COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [8.288M US cases, 223,644 US deaths.] (14 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

Last edited by a moderator:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man when Italy is calling us out, that’s tough language as their government is widely considered to be more on the inept side of Europe.
Since the end of WW2, Italy has had 61 governments
One way to frame that is they know bad government when they see it

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a lot recently. I’m very interested to see what happens in Florida, Arizona, Texas and parts of California. If we look at the east coast/New England area, the numbers dropped quickly and Have stayed low. Now, what is at play? Some previous coronavirus providing some level of immunity? Large asymptomatic infections providing immunity? What is holding their rates down so low? Those 4 states I mentioned have plateaued or are beginning to fall. I’m not believing it’s masks and social
Distancing doing all of it. So what else Is going on here?

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a lot recently. I’m very interested to see what happens in Florida, Arizona, Texas and parts of California. If we look at the east coast/New England area, the numbers dropped quickly and Have stayed low. Now, what is at play? Some previous coronavirus providing some level of immunity? Large asymptomatic infections providing immunity? What is holding their rates down so low? Those 4 states I mentioned have plateaued or are beginning to fall. I’m not believing it’s masks and social
Distancing doing all of it. So what else Is going on here?
Didn't they recently stop reporting their numbers to the cdc and now to the feds?

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't they recently stop reporting their numbers to the cdc and now to the feds?
There are still state numbers that are published by individual states. I think each one of those states (Florida is having issues now I know) is not getting worse. There are smaller outbreaks in Europe, but it’s declining or way down in a lot of areas also.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Cardinals postponement of games expected to reach two weeks straight. At this point the Cards should just pull the plug on their season.
I can't dislike the Cardinals more than I always have but their stupidity messed with my weekend. I love to listen to baseball while mowing the lawn, or just relaxing on the porch.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

This is the high school where the photo was taken. Also, two days!?! What is that supposed to accomplish?
Is this their way of easing the people into things and buy themselves a little more time to see how many more positives pop up? By all means, yall keep on with that no mask thing, North Paulding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 7)

Headlines

Top Bottom