COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

This is the high school where the photo was taken. Also, two days!?! What is that supposed to accomplish?

Is this their way of easing the people into things and buy themselves a little more time to see how many more positives pop up? By all means, yall keep on with that no mask thing, North Paulding.

Oh man, now what carrot at the end of the stick can good ol boy southern governors use to entice their bsckwards constituents to wear masks?
Well first they wouldn’t put a carrot on the stick. More like a moon pie, or bag of Golden Flake cheese curls.

This is the high school where the photo was taken. Also, two days!?! What is that supposed to accomplish?

Maybe that’s when the trademark for her photo expires.......?

😃

Two days is dumb, but I've mad aware of other districts that have very short (less than a week, at any rate) shutdown times for positive cases/spread.

Here's the thing: this isn't going to get better or change. So the options are an unsafe school year full of starts and stops every couple of days or going online only and trying to salvage at least something in a safe environment. No, online only is not optimal. But shutting school down every few days because of more positives/spread is also not optimal and is more dangerous. It's a simple equation that everyone has been too dumb to see. Like I said before, the next two weeks will be enlightening in this regard. "They don't catch/spread it!" has already been thoroughly debunked in both theory and practice, so there's not really any leg left to stand on with this.

Crazy idea: study what the steps were taken by the countries that HAD a lot of COVID and now DON'T have a lot of COVID, and start there. E.g., month-long shutdowns followed by mask wearing and contact tracing.

Also, study what happened in the counties that DIDN'T HAVE a lot of COVID, and then got MORE of the COVID, and don't do those things. E.g., re-opening schools.

I am baffled why so many people are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Crazy idea: study what the steps were taken by the countries that HAD a lot of COVID and now DON'T have a lot of COVID, and start there. E.g., month-long shutdowns followed by mask wearing and contact tracing.

Also, study what happened in the counties that DIDN'T HAVE a lot of COVID, and then got MORE of the COVID, and don't do those things. E.g., re-opening schools.

I am baffled why so many people are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

There major difference is we somehow became a country in which a significant portion of our populace is proudly and unrepentantly ignorant, hostile to reality, and obstinate. That's it. That's the whole thing. There is no logic because our reaction is based on antilogic, and it now has us trapped in quicksand while the rest of the world navigates things like they're civilized and informed.

Pediatric Covid cases in the US are up 40% over the last two weeks of July.

(CNN)More than 97,000 children in the US tested positive for coronavirus in the last two weeks of July, a new report says.

The report, published by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Association, said in those two weeks, there was a 40% increase in child cases across the states and cities that were studied.

[/URL]

Last edited:
Fake news. Children are almost immune. The media is blowing this all out of proportion. It's that 5G conspiracy. A vaccine is just around the corner.
Back to Reality: is there no end to this idiocy? Are enough Americans really that stupid?
Need the /s at the end of such a statement.

Fake news. Children are almost immune. The media is blowing this all out of proportion. It's that 5G conspiracy. A vaccine is just around the corner.
Back to Reality: is there no end to this idiocy? Are enough Americans really that stupid?
I think over the course of the last 8-9 months I think you have a very clear picture of the answer to that question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom