COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (15 Viewers)

Understood Chuck... I'm just going by what the current Science is telling us... Same as you.... and that's sort of the point.... What current Science do you want to trust?

With this being so new, and with so little long term verifiable scientific information/data/trends available on any of this.... it comes down to - What scientific data source do you trust, and which do you want to believe (this is where the maddening political crap enters)?

What I posted from sciencemag.org... I consider a very good source for data.... I too still have doubts (because every darn illness I have ever gotten - I have gotten from my kids).... So at some point, I have to make the best educated decision I can based on what's available to me...

It is what it is... I don't have to like it, but I do have to make an educated decision based on what I have available to me.

Last edited:

Anyone find it fishy that the recent case spike plateau happens to coincide with the exact date that the CDC was ordered to give up control of disbursing the test result numbers (07/15)?

Am I being overly cynical and this is all purely coincidental?

Yep.

I just want to know how effective these ridiculous masks are. Watch people. They are touching them constantly. I know I am. A constant flow of snot, saliva, food particles, etc. And whats the number one way to prevent infection?? wash hands. simple as that. Supposedly increased cases, but everyone has a mask on now. How can that be?
masks.jpg

The first mark is when the Statewide mask mandate in Louisiana went into effect, July 13. The second mark is two weeks after the mask mandate, July 27.

I just want to know how effective these ridiculous masks are. Watch people. They are touching them constantly. I know I am. A constant flow of snot, saliva, food particles, etc. And whats the number one way to prevent infection?? wash hands. simple as that. Supposedly increased cases, but everyone has a mask on now. How can that be?

You completely ignore the point of masks by the comments you make here. And transmission by direct physical contact is far less common than through inhaling the virus.

Anyone find it fishy that the recent case spike plateau happens to coincide with the exact date that the CDC was ordered to give up control of disbursing the test result numbers (07/15)?

No, I think you are being the correct level of dubious

I don't know about Florida, but I look at the Louisiana data directly on the LDH website. On their New Cases by Collection Date graph, it appears the state-wide peak occurred on July 13, so coincidence is possible.

That's fine. But everyone constantly touching the mask isn't an issue? Guess i need to just wear the mask and not question it. Keep the illusion of "doing our part" going.

It's not an illusion. It's a sound concept both scientifically and intuitively.

Touching the mask doesn't erode its function with respect to limiting virus particles from an infected person from entering the general air, or from entering a non-infected person's airway.

Last edited:
That's fine. But everyone constantly touching the mask isn't an issue? Guess i need to just wear the mask and not question it. Keep the illusion of "doing our part" going.

It was addressed more than once, and it's been discussed extensively throughout this thread. You either haven't read the discussion, or you're deliberately ignoring the primary reason masks work and should be worn. I don’t like wearing them, but I don’t want to inadvertently spread the virus since asymptomatic people can spread it unwittingly. It's not only sensible, it's good public policy.

I see a lot of people not wearing their masks properly... A LOT. So yes, it is a concern, but other people doing things incorrectly should not be permission for the rest of us to just give up doing things correctly. The more people that wear them properly, the better off everyone will be, including the people that don't cover their nose or wear their masks under their chins. But we need the vast percentage of people to do the right thing so that the odds increase for everyone.

Touching your mask isn't a as much of a concern as wearing it under you nose. Sure, it can increase your risk, but not as much as not wearing it properly. No one said the points you bring aren't valid, but I think most of us disagree with your conclusions. If you are the type of person that finds validation in doing things incorrectly because someone has done it poorly, then it's up to the rest of us to protect you, too. We just have to hope that more people do the right thing than give up, or we will all fail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom