COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (14 Viewers)

Same. Plus my mask gives me a bit of privacy feel. It's weird and I oddly like it as long as it isn't too hot.
Mask have actually made my shopping more efficient. I'm in and out the store so I can breath freely again..lol. Laser focus on the task at hand.

The annual Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota is America’s largest bike rally, a 10-day blowout, with attendance this year exceeding 250,000.

It was also a serious pandemic stress test. By bringing together hundreds of thousands of people, Sturgis helps answer a simple yet critically important question: Are we at a point in the pandemic where we can safely stage big-crowd events?

If there were a place where this could have happened, it should have been Sturgis. The best data suggests that at least 75 percent of the entire South Dakota population has some degree of immunity against the virus:

About half of South Dakotans have immunity because they’ve been infected by covid-19, and about half of the population has been vaccinated — some of whom have already had covid-19 when they got their shot, so there is some overlap between these two groups.

South Dakota, despite its middling vaccination rates, probably has among the highest levels of population immunity in the nation, driven largely by horrifying winter outbreaks.

That’s what makes Sturgis an important test. If it had gone off without big spikes in covid cases, it would have provided strong evidence that this level of population immunity — around 75 percent — would allow us to get back to the way we did things in 2019.

But unfortunately, that’s not what happened. In the weeks since the rally began in early August, infection numbers have shot up more than 600 percent in South Dakota. We can expect to see big increases in other states, too, since bikers returned home from the event.

Last year, after Sturgis, we saw massive outbreaks across the Dakotas, Wyoming, Indiana, even Nevada. Much of the region was aflame because of Sturgis, probably causing thousands of deaths……..

Will more doctors follow suit?

what will the backlash be?
==================

In Alabama, where the nation’s lowest vaccination rate has helped push the state closer to a record number of hospitalizations, a physician has sent a clear message to his patients: Don’t come in for medical treatment if you are unvaccinated.

Jason Valentine, a physician at Diagnostic and Medical Clinic Infirmary Health in Mobile, Ala., posted a photo on Facebook this week of him pointing to a sign taped to a door informing patients of his new policy coming Oct. 1.

“Dr. Valentine will no longer see patients that are not vaccinated against covid-19,” the sign reads.
Valentine wrote in the post, which has since been made private but was captured in online images, that there were “no conspiracy theories, no excuses” stopping anyone from being vaccinated, AL.com reported.

The doctor, who said at least three unvaccinated patients have asked him where they could get a vaccine since he posted the photo, has remained resolute to those who have questioned his decision in recent days.

“If they asked why, I told them covid is a miserable way to die and I can’t watch them die like that,” wrote Valentine, who has specialized in family medicine with Diagnostic and Medical Clinic since 2008…….

Valentine expressed his frustration on Facebook over similar cases of those who’ve hesitated or outright rejected getting vaccinated.

“We do not yet have any great treatments for severe disease, but we do have great prevention with vaccines. Unfortunately, many have declined to take the vaccine, and some end up severely ill or dead,” he wrote.

“I cannot and will not force anyone to take the vaccine, but I also cannot continue to watch my patients suffer and die from an eminently preventable disease.”

After he announced he would not see unvaccinated patients starting Oct. 1, the doctor said he required that people show documentation of their vaccination for them to keep him as their physician.

“If you wish to choose another physician, we will be happy to transfer your records,” Valentine wrote…….

As Florida’s summer coronavirus surge takes the state into the fall with one of the nation’s highest rates of infections and hospitalizations, a physician in South Miami has told patients that she can no longer see them in person for their regular care if they are unvaccinated.

Linda Marraccini, a primary care doctor specializing in family medicine, sent a letter to her patients this month informing them that they could not be treated in person if they were not vaccinated by Sept. 15, according to WTVJ.

She said she could still treat unvaccinated patients via telemedicine if they refused to get inoculated at a time when the highly transmissible delta variant of the novel coronavirus has ravaged the state……

Vaccinations have slowed down in Louisiana, it seems. Possibly because of the Ida aftermath. We had jumped over a couple of states (ND, AR & GA and about to catch TN ) but now we've dropped below again. Back to sixth from bottom with a 41.6% overall vaccination rate.
Tennessee 42%
Georgia4 1.9%
Arkansas 41.8%
North Dakota 41.7%
Louisiana 41.6%
West Virginia 39.7%
Idaho 39.3%
Wyoming 38.7%
Alabama 38.4%
Mississippi 38.4%
We gained a little more momentum. Jumped ahead of a couple of states. Mississippi is no longer dragging the bottom with Alabama at the moment, either.
South Carolina 43.9%
Arkansas 42.5%
Tennessee 42.4%
Louisiana 42.3%
Georgia 42.1%
North Dakota 42.1%
West Virginia 39.8%
Mississippi 39.6%
Idaho 39.5%
Wyoming 39.3%
Alabama 39.1%

We gained a little more momentum. Jumped ahead of a couple of states. Mississippi is no longer dragging the bottom with Alabama at the moment, either.
South Carolina 43.9%
Arkansas 42.5%
Tennessee 42.4%
Louisiana 42.3%
Georgia 42.1%
North Dakota 42.1%
West Virginia 39.8%
Mississippi 39.6%
Idaho 39.5%
Wyoming 39.3%
Alabama 39.1%
It's getting very serious in Idaho.

BOISE, Idaho -- Idaho public health leaders announced Tuesday that they activated “crisis standards of care” allowing health care rationing for the state's northern hospitals because there are more coronavirus patients than the institutions can handle.

It's getting very serious in Idaho.

BOISE, Idaho -- Idaho public health leaders announced Tuesday that they activated “crisis standards of care” allowing health care rationing for the state's northern hospitals because there are more coronavirus patients than the institutions can handle.
Say, anybody remember saying that universal health care was going to lead to death panels?

Oops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom