COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

I just got tested yesterday, thankfully negative. But have symptoms that drove me to get an appointment scheduled at a clinic. I've had fatigue, low grade fever, coughing like crazy to the point of losing my voice, sore throat, etc. I am fully vaxxed with booster- which I just got over a week ago.

COVID, flu A/B, and strep negative.

According to doc, probably some other virus.
Could just be the booster

In no way do I want to downplay anyone who is deathly sick from Omicron. But, I just can’t find where it warrants the current world reaction. More severe than the sniffles? Perhaps. But not by much it seems. Please, I am not trying to go against the popular thought process to pick an argument. Only expressing what seems like an over reaction. There is risk in most everything we do. This seems pretty low on the scale.

Long Covid is a thing.

Several pages back I posted about the AbbotBinax...my friend who runs Tulane testing said they are very accurate ...they use em in office. If positive then will run sample thru their pcr equipment to validate. Hasn't had a false positive or negative yet.

Because I thought same way. So I called him lol
This is good to know. Iirc either the boxes state this, or early articles about them said a positive result is almost 100% guaranteed a positve. While a negative could be false, hence the recommendation to test again in 36 hours.

While masks are definitely effective at protecting you from larger droplets, the virus itself, which has been found to be airborne and can hang in the air(indoors without circulation, please dont wear a mask while jogging). The virus itself can pass through most masks(anything under N95) like a mosquito through a chain link fence.

While masks are definitely effective at protecting you from larger droplets, the virus itself, which has been found to be airborne and can hang in the air(indoors without circulation, please dont wear a mask while jogging). The virus itself can pass through most masks(anything under N95) like a mosquito through a chain link fence.
The point of masks has never, ever been about 100% effectiveness at preventing transmission. It's always been about reducing viral loads and level of exposure. This has been debated ad nauseum and to revisit it is pointless.

The point of masks has never, ever been about 100% effectiveness at preventing transmission. It's always been about reducing viral loads and level of exposure. This has been debated ad nauseum and to revisit it is pointless.
Please point out where I said 100%. I even said they were effective, especially when it comes to larger droplets. Do you refute that the virus itself is smaller than the space allowed in most of the masks people are wearing?

Please point out where I said 100%. I even said they were effective, especially when it comes to larger droplets. Do you refute that the virus itself is smaller than the space allowed in most of the masks people are wearing?
I'm not refuting that. I think we aren't that far apart. I don't think it's that porous, but that's probably splitting hairs a bit. Most masks will reduce transmission by some amount. There were studies posted in this thread months ago clearly showing that it does reduce level of transmission by a certain amount. It's been a while since I last looked it it, but it was clearly better than not wearing a mask.

Last edited:
He might have said that before a lot was known about the virus. He certainly hasn't said anything to that effect in a long while.
He said it back in the day there was a mad rush on masks and health care providers didn’t have any. Frankly…it was stupid. You don’t compromise the integrity of science out of concerns of supply/demand. I’m not really opposed to anything else he did…but I’m not apologizing for him over that blunder.

Um, Merry Christmas? This is the day to log in to troll the boards with misinformation and one-liners? I don't think so. :shrug: Instead of rehashing the same debunked stupidity, educate yourself. A start:

Mask info from a materials scientist: (not posted for profit or partisan bias; not a professional salesman, etc. - check his other videos, too.)

Virus size and transmission:

He admitted he made a mistake with that. I get why he did though. But whatever, people gonna think what they think. I can't fix that.
I understand why he did it…and as a health care provider with almost exclusively friends in healthcare…I would have preferred a shortage. You can’t compromise integrity over the short-term safety of healthcare workers. It was a mistake and he lost lots of trust from the jump…and his apology was at that point didn’t matter.

I understand why he did it…and as a health care provider with almost exclusively friends in healthcare…I would have preferred a shortage. You can’t compromise integrity over the short-term safety of healthcare workers. It was a mistake and he lost lots of trust from the jump…and his apology was at that point didn’t matter.
Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't want to have to make that decision. That's just a tough situation. I don't envy being the guy who makes that decision.

Apparently all we ever needed was milk and benadryl

Quick, pull Benadryl and milk off the shelves. The people can't have access, they must pay big pharma to save them :p

All joking aside, when I had my original covid infection, my doctor prescribed me an Antihistamine called hydroxyzine because it had noted off-label benefits for covid. Plus it mellows you out.

Quick, pull Benadryl and milk off the shelves. The people can't have access, they must pay big pharma to save them :p
Well that hasn't happened with ashwaghanda yet...

5s1g43.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom