators, because those positions the coursework leading to those positions don't address them.

The answers - at least some of them - are out there. As GMR said - *been* out there - but we've been too busy thinking we're teaching and learning, when it really hasn't been about education. It's been about re-production.
4afwud.jpg

Is that really happening though? I thought I seen one of the COVID Twitters said there's a recent resurgence across European countries?
And Melbourne
But the baseline for them to tighten up are minuscule compared to ours (50 vs 1000s or the like)

Melbourne is probably going through what is the 2nd wave, since this would be cold/flu season for them
I haven’t read the speculation about what is behind the rise in Europe

And Melbourne
But the baseline for them to tighten up are minuscule compared to ours (50 vs 1000s or the like)

Melbourne is probably going through what is the 2nd wave, since this would be cold/flu season for them
I haven’t read the speculation about what is behind the rise in Europe

WSJ put out an article about the young people going out to pubs and beaches... kinda like Florida and Mississippi. o_O

WSJ put out an article about the young people going out to pubs and beaches... kinda like Florida and Mississippi. o_O
Yeah just reading article saying that rises are happening mostly in tourist areas
But Germany also said there were case in just about every county - they wondered if that meant beginning of 2nd wave

My car was 99 when I got in it the other day. By the time I had gone to the grocery and back, it read 106. :covri:
Oh crap. That ain't good. Hope your car's thermometer isn't working and that wasn't accurate. (I doubt that's the case though...) It is damn hot outside.

Oh crap. That ain't good. Hope your car's thermometer isn't working and that wasn't accurate. (I doubt that's the case though...) It is damn hot outside.

It was a couple of weeks ok. Today my car said 100. But apparently we set records today.

The thing is, you can elect to go with online learning, but if you do you're not allowed to switch back. My understanding is that the online school will be taught by different teachers, so there is some logic to it, but it puts pressure on parents to let the kids go back to school.
That's a nice thing our district is doing. Whether you do online or class you're doing the exact same work and it's all done through our school so they're still a student at the school...just remote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom