COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Lsu to be online this year

The entire school year? Wow. I would have thought just the fall semester. My daughter is going to JMU and so far, they're still set to do in person classes this fall. I'd be surprised if that holds. We'll see i guess.

fork. My younger daughter is 5 but kindergarten is with the preschool.

Early reports did not find strong evidence of children as major contributors to SARS-CoV-2 spread,3 but school closures early in pandemic responses thwarted larger-scale investigations of schools as a source of community transmission. As public health systems look to reopen schools and day cares, understanding transmission potential in children will be important to guide public health measures. Here, we report that replication of SARS-CoV-2 in older children leads to similar levels of viral nucleic acid as adults, but significantly greater amounts of viral nucleic acid are detected in children younger than 5 years.

CONCLUSIONS
Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care.

Both the Lancet and NEJM retracted studies of their HCQ trials. Their credibility is now questionable.

Wow. What's next in the ongoing narrative of COVID protection?

No Masks, but Hygiene and Sanitizing surfaces >> Masks and Hygiene and Sanitizing surfaces >> Masks and Hygiene and no need to sanitize surfaces >> Masks, Shields and Hygiene >> What's next? Bubble wrap and a snorkel? :D

So for Drew Brees, that's a possible yes.

If Brees would just remember that the hands he is licking were just under the center's butt, he might never do it again. JMHO :D

Lafayette General says they tried hydroxychloroquine but stopped after not seeing success. Instead, they are treating with Remdesivir.

Well, that was certainly a definitive clinical trial. SMH All of the studies recommending the use HCQ also specify that it must be administered before infection or very shortly thereafter and be accompanied by a zinc supplement.

Lafayette General Hospital, like most hospitals, is concerned by the bottom line.

HCQ cocktail treatment is +/- $100 before or after early-on infection.

Remdesivir is +/- $3,100 per treatment after infection and really has not shown any wonderful results. What would LGH opt for? You tell me.

I was in LGH for 7 days back in 2007 for a knee replacement. The total bill was $32,000+. I had to eat over $8,000+ to settle because the cost was over my insurance acceptable limit. The padded charges were ridiculous.

My gastroenterologist set me up for an MRI through LGH which was going to cost $1,300+. I went to an outside facility and it cost $550 and they had state of the art equipment.

LGH's credibility is zero to me.

I found another scientific study promoting the HCQ + zinc + varied antibiotics treatment (HCQ Cocktail) as prophylaxis for COVID. It claims to be only the second peer-reviewed HCQ study and claims to only be an effective prophylaxis (preventative) treatment before infection or treatment very shortly after infection (4-5 days) to get positive results. Here are some excerpts from the study:

Medical Studies Support MDs Prescribing Hydroxychloroquine for Early Stage COVID-19 and for Prophylaxis

By Vladimir Zelenko, M.D.
Harvey A. Risch, M.D., PH.D.

George C. Fareed, M.D.

Conclusions:
Risk stratification-based treatment of COVID-19 outpatients as early as possible after symptom onset with the used triple therapy, including the combination of zinc with low dose hydroxychloroquine, was associated with significantly less hospitalizations and 5 times less all-cause deaths.

ARTICLE SUMMARY
Strength and limitations of this study

• The first COVID-19 outpatient risk stratification and treatment study
repurposed antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine at low dose in combination with zinc and azithromycin as a therapeutic approach early in the course of COVID-19 until specific drugs or vaccines are available

• Retrospective case series study with findings that have to be validated in prospective controlled clinical trials

• Only outcome data of the untreated control group of the same community based on public reference was available but no other patient characteristics, clinical symptoms, etc.

No conclusion on the efficacy and safety of the used triple therapy related to severely ill hospitalized patients

This study references the study by Harvey A. Risch I posted earlier in this thread as well as another. The other has an anecdotal letter from a well-credentialed MD from California pleading with Congress to support his work.

The full study in PDF format is attached. It is quite long but the critical parts are in the first 50 pages and about the last 20. It contains the Risch article (the other peer-reviewed study) as well as some other anecdotal discussion.

I also ran across another study (not peer-reviewed) about how India tackled COVID early on.

Some excerpts:

On July 9, 2020, Asia's biggest and densest slum shocked the world by announcing just one new positive COVID-19 case despite being a cluster and hotspot.

Dharavi is no ordinary slum. It is one of the densest in the world, housing more than a million people. It provided some of the backgrounds for the Oscar-winning movie Slumdog Millionaire.

Dharavi contains pockets where as many as 650,000 people are crammed into 2.5 square kilometers (my add -- < 1 sq. mi.). In comparison, New York City has only around 95,605 people for 2.5 square kilometers (my add -- < 1 sq. mi.).

Dharavi's COVID-19 infection rate dropped drastically from April through June. In July, new infections were very low, almost reaching zero on July 9.

Officials have credited this turnaround to "[a] combination of hydroxychloroquine, vitamin D, and zinc tablets along with homeopathic medicines."

The population density of the Dharavi slum is 6.8 times that of NYC and India handled it better.

India concentrated on the Dharavi slum early on as it was the highest risk area due to the high population density and they feared a high number of deaths.

One of their principal protocols was HCQ and zinc.

The LA Times documented India's success in the Dharavi slum in this article. It is a good summary of what India accomplished, but they conveniently left out the critical part that the HCQ cocktail played in that success. Bias? Possibly.

My summary (sorry for being so long-winded): HCQ plus zinc has been summarily dismissed by most. Why? As I have shown above, there are particular circumstances that the HCQ Cocktail can be effective especially as prophylaxis or an early onset benefit. Are these studies foolproof? I don't know. All I know is that as a high-risk subject, COVID scares the sheet out of me and I am at least willing to study concepts outside of the status quo. The status quo has not had very good results.

Just my 2 cents. Bombs away.

EDIT: One last thing. Seven states have decided that physicians cannot prescribe the HCQ Cocktail for treatment for COVID. They are:

New York
Nevada
Ohio (governor has requested that it be reversed)
Idaho
Kentucky
North Carolina
Texas

Three states have recommended physicians not prescribe the HCQ Cocktail for treatment of COVID. They are:

Louisiana
Kansas
Missouri

I don't know about you, but I do not want politicians (damn their souls) to insert their pompous arses between me and my personal physician. Do you?

Attachments

• ebook-covid-19-2.pdf
    10.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
fork. My younger daughter is 5 but kindergarten is with the preschool.

The children’s hospital here which was originally having overflow from the hospitals is now having to refocus on kids. Due to the worrying quantity of children 5- under, let alone 6-18, they have come out publicly and forcefully to keep schools closed.

Both the Lancet and NEJM retracted studies of their HCQ trials. Their credibility is now questionable.

Wow. What's next in the ongoing narrative of COVID protection?

No Masks, but Hygiene and Sanitizing surfaces >> Masks and Hygiene and Sanitizing surfaces >> Masks and Hygiene and no need to sanitize surfaces >> Masks, Shields and Hygiene >> What's next? Bubble wrap and a snorkel? :D

If Brees would just remember that the hands he is licking were just under the center's butt, he might never do it again. JMHO :D
Having listened to that Fauci interview, it was concerning teachers in classrooms. He was basically saying that in situations where there was going to be long term close contact that he felt it was worthwhile in a school setting where there was going to be a buildup of the virus, and well with kids being kids. So his advice was more to do with high buildup areas where there was a potential to get sneezing, coughing, that sort of stuff into your face. He wasn’t recommending to the general public, nor in adult settings or anything like that. He was very specific on that recommendation.

Well, that was certainly a definitive clinical trial. SMH All of the studies recommending the use HCQ also specify that it must be administered before infection or very shortly thereafter and be accompanied by a zinc supplement.

Lafayette General Hospital, like most hospitals, is concerned by the bottom line.

HCQ cocktail treatment is +/- $100 before or after early-on infection.

Remdesivir is +/- $3,100 per treatment after infection and really has not shown any wonderful results. What would LGH opt for? You tell me.

I was in LGH for 7 days back in 2007 for a knee replacement. The total bill was $32,000+. I had to eat over $8,000+ to settle because the cost was over my insurance acceptable limit. The padded charges were ridiculous.

My gastroenterologist set me up for an MRI through LGH which was going to cost $1,300+. I went to an outside facility and it cost $550 and they had state of the art equipment.

LGH's credibility is zero to me.

I found another scientific study promoting the HCQ + zinc + varied antibiotics treatment (HCQ Cocktail) as prophylaxis for COVID. It claims to be only the second peer-reviewed HCQ study and claims to only be an effective prophylaxis (preventative) treatment before infection or treatment very shortly after infection (4-5 days) to get positive results. Here are some excerpts from the study:

This study references the study by Harvey A. Risch I posted earlier in this thread as well as another. The other has an anecdotal letter from a well-credentialed MD from California pleading with Congress to support his work.

The full study in PDF format is attached. It is quite long but the critical parts are in the first 50 pages and about the last 20. It contains the Risch article (the other peer-reviewed study) as well as some other anecdotal discussion.

I also ran across another study (not peer-reviewed) about how India tackled COVID early on.

Some excerpts:

The population density of the Dharavi slum is 6.8 times that of NYC and India handled it better.

India concentrated on the Dharavi slum early on as it was the highest risk area due to the high population density and they feared a high number of deaths.

One of their principal protocols was HCQ and zinc.

The LA Times documented India's success in the Dharavi slum in this article. It is a good summary of what India accomplished, but they conveniently left out the critical part that the HCQ cocktail played in that success. Bias? Possibly.

My summary (sorry for being so long-winded): HCQ plus zinc has been summarily dismissed by most. Why? As I have shown above, there are particular circumstances that the HCQ Cocktail can be effective especially as prophylaxis or an early onset benefit. Are these studies foolproof? I don't know. All I know is that as a high-risk subject, COVID scares the sheet out of me and I am at least willing to study concepts outside of the status quo. The status quo has not had very good results.

Just my 2 cents. Bombs away.

EDIT: One last thing. Seven states have decided that physicians cannot prescribe the HCQ Cocktail for treatment for COVID. They are:

New York
Nevada
Ohio (governor has requested that it be reversed)
Idaho
Kentucky
North Carolina
Texas

Three states have recommended physicians not prescribe the HCQ Cocktail for treatment of COVID. They are:

Louisiana
Kansas
Missouri

I don't know about you, but I do not want politicians (damn their souls) to insert their pompous arses between me and my personal physician. Do you?

To be fair, we have known for months now that we can contract the virus through our eyes; it's just not practical at all for us to expect people to acquire in mass quantities and walk around with goggles and/or face shields all day long.

I think in this context, Dr. Fauci was specifically being asked what would make a person 100% safe from the virus, and yes, having your eyes covered is a part of that process, which is obviously what is seen in most hospitals where personnel is dealing directly with virus patients and have on the full PPE gear set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom