COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (5 Viewers)

Yeah and I’m the fool in my grade level who has volunteered to come back first. I’m the only one who isn’t overweight, have diabetes and a bunch of other conditions.

My wife is kindergarten. She had a full class to start.

That’s so frustrating
Most schools dithered until the last minutes even though they hamonths to
plan
here’s someplace that did plan and then was like ‘nah’
I’d be so mad if I was a teacher there
After a few weeks doing online only with my kids one thing has been blatantly obvious.....there was basically no planning ahead of time. There's a ton of learning on the fly going on. Even simple things like getting the chromebook to talk to our printer has been a nightmare. Still don't have it working so we have to save stuff as a PDF and email it to ourselves and print from our phones.

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — At least seven people have died in connection to a coronavirus outbreak that continues to sicken people in Maine following a wedding reception held over the summer that violated state virus guidelines, public health authorities said.

The August wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket is linked to more than 175 confirmed cases of the virus, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

Maine authorities have identified overlaps between the wedding reception and outbreaks elsewhere in the state. An employee of the York County Jail attended the wedding, Maine CDC officials have said. Maine health officials have also said an outbreak at a Madison rehabilitation center, which is the site of six of the seven deaths, is connected to the wedding because an employee of the facility lives in the same household as a person who attended.
And yet, we still have people P'Oed because state leaders are preventing them from sitting in football stadiums. Maine had restrictions on gatherings and this party exceeded those limits and it was also reported that they disregarded social distancing and masking guidelines as well. Their selfishness has directly contributed to the deaths of individuals who were not even at that event.

I got tested today. No fever or anything, but I can't smell or taste anything and have a tremendous amount of pressure in my sinuses causing headaches, dizziness, etc. Given that I was exposed last week I thought it was prudent. Will be several days before results. Hopefully nothing.

The local high school prepped and planned most of the summer to run an A/B day class schedule. Three days into the semester, it was decided by the school board that Louisiana moving to phase 3 allowed for higher bus capacity and thus we could do away with the A/B rotation. While virtual kids will remain virtual, this will in fact double class sizes to a max of 25 in rooms probably around 500 sq. feet. Three days. Three to four weeks I can fathom. I wouldn't agree but I could fathom it.

It became obvious to me this past week that so much planning was put into designing the A/B scheduling that no one bothered to think about what happened after. So we're basically just applying all the A/B procedures to a full classroom of kids.

Which means that I will have 23 to 25 kids eating breakfast and lunch in a classroom with no masks. With maybe two feet separating them. I've already got a mess on my hands due to having a positive in my class, which has led to me have to get tested/quarantined. Between the Hurricane Laura, Covid, etc. it's only September and my school year is already unsalavagable flaming wreckage.

Last edited:
It became obvious to me this past week that so much planning was put into designing the A/B scheduling that no one bothered to think about what happened after. So we're basically just applying all the A/B procedures to a full classroom of kids.

Which means that I will have 23 to 25 kids eating breakfast and lunch in a classroom with no masks. With maybe two feet separating them. I've already got a mess on my hands due to having a positive in my class, which has led to me have to get tested/quarantined. Between the Hurricane Laura, Covid, etc. it's only September and my school year is already unsalavagable flaming wreckage.

Our local schools allow the kids to have normal recess without masks because it's limited to 15 minutes. So dozens of kids are running around with each other, but that's OK.... because 15 minutes.

LOL. At least they've been consistent with the temp checks.

The administration released a preliminary playbook on how a vaccine will be distributed. It's not complete but it's not terrible either.

I was just coming here to post something similar.

I read somewhere else, something that I cannot link, that vaccine distributions will begin the day after approval. Given that the distribution chain has been set and that pharmacists will be able to administer the shots, this could happen very quickly after approval. The Department of Defense has lined up their logistics support to help with distribution. This is probably the best logistics support entity in the entire world. (I don't think FedEx or UPS can airdrop a light tank.) I am not a big fan of McKesson Corporation, but they are darn good at what they do.

On August 14, CDC executed an existing contract option with McKesson Corporation to support vaccine distribution. The company also distributed the H1N1 vaccine during the H1N1 pandemic in 2009-2010. The current contract with McKesson, awarded as part of a competitive bidding process in 2016, includes an option for the distribution of vaccines in the event of a pandemic.

Detailed planning is ongoing to ensure rapid distribution as soon as the FDA authorizes or approves a COVID-19 vaccine and CDC makes recommendations for who should receive initial doses. Once these decisions are made, McKesson will work under CDC’s guidance, with logistical support from DoD, to ship COVID-19 vaccines to administration sites.

“The Department of Defense is using its world-class logistical expertise to plan for distributing a safe and effective vaccine at warp speed,” said General Gustave Perna. “Americans can trust that our country’s best public health and logistics experts are working together to get them vaccines safely as soon as possible.”

“Allowing pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 vaccines will greatly expand convenient access for the American people.

State-licensed pharmacists and pharmacy interns licensed or registered by their state board of pharmacy must meet specific requirements under 42 U.S.C. 247d-6d.

Firstly, the vaccine must be FDA-authorized and must be ordered and administered according to specific COVID-19 vaccine recommendations.

The licensed pharmacy intern also has various requirements as well, including completing a practical training program, have basic certification in CPR, and complete a minimum of two hours of immunization-related continuing pharmacy education."

Only 2 days, but Indiana has seen a downtick in cases, a BIG downtick in positivity %, and my county is on 2 straight days of zero cases, even with kids going to school (granted half on, half off schedule). Not making predictions, but just counting blessings and hope it continues.

Well, this is not good news. CDC and HHS Directors says vaccine probably won't get wide distribution to the 2nd or 3rd Quarter of next year. On the bright side, it could get to First Responders in November or December. They also said it would take 6 to 9 months before it could be distributed nationally:

Only 2 days, but Indiana has seen a downtick in cases, a BIG downtick in positivity %, and my county is on 2 straight days of zero cases, even with kids going to school (granted half on, half off schedule). Not making predictions, but just counting blessings and hope it continues.
testing has remained the same?

I got tested today. No fever or anything, but I can't smell or taste anything and have a tremendous amount of pressure in my sinuses causing headaches, dizziness, etc. Given that I was exposed last week I thought it was prudent. Will be several days before results. Hopefully nothing.
Can't smell or taste myself and having shortness of breath. I think I'm not bothering with getting tested again and just staying home until I'm symptom free. I had the flu the first time I thought I caught it, not COVID, but this is something I've never felt before.

I am pretty sure I either have antibodies or my type O+ Superman blood is protecting me. I had another encounter where someone tested positive immediately after we were with him. Spent 2 nights of eating/drinking together in a beach condo - just 4 of us there - we were either on the beach together or in the condo together for 48 hours. It was a family member I trust and her husband. I was with him on Saturday night, on Monday he called me to say he lost his sense of smell/taste and tested positive.

I quarantined until I could get tested 4 days later and tested negative. I got a negative antibody test in the summer but I am pretty sure I have them - the only way I could've been more exposed would be if I slept with the guy.

On the bright side I did not humiliate myself during the test this time.

AstraZeneca Trial Participant Adverse Events Likely Unrelated To COVID-19 Vaccine: Oxford

"Volunteers in the British drugmaker’s ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine trial developed unexplained neurological symptoms including changed sensation or weakness in limbs, according to a participant information document published by Oxford, which is co-developing the vaccine with AstraZeneca.

“After independent review, these illnesses were either considered unlikely to be associated with the vaccine or there was insufficient evidence to say for certain that the illnesses were or were not related to the vaccine,” Oxford said, as first reported by Reuters.

Independent reviewers recommended the vaccinations should continue after reviewing each of these cases, according to the document."

Pfizer Says COVID-19 Vaccine Only Showed Moderate Side-Effects In Initial Late-Stage Trials

"Pfizer Inc on Tuesday said only mild-to-moderate side effects were observed in volunteers administered with its COVID-19 vaccine in late-stage human trials.

What Happened: The ongoing Phase 3 trials were carried out in such a way that 50% of the participants received its BNT162b2 vaccine candidate and the rest a placebo, the company said in a statement."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom