COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (10 Viewers)

Its for a different thread but these policies are so backward it makes me crazy. Should never have brought any kids to campus if your plan is to tell them "Don't socialize" and then punish them when they (inevitably) do - and of course they're creating incentives for kids to leave campus to escape the rules and then bring the virus back.... stupid.

Oh, no doubt. The school wants their money, and the right thing would have been for them to do distance learning. But no. Aggravating that my daughter has to deal with all of that, but it is what it is. She's managed to not get infected yet even though she's a RA in one of the dorms.

China has issued emergency authorization for a vaccine to give to students traveling to the USA. The irony in a Chinese student having to fly to Wuhan to get a vaccine to make it safe for them to fly to the USA is quite thick.

Many believe that "the young" (usually meaning under-60 or under-50), even with these conditions, are pretty close to 100% COVID-safe. Maybe 1 in a thousand suffers or expires, and those odds are totally worth it to hear some tell it.

It's the whole one death is a tragedy and 215,000 deaths is a statistic problem.

Many people look at this in terms of what does it mean for me? If they don't think they or their family are at risk, they don't care unless someone close to them got severly ill or died. For some people, until it becomes personal, they just aren't going to care and their calculus will always see economics and quality of life as more important than the death of someone they don't know or even the deaths of 215,000 people that they don't know. Because those people are just statistics. They are just numbers that don't mean anything real to them.

China has issued emergency authorization for a vaccine to give to students traveling to the USA. The irony in a Chinese student having to fly to Wuhan to get a vaccine to make it safe for them to fly to the USA is quite thick.

Why is China worrying about vaccines if they aren't spreading it? 24 cases yesterday out of 1,390,000,000.

It's the whole one death is a tragedy and 215,000 deaths is a statistic problem.

Many people look at this in terms of what does it mean for me? If they don't think they or their family are at risk, they don't care unless someone close to them got severly ill or died. For some people, until it becomes personal, they just aren't going to care and their calculus will always see economics and quality of life as more important than the death of someone they don't know or even the deaths of 215,000 people that they don't know. Because those people are just statistics. They are just numbers that don't mean anything real to them.

Yeah, the lack of empathy by so many people is downright disturbing. What the hell happened to sacrificing a little for the benefit of those around us? Meh.

Why is China worrying about vaccines if they aren't spreading it? 24 cases yesterday out of 1,390,000,000.

I assume because they don't want those students to go to the U.S., catch the virus, and then bring it back to China.

Because China is controlled by the Military Industrial Complex? :)
Obviously it's a preventative measure and probably even more important to the Chinese is the prestige of having vaccines and the ability to produce and distribute them globally at huge financial gains but your response is even better.

So, south Florida has been pretty good about masks, as they have been mandatory for a while.

I was in a gas station getting windshield washer solution. A road worker (state, local, contractor?) Comes in without a mask on. Immediately he is told, "sir, where is your mask"

"But I'm wearing a shirt."

Silence and glares

"You telling me there's a difference"

Walks out.

Me, in my head... do you breath through your damn skin?

Do most of you feel the US should try a lockdown?
I want to give this a better answer when I can get on a computer.

No.

Locally, areas like Wisconsin might want to consider it.

However, i wanted to see, and still want to see a much stronger coordinated federal response.

I'll flesh this out later.

So the Chinese have a vaccine that's safe and ready to go?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom