COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (6 Viewers)

Ms. just got serious

Puzzling that you have to issue an order to stay at home when you test positive, Mississippi is going to Mississippi though because "my grandma said/my cousin said", SMH.

Though when you have a state hospital issue a memo here in MS to keep coming to work while testing positive unless you are vomitting because we are "short staffed" than there lies your problem with the mentality of these people. Though when that memo gets attention, you have an immediate rebuttal of "do not come to work if you are positive of COVID-19".

My car was 99 when I got in it the other day. By the time I had gone to the grocery and back, it read 106. :covri:

Yesterday had to run to HD...at 5:05pm i hopped in wife car- 116 degrees. Takes ur breath as soon as you get in.

So in retrospect, I did a stupid thing and now I'm self quarantining. A co-worker and I went to a vendor's office to learn more about a service that we inquired about. My co-worker and I were the only ones to wear masks during the meeting between us and 3 other people in a board room, where we were able to distance 6 feet. Although we were able to stay 6 feet apart, we were with them for almost two hours. It was my first time meeting one of their team members. He reached to shake my hand and I instinctively shook back, but realized immediately that I shouldn't and it must have showed on my face. The guy laughed it off and thought I was being crazy. He was very pompous about it. I immediately used hand sanitizer that was on the table. We should have either asked them to wear masks or rescheduled the meeting, but we didn't. No one was showing any kind of symptoms at all, so we didn't. You know where I'm going with this.

Hand shaker guy called us today to let us know that he tested positive. A family member that he had contact with last week showed symptoms yesterday, had the rapid test and was positive. Now he and several members of his immediate family are positive after having rapid tests done. My contact with him was on Tuesday. I know it's probably too early, but my wife and I went to be tested today. We're going to work remotely (luckily we both have jobs that we're able to do that) for the next several days and watch for symptoms, and get tested again on Monday regardless.

I'm so mad at myself, in retrospect. I really should have known better. Well, I do, I just didn't act on it.
Two test results, two negatives! First one was last Thursday (results came in Friday night) and the second one was yesterday. I just got the results back for that one minutes ago. I haven't shown any symptoms the whole time.

I feel like I dodged a bullet!

Two test results, two negatives! First one was last Thursday (results came in Friday night) and the second one was yesterday. I just got the results back for that one minutes ago. I haven't shown any symptoms the whole time.

I feel like I dodged a bullet!

masking works. Great news.

we had a moment to seize re: education and we collectively decided... "nah.... we good"

I have this sinking feeling we have no idea what is going to hit us.

It was always going to be bad. But it never had to be this bad. And it's probably going to be worse.

Educators in mid-management aren't engaged in education. They are akin to business management and micro-management. This requires vision and thinking and abstract reconceptualization.

But it's all about discipline management and micro-management and liability management and fiscal management.

Those are important, but NONE of them are actually about education, writ large.

For all of the people who despise the ivory tower navel-gazers (and I would include myself in this number), these are the places full of ideas - including ones that are grounded in actual practice, albeit small scale. But it never comes to the attention of districts or mid-management administrators, because those positions the coursework leading to those positions don't address them.

The answers - at least some of them - are out there. As GMR said - *been* out there - but we've been too busy thinking we're teaching and learning, when it really hasn't been about education. It's been about re-production.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom