COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (13 Viewers)

I got the news today that was expected. My daughter has tested positive. She was exposed 2 weeks ago to a patient
admitted due to heart problems. He began to have trouble breathing and she was responsible for intubating him. He later tested
positive for covid. Her symptoms are body aches, a very sore throat, and no sense of taste or smell. I called earlier today. She
told me she feels better today than yesterday. We made the decision not to see each other when this pandemic started hitting our
area months ago. I am so ready for this to be over with.

Hope she gets better soon! Thinking of y’all!

I got the news today that was expected. My daughter has tested positive. She was exposed 2 weeks ago to a patient
admitted due to heart problems. He began to have trouble breathing and she was responsible for intubating him. He later tested
positive for covid. Her symptoms are body aches, a very sore throat, and no sense of taste or smell. I called earlier today. She
told me she feels better today than yesterday. We made the decision not to see each other when this pandemic started hitting our

Man, hope your daughter gets better soon Face, thoughts are with you....

Hopefully she will pull through quickly and with no complications. My thoughts are with you and your family. The good thing is after she recovers, unless she is one of a very small minority, she is immune to covid now

Quick question about the complications/lingering effects of covid

Lung & heart damage, cognitive effects etc

Can you have these effects even if you only had a mild case of Covid or were completely asymptomstic? Or do you need to have had a serious case?

Are the effects immediately after recovering from covid?

Or is it possible to recover, feel perfectly fine then 5,10, 20 years from now problems start to arise? Like feeling pain from an old high school injury decades later?

Can you have these effects even if you only had a mild case of Covid or were completely asymptomstic? Or do you need to have had a serious case?

Or is it possible to recover, feel perfectly fine then 5,10, 20 years from now problems start to arise? Like feeling pain from an old high school injury decades later?

Some research points to long term damage to internal organs after a patient recovers, Unfortunately, we will not know the
extent for many years.

I don’t think anyone knows, really
If we’re still figuring out the different strains, it’s going to be hard to tease out different strains from different Impacts to different populations
And obviously we know little of longterm effect

Did they have any other underlying health issues such as hypertension or obesity problems?

Everybody thought he was super healthy, but maybe not so.

"Chad Dorrill was in “tremendous shape.” Tall and slender. Played basketball. Ran long distances. But the 19-year-old college student died on Monday night, apparently of neurological complications related to Covid-19."

"Mr. Dorrill, a sophomore at Appalachian State University in Boone, N.C., had been living off campus and taking classes online when he became ill with flulike symptoms, the school’s chancellor, Sheri Everts, wrote on Tuesday in a statement to students confirming his death. “His mother encouraged him to come home, quarantine and be tested,” Dr. Everts said.

He tested positive for the coronavirus on Sept. 7 and quarantined for 10 days before returning to Boone, according to his uncle David Dorrill, who said he lives seven houses away from the family in Wallburg, N.C., near Winston-Salem. He said that after his nephew returned to college, he almost immediately began experiencing serious neurological problems."

"Tonia Maxcy, a family friend who taught Chad Dorrill in high school, said doctors told the family that they suspected he had a previously undetected case of Guillain-Barré syndrome, a rare neurological disorder in which the body’s immune system attacks nerves. Many viruses can trigger the syndrome, and there have been cases linked to Covid-19. "

Did they have any other underlying health issues such as hypertension or obesity problems?

Found a more succinct article.

It appears his issues with COVID were neurological rather than respiratory. " The doctor said it was a one-in-a-million case — that they’d never seen something progress the way it did. It was a Covid complication that rather than attacking his respiratory system attacked his brain.”

Edit: JT you got to it before me, and missed that part about Guillain-Barre syndrome, I didn't want people to think I was omitting it to hide it.

Found a more succinct article.

It appears his issues with COVID were neurological rather than respiratory. " The doctor said it was a one-in-a-million case — that they’d never seen something progress the way it did. It was a Covid complication that rather than attacking his respiratory system attacked his brain.”

Edit: JT you got to it before me, and missed that part about Guillain-Barre syndrome, I didn't want people to think I was omitting it to hide it.

Covid isn't a respiratory disease like the flu even though it can be transmitted that way. This is much different, which is why so you see symptoms such as the loss of taste, smell and effects on the brain and nervous system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom