COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (13 Viewers)

Not a shocker for those of us paying attention with unbiased lenses, but the proverbially death lag is officially real (again)...

...based on how high the case spike got over the past 4 to 6 weeks, these numbers are just going to get worse and worse for a while now I'm afraid (unless of course, the Pneumonia pandemic takes over again).

Not a shocker for those of us paying attention with unbiased lenses, but the proverbially death lag is officially real (again)...

I was trying to make this point here and elsewhere. Deaths are a lagging indicator. Now the same people are saying "if masks work why are deaths up?" 🤦‍♂️

This is a cautionary tale I'm afraid, as he was a bit outspoken on the anti-protocol side. Won't dance on this guy's grave about it, but hopefully this wakes a few people up. Unfortunately this evening very well may have cost him his life:

To me, the sad part is not his death. If someone plays Russian roulette, that's on them.

I am sad for his family and friends, especially the ones that heed experts' warnings. I am more sad for anyone he may have exposed, especially those that are being cautious, like the healthcare workers that tried to save him. But the most sad part is that people that think like he did will likely continue to do so and nothing will change.

I know that many don't like the bad news and would prefer all of this be spun more positively, but how can you do that when information like this comes in all the time. And don't blame the media. They are just reporting what his happening.

...based on how high the case spike got over the past 4 to 6 weeks, these numbers are just going to get worse and worse for a while now I'm afraid (unless of course, the Pneumonia pandemic takes over again).

Yes, the incredibly common summer pneumonia
It’s also when demon semen is most active

I know that many don't like the bad news and would prefer all of this be spun more positively, but how can you do that when information like this comes in all the time. And don't blame the media. They are just reporting what his happening.

I thought they just said the hospitalizations are dropping in Louisiana. Too much back and forth information in the same freakin day.

I thought they just said the hospitalizations are dropping in Louisiana. Too much back and forth information in the same freakin day.

Those two facts are not inherently contradictory. It's certainly possible for the numbers in the hospital to drop but still have too many in ICU. It's also possible to have the numbers dropping in some places, but in places where there are a lot of current infections, like East Baton Rouge Parish or Southwest Louisiana, to have a shortage of ICU beds.

Not surprising to see the situation change suddenly. There are going to be consequences stemming from this latest case spike, it just took maybe a couple of weeks longer than expected to start taking hold.

Brutal.

Those two facts are not inherently contradictory. It's certainly possible for the numbers in the hospital to drop but still have too many in ICU. It's also possible to have the numbers dropping in some place, but in places where there are a lot of current infections, like East Baton Rouge Parish or Southwest Louisiana, to have a shortage of ICU beds.

I'll admit, I commented on the title. They are not technically running out of beds. They don't have the personnel to attend to all the beds. Still a problem, nonetheless, but the title suggested otherwise.

I was trying to make this point here and elsewhere. Deaths are a lagging indicator. Now the same people are saying "if masks work why are deaths up?" 🤦‍♂️
It's a constant reminder of who I knew in HS that always needed help with their homework.. now I should listen to their valuable opinion?

Looking at the LDH website, hospitalizations were at 1600 on Tuesday and 1524 today, so they are dropping. Baton Rouge region (subject of tweet) was pretty flat 206 to 205. SWLA and Shreveport seem to be the drivers of the statewide decrease. Central LA still increasing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom