COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (8 Viewers)

Which is exactly why I was very vocal in my district to just start distance to begin with. I’d rather start, plan and be ready to put in the best plan possible than to prepare to go back, run into issues which anyone paying attention knew was going to happen, then be throwing sheet together and doing a half arse job with distance learning again. Look it’s not great, and I’m not going to pretend. But with a well thought out plan and focus it can at least be ok.

2+2=5

This story makes me smile....that's my county!!!!!!!

Barron's school is in our neighborhood.

‘We have to postpone the election, I’ll be helping Barron with his trig homework ‘

Thanks Dan, you are right. I need to step away for a while because it is consuming. It's hard for me to open my mind to other ideas when everything in my business and passion revolves around math and science. I've been dealing with people claiming wildfires are from government run population control programs using high energy microwave beams, that hurricanes are controlled by Governments and it is actually government warfare through weather. That floods occur because corporations are trying to remove people from land so they can buy it cheap. Etc, etc, etc. There is so much of this conspiracy stuff in weather and now the same crowd is pushing into a pandemic and has become so mainstream that our national leaders have started promoting it. In the weather, they literally have no impact other than just being annoyingly crazy. In the pandemic it's having a huge impact on my family, friends and myself.

In my life 2+2=4 because when you have two objects and introduce two more objects there are 4. It's not because the illuminati have brainwashed me into thinking there are two items when it's really 12 and that I think I've added two more but it's really none because God is making an alternative reality where the two doesn't really exist so there is in fact not 4. I just can not wrap my mind around it. I admit, it is wearing on me.

What I need to remember is I can't change any of this and just ignore it all but at the same time, I have to make decisions that can huge impacts on the life of my kids and myself and want to be well informed.
You forgot about chemtrails...

I do not understand your thinking here. The Lancet paper was retracted at the request of the authors. Lancet did as requested after consulting with the authors. The authors had problems corroborating important data, specifically that they requested the company that compiled the data (Surgisphere) for explanations as to how it sourced the data and analyzed it, and they requested the raw data to go over it themselves. Surgisphere refused to comply, which is a big red flag to me and SHOULD be to you as well.

If any credibility is to be lost here, it should be placed squarely on the shoulders of Surgisphere, not the journal, and not the authors, who maintained scientific integrity, imo. Be angry with Surgisphere.

The last thing we want is for bad research getting published and leading to redirecting funding, and time, and effort down a massive rabbit hole, and of course put lives unnecessarily at risk.

It was the doctors who chose Surgisphere for the study. It should not even have been published without the doctors corroborating the data. They essentially let it be published without evaluating the methodology. That's on the doctors.

He's definitely right about the Ford study. They coupled the HCQ study with corticosteroids which has been proven effective on its own. The two studies I have referenced that recommend coupling HCQ with zinc concluded that if taken as a preventative or in the first 4-5 days of infection it has positive results After that, recovery from COVID depends on your immune system ramping up to beat it. If you have already been checked into a hospital, it will have little to no effect as the disease has already progressed too far.

HCQ is already being used "off label" as it has been proven to be effective in the treatment of some forms of lupus and rheumatism. It is a safe drug with a long history and minor side-effects unless you have cardiac problems. As I said before, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Many doctors around the country are already prescribing it.

MLB is crowding the plate with Randy Johnson on the mound
Just not smart

That made me think about the Randy Johnson - John Kruk confrontation in the '93 MLB all-star game. Kruk was not even close to hugging the plate after RJ's first pitch. All that first pitch needed was the Durham Bulls' mascot in the background.

The People's Republic never fails to make an bbn impression.

I have a plethora of issues with that article. I'll just mention 2. Lack of free testing sites doesn't raise the risk factor. Lack of prevention raises the risk factor such as social distancing and wearing a mask. Mask mandates do help but if you need the mandate to force you to wear the mask then you probably don't have a healthy enough respect for how serious the virus is. I read article after article of recovered people admitting they didn't wear a mask prior to being sick. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I have a plethora of issues with that article. I'll just mention 2. Lack of free testing sites doesn't raise the risk factor. Lack of prevention raises the risk factor such as social distancing and wearing a mask. Mask mandates do help but if you need the mandate to force you to wear the mask then you probably don't have a healthy enough respect for how serious the virus is. I read article after article of recovered people admitting they didn't wear a mask prior to being sick. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
The lack of free testing comes into play because of the combination of the poverty in the area and the large number of immigrants, many of whom are illegal. You may argue that it's their fault and that they don't belong here but they are here and they can make the rest of us ill if they don't receive care.

The town is heavily polluted and full of shotgun houses with three and four generations. The population density isn't like India but it is above average for a town full of single family houses. . They don't just share the virus at home, they share it at work, where they shop, and, soon, at school.

I agree about wearing a mask. It shouldn't take much education beyond a puppet show to demonstrate the effectiveness of masks but we have some very well educated people who are also unable to grasp the idea.

Please don't feed the trolls. I have removed one from this thread.

You can recognize a troll usually after a couple of posts. Please just ignore them and report them after that. A good troll gets numerous responses to the bait. That's what happened recently in this thread 3 or 4 times.

Is that you, Karen?

Last edited:
The lack of free testing comes into play because of the combination of the poverty in the area and the large number of immigrants, many of whom are illegal. You may argue that it's their fault and that they don't belong here but they are here and they can make the rest of us ill if they don't receive care.

The town is heavily polluted and full of shotgun houses with three and four generations. The population density isn't like India but it is above average for a town full of single family houses. . They don't just share the virus at home, they share it at work, where they shop, and, soon, at school.

I agree about wearing a mask. It shouldn't take much education beyond a puppet show to demonstrate the effectiveness of masks but we have some very well educated people who are also unable to grasp the idea.
There’s a lot in that article I could go on about. However, in the interest of not bringing politics and an off topic rant to the board I won’t

I will say that the legal/illegal/very poor Hispanic communities are having a heck of a time. A lot of this country rides on their backs, and they are hurting under this pandemic. I don’t care legal or not they are people, and it’s disturbing that we can look away from this issue because of what side of a fence a person was born on.

Free testing doesn't keep you from getting it....social distancing/mask usage is far more important and even that isn't a guarantee. I've debated whether I will get tested at all if/when I get it. What does that test do for me? I'm either sick or I'm not. I'll treat every illness as being positive.

Please don't feed the trolls. I have removed one from this thread.

You can recognize a troll usually after a couple of posts. Please just ignore them and report them after that. A good troll gets numerous responses to the bait. That's what happened recently in this thread 3 or 4 times.

Haha....I'm not trolling anyone. Just stating that I don't feel test access is a risk factor. I do agree with it that hourly workers have it tougher than salary workers which have more opportunities at working from home.

Free testing may help to slow the spread because it would help to reduce the number of positive people who are participating in day to day activities.

Right now we have a lot of asymptomatic people spreading the virus and endangering others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom