COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (5 Viewers)

Dan Patrick reporting Big 10 and Pac12 cancelling fall football seasons. ACC and Big 12 on the fence. SEC looking to Add teams for this season that want to play.

In Big 10 vote Nebraska and Iowa voted to play this year while rest voted not play.

Dan Patrick reporting Big 10 and Pac12 cancelling fall football seasons. ACC and Big 12 on the fence. SEC looking to Add teams for this season that want to play.

In Big 10 vote Nebraska and Iowa voted to play this year while rest voted not play.
1*C4jz6lf5I5-JprHICEQgpQ.jpeg

And seriously SEC, what exactly are yall expecting will happen?

1*C4jz6lf5I5-JprHICEQgpQ.jpeg

And seriously SEC, what exactly are yall expecting will happen?

That they will be the ones to rake in the $$$$ being the ONLY Conference to play games????

Would LOVE to see a map of all the YEAs and NAYs once this is all said and done. And superimpose that on an electoral map in Nov.

seriously.

The Economist has solid reporting on global excess deaths. The thing about excess deaths is that it accounts for differences in testing and cause of death reporting by countries. However, it does leave out population density and medical capacity when trying to rank countries response to the virus.

That they will be the ones to rake in the $$$$ being the ONLY Conference to play games????

Would LOVE to see a map of all the YEAs and NAYs once this is all said and done. And superimpose that on an electoral map in Nov.

seriously.
The map will show the states that have the biggest hotspots are the ones trying to push for more activities
bc Logic

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that I basically stuck my head in the sand this weekend as far as politics and COVID related stories or news goes and I woke up not feeling nearly as homicidal as I have when not really taking a substantial break lately.

and explaining how waivers signed by 18 year olds under duress ( "you may lose scholarship if you dont play " ) isnt exactly gonna hold up.
I was just listening to a discussion about this in the background while working and they were interviewing Paul Finebaum. He did say that he's heard that if they cancel the 2020 season, everyone who was on a team's roster gets an extra year of eligibility. They'd obviously have to train/stay in football shape for the start of next season, because they could easily lose that roster spot if they show up out of shape.

I was just listening to a discussion about this in the background while working and they were interviewing Paul Finebaum. He did say that he's heard that if they cancel the 2020 season, everyone who was on a team's roster gets an extra year of eligibility. They'd obviously have to train/stay in football shape for the start of next season, because they could easily lose that roster spot if they show up out of shape.

as they should.

Not sure about the latter part - kids show up out of shape all the time. thats what Spring ball is for. Scholarships arent based on being in shape. Thats what the football "program" is for...to get them in shape.

as they should.

Not sure about the latter part - kids show up out of shape all the time. thats what Spring ball is for. Scholarships arent based on being in shape. Thats what the football "program" is for...to get them in shape.
Yeah, that was me ad-libbing. Was just making the point that if the season is canceled, it isn't like any of these incoming freshman - especially - but also established players will be able to relax much at all in the meantime since I assume there will be another incoming recruiting class, right? How the heck would that work? Especially since seniors will be getting another year of eligibility. There's going to be an influx of new players without those who'd have likely left for the draft had there been a season. Guess that's just a bridge you cross when you get to it after crossing this one first.

But how does that impact this year's seniors who would be top picks in the draft? You think they'd want to stay another year in college when they could go to the pros and make big bucks? But then, how do you determine who is the top picks if they didn't play? This is going to be an interesting mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom