COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

No barricades and my windows are sealed shut. I could try a fan. I (and many others) have basically no resources with which to work through this, which is a source of great frustration.

Fans can only recirculate ambient air. They do not reduce room temperature. A fan is no good unless you have a cooling source

Fans can only recirculate ambient air. They do not reduce room temperature. A fan is no good unless you have a cooling source
That has nothing to do with the point I was making about fans, to which Sun was replying. it was about bringing in outside air to dissipate any potential virus. You need air replacement or filtration.

A fan by its self may knock the aerosol out of the air and onto a surface, more easily cleaned though.

Otherwise, you're right about it not cooling a room down, but it does make you feel cooler by helping the body remove access heat.

The school my sister teaches at isn't even opening the cafeteria. Everyone has to bring their lunch from home.

Is this a private school? I can't see how a public school could get away with doing this.

Welp, I now have family members sending anti-vaxx propaganda articles warning about getting any COVID-19 vaccine.

Making science political is such a stupid thing to do, and it could potentially effect the well being of the people I care about. There is a very real hesitancy and suspicion to want to understand facts because it's a 'side' thing now.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I've sent an article or two back outlining basic studies around the efficacy of vaccines and the lack of the autism tie-in and it's been met with defensiveness.

I suppose at some point it's a pride thing.
I have lost patience with people of this sort. It's to the point where I hope they reap what they have sown.

I think you did the right thing by sending them the scientific studies. If it confuses them with the facts, that's their problem. You did what you could. It's up to them to stop being stupid by continuing to believe the nonsense.

How many is a "handful" out of 7000 "employees"?

Who are the employees?

Would these employees come into direct contact with students and other facility on a normal day?

Did they test positive for the active virus (nasal swab) or for Antibodies (Serology) post-virus? (I.e. are they likely to spread it)

Are they symptomatic, or asymptomatic?

The infections — news of which was first broken by WDSU-TV — were not quantified by the Jefferson Parish school district, though are sure to add fuel to calls to delay the start of in-class instruction.

I mean, if you're not going to inform or quantify (to add to the decision making process)... and you just want to dump fuel on the fire that gets school delayed or canceled.... then say that, and let's move on....

I am getting really sick of these "reports" that report nothing of any substance.... and only serve to scare or tick people off.

(No offense to you MB... thanks for posting)

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with the point I was making about fans, to which Sun was replying. it was about bringing in outside air to dissipate any potential virus. You need air replacement or filtration.

A fan by its self may knock the aerosol out of the air and onto a surface, more easily cleaned though.

Otherwise, you're right about it not cooling a room down, but it does make you feel cooler by helping the body remove access heat.
point taken,but running a fan in a room that does not have air conditioning can make matters worse.

I apologize, I misread your point.

How many is a "handful" out of 7000 "employees"?

Who are the employees?

Would these employees come into direct contact with students and other facility on a normal day?

Did they test positive for the active virus (nasal swab) or for Antibodies (Serology) post-virus? (I.e. are they likely to spread it)

Are they symptomatic, or asymptomatic?

I mean, if you're not going to inform or quantify (to add to the decision making process)... and you just want to dump fuel on the fire that gets school delayed or canceled.... then say that, and let's move on....

I am getting really sick of these "reports" that report nothing of any substance.... and only serve to scare or tick people off.

(No offense to you MB... thanks for posting)

Maybe you should be ranting at the JP School Board since they release this information in a written statement? Instead of using this as an opportunity to bash the media because this report doesn't fit your narrative.

Welp, I now have family members sending anti-vaxx propaganda articles warning about getting any COVID-19 vaccine.

Making science political is such a stupid thing to do, and it could potentially effect the well being of the people I care about. There is a very real hesitancy and suspicion to want to understand facts because it's a 'side' thing now.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I've sent an article or two back outlining basic studies around the efficacy of vaccines and the lack of the autism tie-in and it's been met with defensiveness.

I suppose at some point it's a pride thing.
Maybe buy them a used high school biology textbook and send it to them, with the chapter on bacteria/virus/vaccination flagged.

Good to see marching band is not being impacted by the world wide epidemic that has killed hundreds of thousands.

Attachments

• 85938.jpeg
    85938.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 26
Good to see marching band is not being impacted by the world wide epidemic that has killed hundreds of thousands.
Hard to tell from the picture, but I'm sure they all have masks on. :rolleyes:

Hard to tell from the picture, but I'm sure they all have masks on. :rolleyes:
Yeah.....picture isn't the greatest but consider it's kids in a band at a school that's for the best. Wouldn't want to post pics of someone's kid if they can be recognized. Take my word though....even with a nice soon camera you wouldn't have seen masks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom