COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (17 Viewers)

I hear you. But those 2 statements didn't even cause me to begin shaking my head. This year has taught me that there are some really stupid people driving around on the streets, voting in elections, raising kids, plugging in electronics, using knives, owning guns and asking others to hold their beer while they perform a dangerous task.

The term I've coined is "dangerously dumb". It's one thing to have different opinions. It's another when your stupidity contributes to worsening a pandemic that has taken 200k+ lives. When your stupidity contributes to the death of others you're dangerously dumb.

I genuinely hope this was a case of the media finding the dumbest people to interview and put on TV for ratings. The other option is too frightening to think about.
I hear you. But those 2 statements didn't even cause me to begin shaking my head. This year has taught me that there are some really stupid people driving around on the streets, voting in elections, raising kids, plugging in electronics, using knives, owning guns and asking others to hold their beer while they perform a dangerous task.

***THIS IS A JOKE***

And why are we trying so hard to save these people from themselves??

***END JOKE***

Right out of Brent Terhune, except that they're serious. Those people are the real sheep, except dumber.

I just realized that we're 2.5 weeks past Laura and 1 week past Labor Day. We haven't seen a spike in cases yet, so is this the week? If we don't get the spike, then that would indicate to me that our preventative measures are working.

Last edited:
The kid trying to say his memorized line his parents told him to say that the flu kills more people... uggghhh...

then the lady trying to make this equivalent to the Floyd murder? "I can't breathe". Serious.. I had to hit pause to do this..

Maybe we really should remove all of the warning labels..

The term I've coined is "dangerously dumb". It's one thing to have different opinions. It's another when your stupidity contributes to worsening a pandemic that has taken 200k+ lives. When your stupidity contributes to the death of others you're dangerously dumb.
Look at Drunk driving fatalities.. almost never the drunk driver. Almost always the other driver who was doing nothing wrong.

Same idea, right?

Holy shirt. I have to go back to high school now because I got that much dumber by watching this.
Wow. That’s just amazing. Why are they so worried about kids going to school? They obviously never learned anything themselves.
Once again, to all these can’t breathe people. Next time you go and have surgery, stand by your beliefs. Tell your OR team that masks are bull and you don’t want them to pass out from lack of oxygen during their surgery.

Here is the more detailed article that Fox linked to:

Sounds promising but it's VERY early in testing.

Yeah, they will obviously have to go through trials in order to get approval for use, but it sounds promising. And I think it's important to find a really effective treatment. A vaccine may be ready in the next few months, but there are estimates that it could take a year to get the U.S. vaccinated to the extent necessary to stop COVID in the U.S. So, having an effective treatment in the meantime would be great.

Not to mention that it's going to be hard to distribute the vaccine world wide to places that might not have the refrigeration systems necessary to keep these vaccines as cold as they need to be. So effective treatment will be kill in the global fight against COVID as well.

I'm going to guess that I find those statements more surprising because I haven't looked at Facebook in probably 3 years and have probably only been on the site like 20 times total.

I'm going to guess that I find those statements more surprising because I haven't looked at Facebook in probably 3 years and have probably only been on the site like 20 times total.

I don't Facebook but I have seen some Twitter comments when people post tweet threads and I click them to read. But I've seen and read enough in the news to know we're a country severely lacking in intelligence and the ability to think unbiased and critically.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom