COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [7.244M US cases, 208,440 US deaths.] (20 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

Last edited by a moderator:

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
What is wrong with people?
The usual combination of stupidity, apathy, no fundamental grasp of science or history and doing stupid things to show that the man can't tell them what to do. (I guess that could fit all of the preceding categories.)

TL;DR: They're morons.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The current heat index is 105 . Ambient air 93. Warm weather really killed this :(
For the heat index at work, I just use what the temperature gauge in my car tells me it is after baking in the afternoon sun for a few hours. Ran an errand around 1:15 and the temp read 111 when I got in. A few blocks later, it'd cooled down to the actual ambient air temp of 94, but I like to use that immediate "the steering wheel is too hot to touch" temperature number as my current location's heat index.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So the local schools finally sent out "the plan" for returning to the classroom yesterday. They're splitting the kids alphabetically, with half to go Mondays and Tuesdays and the other half on Thursdays and Fridays, with the students working online the days they're not in school (Wednesdays everyone will be online so they can clean the schools). Everyone is supposed to wear masks and social distance while there, but it's not clear what they'll do for the lunch room. I still don't think it's clear what they plan to do once a student or teacher tests positive, either, but I have no doubt we'll get to find out.
St Vrain and Boulder school districts are going 100% remote until 'after' September 30th.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
For the heat index at work, I just use what the temperature gauge in my car tells me it is after baking in the afternoon sun for a few hours. Ran an errand around 1:15 and the temp read 111 when I got in. A few blocks later, it'd cooled down to the actual ambient air temp of 94, but I like to use that immediate "the steering wheel is too hot to touch" temperature number as my current location's heat index.
My car was 99 when I got in it the other day. By the time I had gone to the grocery and back, it read 106. :covri:

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Ms. just got serious

Puzzling that you have to issue an order to stay at home when you test positive, Mississippi is going to Mississippi though because "my grandma said/my cousin said", SMH.

Though when you have a state hospital issue a memo here in MS to keep coming to work while testing positive unless you are vomitting because we are "short staffed" than there lies your problem with the mentality of these people. Though when that memo gets attention, you have an immediate rebuttal of "do not come to work if you are positive of COVID-19".

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My car was 99 when I got in it the other day. By the time I had gone to the grocery and back, it read 106. :covri:
Yesterday had to run to HD...at 5:05pm i hopped in wife car- 116 degrees. Takes ur breath as soon as you get in.

SaintRob

Who Dat!
Reaction score
So in retrospect, I did a stupid thing and now I'm self quarantining. A co-worker and I went to a vendor's office to learn more about a service that we inquired about. My co-worker and I were the only ones to wear masks during the meeting between us and 3 other people in a board room, where we were able to distance 6 feet. Although we were able to stay 6 feet apart, we were with them for almost two hours. It was my first time meeting one of their team members. He reached to shake my hand and I instinctively shook back, but realized immediately that I shouldn't and it must have showed on my face. The guy laughed it off and thought I was being crazy. He was very pompous about it. I immediately used hand sanitizer that was on the table. We should have either asked them to wear masks or rescheduled the meeting, but we didn't. No one was showing any kind of symptoms at all, so we didn't. You know where I'm going with this.

Hand shaker guy called us today to let us know that he tested positive. A family member that he had contact with last week showed symptoms yesterday, had the rapid test and was positive. Now he and several members of his immediate family are positive after having rapid tests done. My contact with him was on Tuesday. I know it's probably too early, but my wife and I went to be tested today. We're going to work remotely (luckily we both have jobs that we're able to do that) for the next several days and watch for symptoms, and get tested again on Monday regardless.

I'm so mad at myself, in retrospect. I really should have known better. Well, I do, I just didn't act on it.
Two test results, two negatives! First one was last Thursday (results came in Friday night) and the second one was yesterday. I just got the results back for that one minutes ago. I haven't shown any symptoms the whole time.

I feel like I dodged a bullet!

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Two test results, two negatives! First one was last Thursday (results came in Friday night) and the second one was yesterday. I just got the results back for that one minutes ago. I haven't shown any symptoms the whole time.

I feel like I dodged a bullet!
masking works. Great news.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 7)

• buzd
  • Jeff

Headlines

Top Bottom