COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

Why the part in red? It doesn't look like COVID-19 had much of a problem spreading in any climate so long as people congregate (esp indoors).
Less UV + more virus and higher viral loads, less vitamin D absorbtion = more severe cases , more congregating indoors and higher viral loads equals faster spreading and more severe cases. I'm not saying it's going to be higher than it was in the early spring, just higher than what it was in the summer. It is already playing out this way in Europe and starting to show signs of it in the US. Mix in holiday season, an election, schools, denial and virus fatique and things are about to get really ugly.

The Skylark is the most beautiful ugly car ever. :yes:
'77 Datsun B210 was my first car. Forest Green hatchback with bee hive hubcaps and an 8-Track player. I had to buy a cassette converter for to play cassettes.
OMG. My first car was a '72 Buick Skylark, metalic mint green. I went too long on tires with no tread and 6 monts later I wrecked it Christmas day in 1976. Still had payments for another 18 months, so I was on a Suzuki motorcycle.
Then I bought my first new car, a Datsun B210 (dark blue), no AC with the honeycomb hubcaps. It was $3200 off the lot. Sold it five years later for $2100.

And since this is a COVID thread, I'll mention that I wasn't wearing a mask at all during those times.

Less UV + more virus and higher viral loads, less vitamin D absorbtion = more severe cases , more congregating indoors and higher viral loads equals faster spreading and more severe cases. I'm not saying it's going to be higher than it was in the early spring, just higher than what it was in the summer. It is already playing out this way in Europe and starting to show signs of it in the US. Mix in holiday season, an election, schools, denial and virus fatique and things are about to get really ugly.
I see. I thought you were saying that something fundamental about the virus itself was going to change in response to the change in seasons.

The schools continue to be doing a good job with adhering to the policies. Masks, distancing, handwashing, cohorting, etc are having a real impact.

It's having a positive effect.

But our numbers are getting higher and higher and it's only going to get worse with flu season and winter coming on.

Toronto and Ottawa and Peel (area northwest of Toronto) have rolled back to earlier Stage 2 restrictions.

Two other areas - York (immediate to Toronto's north) and Halton (Toronto's west - where I am) - are next up for rolled back restrictions.

we did this a couple of weeks ago with Canadian Thanksgiving.

Here's how it went:

We were told: "IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY! Do not travel, stay home, stay distant, stay safe."

What did we do?

Not that.

I mean, we did - my family. But my wife, who teaches 29 grade 5 and 6 students in her class, talked about what they did for Thanksgiving.

Martha decided to conduct an informal survey and more than 20 of them had traveled or hosted others (friends and family) in their homes.

Thanks, idiots.

we did this a couple of weeks ago with Canadian Thanksgiving.

Here's how it went:

We were told: "IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY! Do not travel, stay home, stay distant, stay safe."

What did we do?

Not that.

I mean, we did - my family. But my wife, who teaches 29 grade 5 and 6 students in her class, talked about what they did for Thanksgiving.

Martha decided to conduct an informal survey and more than 20 of them had traveled or hosted others (friends and family) in their homes.

Thanks, idiots.

My family has pretty much decided that we won't be doing any of the usual get togethers for Thanksgiving. We (my wife and I) might just go to the beach.

My family has pretty much decided that we won't be doing any of the usual get togethers for Thanksgiving. We (my wife and I) might just go to the beach.

yea, at this point I am beginning to brace my kids and my family back home that our summer trip 2021 might be in jeopardy, too. I just don't feel like things are going to get back to normal enough for that for a while.

So, south Florida has been pretty good about masks, as they have been mandatory for a while.

I was in a gas station getting windshield washer solution. A road worker (state, local, contractor?) Comes in without a mask on. Immediately he is told, "sir, where is your mask"

"But I'm wearing a shirt."

Silence and glares

"You telling me there's a difference"

Walks out.

Me, in my head... do you breath through your damn skin?

Clearly he is three salamanders in a t-shirt.

Folks this thing is taking off - conditions are only going to be more favorable for spread unless we take new large-scale mitigation. And I don’t think America has the will to do it.

1602902851184.png

Folks this thing is taking off - conditions are only going to be more favorable for spread unless we take new large-scale mitigation. And I don’t think America has the will to do it.

1602902851184.png

That chart looks like a stock about to really break out.

1602902851184.png

Doesn't matter how many get sick and die....the most important thing is muh freedums!

Ah yes, the letter signed by such medical luminaries as "Dr. Johnny Bananas" and "Dr. Person Fakename" , not to mention the esteemed "Dr. I.P. Freely" (https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...atories-on-herd-immunity-open-letter-12099947). ...

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

Yeah, just a bunch of nobodies like Dr. Johnny Bananas et. al. C'mon man.

Last edited:
I’m not particularly concerned about Thanksgiving since my family doesn’t usually get together for that. This years Christmas fell on a year that we normally have a huge family reunion, back in West Monroe. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and eating at all my favorite childhood joints. We also spend a few thousand on fireworks for Christmas Eve.

But we, wisely I think, have decided to push it off to 2021. There are a lot of elderly in our family. God help them if they caught this crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom