COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

I’m seeing a lot of psychology in play (not the science we want)
There is significant pressure in schools (especially private schools) to have f2f classes - once you yield to that pressure, what is going to dissuade you?
The psychological impulse will be to gravitate to the information that supports their decision
By extension, not only suppressing the information that questions the decision but complicated the relationship to the people who keep being the ‘bad news’ up

The difference between the Southeast and the Northeast USA is alarming. I expected NYC to still have higher estimates than they're showing.
Northeast did a really good job shutting down and wearing masks but their reward is going to end up being a second wave because the rest of the country didn't take it seriously.

Like several in this thread have said, it is like a peeing section in a pool and highlights the reason this has always been a Federal issue.

Looks like Death Toll in Texas is starting to match the big spike in Covid cases this earlier this month. Almost 1000 Covid deaths in 3 days. Any way you slice it that is an enormous number.

Just a heads up for anyone who cares. My sore throat did go away a couple of hours ago so I assume it was one of my regular ones. It's just strange that it lasted half of the day and not just the span of minutes it normally does when this happens. I'm going to have to stop sleeping with the AC on such a low temperature with the ceiling fan on high. Pretty sure that's what causes it in the first place.
I'm the same man, central on 68,window unit on 60 and fan on high. Throat feels like the Sahara every morning lol

Day 3 in Telluride. We’ve been out walking in the town of Mountain Village where were staying and several times down into Telluride. Mask usage is 100% inside buildings as mandated. And even walking outside mask usage is probably 75%+. Even seen people on trails wearing masks. I won’t wear it on the trail full time, but if we come up on people wearing them, we’ll put ours on until we pass. This area is bustling though.

Saw this in my feed. I guess some people just learn slower than others. Sounds like 177 people left the ship prior to knowing about it. Should end well.

Outside of a Diamond Princess reunion cruise, no ships should set sail until after a vaccine.

The mask is the butt crevasse test.

And if you're wearing it right touching it shouldn't be an issue if you're keeping your hands clean in the first place. And most masks are washable, unless they're the disposable single use ones (though you could probably wash those too if you wanted to). I really don't understand anyone who is looking for excuses not to wear a mask.
I'm growing to appreciate that the adults who refuse to wear a mask are doing me the favor of identifying themselves as being worthless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom