COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (24 Viewers)

There was never a better time to be an introvert.

I used to be filled with regret that I'm wasting my life by going through the motions while waiting to die.

Now I'm not only comfortable with it, I'm happy. I got rid of social media years ago because the people who I know are so disgusting. Now I know that it isn't just them. It's almost everybody. Bring on the giant meteor, Yosemite eruption, or nuclear war.

Never had social media, never will. If you guys turn out disgusting, at least I don't know who you really are.

Never had social media, never will. If you guys turn out disgusting, at least I don't know who you really are.
I wish that I hadn't signed up for any of it. FaceSpace made me comfortable with the idea that I might never see any of my family again. It also showed me that most of my friends are good to me but not to people in general. I can't deal with that.

None taken. I figured as much, I just didn't want you to think I was a moron.
How about what the rest of us think? :hihi: j/k

Along the mental health subject, I'm having a rough go. My patients cannot be treated in the gym and have to be seen in their rooms. They're already isolated because of the no visitors rule. I'm watching too many of them decline physically and cognitively, and there's so little I can do about it.

In the middle of COVID, (May 13) we were taken over by a different rehab company about whom I have absolutely nothing positive to say, so I'll say nothing. One of my co-workers is enduring a difficult pregnancy, and her newborn son will need cardiac surgery within his first month. She's also facing a host of other challenges such as a rare genetic disorder that may have him requiring special services for most of his life. I am concerned about how this company is going to handle her maternity leave. She was told she does not qualify for FMLA as we have not been employed by this company for the required 12 months.

I have struggled with optimism for years and am trying not to slide deeper into cynicism bordering on misanthropism. Counseling helps, but I really struggle daily to maintain hope. I am working on finding gratitude for the little things, and staying in the moment.

Mental health in these times could use a separate thread.

Last edited:
So it’s a total you know what show from what my wife tells me for J.P. school system. They are given only one mask and one tub of disinfect wipes. Oh, impossible to have 6 ft distance between students and teacher. My wife has to buy her own face shield too. Anyone else involved with the school system? Curious to hear about stories, my wife is really stressing out.

Last edited:
How about what the rest of us think? :hihi: j/k

Along the mental health subject, I'm having a rough go. My patients cannot be treated in the gym and have to be seen in their rooms. They're already isolated because of the no visitors rule. I'm watching too many of them decline physically and cognitively, and there's so little I can do about it.

In the middle of COVID, (May 13) we were taken over by a different rehab company about whom I have absolutely nothing positive to say, so I'll say nothing. One of my co-workers is enduring a difficult pregnancy, and her newborn son will need cardiac surgery within his first month. She's also facing a host of other challenges such as a rare genetic disorder that may have him requiring special services for most of his life. I am concerned about how this company is going to handle her maternity leave. She was told she does not qualify for FMLA as we have not been employed by this company for the required 12 months.

I have struggled with optimism for years and am trying not to slide deeper into cynicism bordering on misanthropism. Counseling helps, but I really struggle daily to maintain hope. I am working on finding gratitude for the little things, and staying in the moment.

Mental health in these times could a separate thread.
Focus on other things man. You cannot stress over things you can’t control. Gotta push through it, adapt & overcome. That is what the Marines taught me. No clue what I will do if my wife quits, but I gotta keep pushing.

So it’s a total you know what show from what my wife tells me for J.P. school system. They are given only one mask and one tub of disinfect wipes. Oh, impossible to have 6 ft distance between students and teacher. My wife has to buy her own face shield too. Anyone else involved with the school system? Curious to hear about stories, my wife is really stressing out.
I was watching some of that on wdsu this morning
JP teachers don’t have their supply stipend anymore?
And one of the teachers was saying that most PPE is on backorder
There is just no excuse to start this of all school years without basic supplies

I really wish every entity everywhere was required to disclose if the "positive" tests they are reporting are from the nasal swab tests, or from the antibody blood test... (Instead of the blanket statements and non-contextual numbers of "positive" tests)

I have been told by several reputable (and A-political like myself) people I trust in the medical community that there is a huge difference between the 2....

Testing positive when given a nasal swab test typically means you have a current Covid infection, and are likely contagious and need to quarantine...

Testing positive using the blood test means you have had it in the past in more than most cases (like more than 10 days ago), and your body has already made or has started to make antibodies, and thus are exponentially less likely to be contagious (or even sick) depending on the Serology of the blood test...

There is a pretty damn important bit of context there - as opposed to - "they are all positive".... You can be around a person who has tested positive for antibodies and has no active infection (IgG).... and it's highly unlikely you would get the virus.... You can't be around someone that has tested positive via the nasal swab for 14 days or so, or it's likely you will...

Not sure why this is not pointed out repeatedly, and why cases aren't reported completely separately from one another, it wouldn't be that hard to do.... and that context would be critical to just about every decision making process for who does and doesn't need to do anything but stay home.

And frankly, it's beginning to tick me off.

Last edited:
There was never a better time to be an introvert.

I used to be filled with regret that I'm wasting my life by going through the motions while waiting to die.

Now I'm not only comfortable with it, I'm happy. I got rid of social media years ago because the people who I know are so disgusting. Now I know that it isn't just them. It's almost everybody. Bring on the giant meteor, Yosemite eruption, or nuclear war.
An old bartender at a bar I used to go to in my 20's had a saying that I still use today. " Some people call it being in a rut....I call it being in the groove." Haha

I was watching some of that on wdsu this morning
JP teachers don’t have their supply stipend anymore?
And one of the teachers was saying that most PPE is on backorder
There is just no excuse to start this of all school years without basic supplies
When I heard one mask and tub of wipes. I wasn’t sure that I should cry or laugh. These past few years, we have bought supplies beyond what she got, we have bought a school bag for one kid, given many books and toys (most of the kids get nothing at home), and some organic candy. She lost her stipend from what she told me (I recall). I can tell my wife wants to quit badly but we would pinching pennies cause my daughter’s school isn’t cheap by any stretch.
My wife doesn’t know what’s worse, the virus or me being a cheap arse.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom