COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (14 Viewers)

STURGIS MOTORCYCLE RALLY is on! Normally I would love to attend an event like this but this year I’ll pass on it.

Yeah, I just read about that in this article below. Many locals don't want it and many locals do want it because they rely on the income from it. It's another Amity Island 4th of July situation.

Yeah, I just read about that in this article below. Many locals don't want it and many locals do want it because they rely on the income from it. It's another Amity Island 4th of July situation.

I'm over it. I just had two sub-thirty-year-old coworkers tell me that 1% of the population dying is laughable. Then we talked about schools opening and they said that kids don't die from this.

Let the "adults" lick all of the door handles that they want. I feel bad for the people who are forced to be around them, especially their children.

Does LHSAA really think they're going to be able to have football games? And better yet, they're going to allow these kids to play football, a full contact game, but in the same breath say that they want them to social distance on the sidelines and wear masks? Does this boggle anyone else's mind?

STURGIS MOTORCYCLE RALLY is on! Normally I would love to attend an event like this but this year I’ll pass on it.

I’ve been toying with the idea of taking a road trip to Montana via Mt Rushmore, and everyone knows that you avoid SD in early /mid August due to the Sturgis rally.. i thought this year it wouldnt be a factor what with Covid and all, so was thinking of going for it soon.. but naw, think I’ll hold off for a while..cant believe theyre still having it.

It’s accurate

yep. And not only is it accurate, it’s probably not harsh enough. Most Canadians would add ‘stupid, petty, heartless buffoons’ which would also be accurate.

I really think a lot of Americans don’t understand how dumb we really look to people outside the US.

yep. And not only is it accurate, it’s probably not harsh enough. Most Canadians would add ‘stupid, petty, heartless buffoons’ which would also be accurate.

I really think a lot of Americans don’t understand how dumb we really look to people outside the US.
There are people outside of the US?

On herd immunity . . . Trevor Bedford is as legit of a source as there is, he was the first to map the viral genome in Washington state to warn in early February that the outbreak was much larger than the numbers at that time suggested - based on analysis of the viral dna. He thinks herd Immunity is beginning to show up in some places (not full herd immunity - it requires continued social mitigation) and is part of declining new case counts in some locations. Of course many locations haven’t experienced enough virus to the meaningful, yet.

Thread:

It’s not really herd immunity if it requires social mitigation, is it?

It’s not really herd immunity if it requires social mitigation, is it?

I see that he calls it population immunity. I think it’s something that can occur in degrees - it can begin to phase in as a factor that will complement social mitigation before it actually becomes widespread enough to work unassisted. But I don’t know, I’ll leave the epidemiological semantics to you and Mr. Bedford. 😛

I think that a lot of people are proud of being thought of as heartless buffoons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom