COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

That's the plan our district has also but they allow you to opt for full time VLA which we're doing. You have to commit to 9 weeks whichever way you decide. I figure let the other families be the guinea pigs for 9 weeks. I fully expect it to be a train wreck and by labor day everyone will be doing VLA but if for some reason there's a miracle between now and 9 weeks from now I'll reassess the kids going to class. Until then we'll keep being cautious.
The thing is, you can elect to go with online learning, but if you do you're not allowed to switch back. My understanding is that the online school will be taught by different teachers, so there is some logic to it, but it puts pressure on parents to let the kids go back to school.

Last edited:
Well. I'm not worried about my kids going to school on August 24th anymore.

Because Georgia is going to get the entire nation shut down way before then.

Who will sue the school district first? The parents of kids wearing masks that get sick, or parents of those unmasked who get sick?

Who will sue the school district first? The parents of kids wearing masks that get sick, or parents of those unmasked who get sick?
Won't matter. Executive orders granting immunity to districts already in place.

Teachers get stipends? Don't feel bad for being cheap. I had a conversation with my wife on the subject. We would spend hundreds on supplies including ink/toner. I told my wife if the school can't afford to let you print on the MFCs, then stop printing.
It was like $200 or something close to that.

The thing is, you can elect to go with online learning, but if you do you're not allowed to switch back. My understanding is that the online school will be taught by different teachers, so there is some logic to it, but it puts pressure on parents to let the kids go back to school.
It is already a huge feat to take the necessary precautions to attempt safe classroom learning of those that opt in. It would be impossible to adjust those on the fly to accommodate students trickling in every week or so as parents/kids decide to switch from online to in person.

I, too, believe it's a moot point as Georgia is about to become a major disaster and change plans across the nation.

What is wrong with people?
The usual combination of stupidity, apathy, no fundamental grasp of science or history and doing stupid things to show that the man can't tell them what to do. (I guess that could fit all of the preceding categories.)

TL;DR: They're morons.

The current heat index is 105 . Ambient air 93. Warm weather really killed this :(
For the heat index at work, I just use what the temperature gauge in my car tells me it is after baking in the afternoon sun for a few hours. Ran an errand around 1:15 and the temp read 111 when I got in. A few blocks later, it'd cooled down to the actual ambient air temp of 94, but I like to use that immediate "the steering wheel is too hot to touch" temperature number as my current location's heat index.

So the local schools finally sent out "the plan" for returning to the classroom yesterday. They're splitting the kids alphabetically, with half to go Mondays and Tuesdays and the other half on Thursdays and Fridays, with the students working online the days they're not in school (Wednesdays everyone will be online so they can clean the schools). Everyone is supposed to wear masks and social distance while there, but it's not clear what they'll do for the lunch room. I still don't think it's clear what they plan to do once a student or teacher tests positive, either, but I have no doubt we'll get to find out.

St Vrain and Boulder school districts are going 100% remote until 'after' September 30th.

For the heat index at work, I just use what the temperature gauge in my car tells me it is after baking in the afternoon sun for a few hours. Ran an errand around 1:15 and the temp read 111 when I got in. A few blocks later, it'd cooled down to the actual ambient air temp of 94, but I like to use that immediate "the steering wheel is too hot to touch" temperature number as my current location's heat index.

My car was 99 when I got in it the other day. By the time I had gone to the grocery and back, it read 106. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom