COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Regarding the blood type, wouldn't it be easy to look at the deaths as well as those on ventilators and see what those blood types were? If they see a significantly lower percentage of people with O type in those numbers it would be pretty telling, and seems rather easy to do.

Can't smell or taste myself and having shortness of breath. I think I'm not bothering with getting tested again and just staying home until I'm symptom free. I had the flu the first time I thought I caught it, not COVID, but this is something I've never felt before.
My guess is you hit the Rona jackpot. That’s essentially what I had, along with a headache. Never got too bad. But man when the taste and smell comes back you’ll be disgusted by food.

Regarding the blood type, wouldn't it be easy to look at the deaths as well as those on ventilators and see what those blood types were? If they see a significantly lower percentage of people with O type in those numbers it would be pretty telling, and seems rather easy to do.

You could, but correlation does not equate to causation. It's anecdotal at best without the ability to have control groups. That's the problem with epidemiology. Usually the best it can do is suggest a correlation. It takes other types of evidence to draw any conclusions. Failing that, you would need years and years of epidemiology that shows the same thing each time.

And I'm not sure how much it would really help. I mean the evidence is they are less likely to get COVID and tend to get less severe cases. But they can still get it and can still get bad cases. So they can also still spread it.

Last edited:

Maybe the USA is not uniquely bad at fighting COVID after all? What does that say about lockdowns and all that?

The conventional wisdom has been that the US sucks at this and Europe has it together.. what if that's wrong?

Maybe the USA is not uniquely bad at fighting COVID after all? What does that say about lockdowns and all that?

The conventional wisdom has been that the US sucks at this and Europe has it together.. what if that's wrong?

I mean, I think what it shows is what happens when you get complacent and start to open up. They did have it held down, but now they are trying to return to normal and it's coming back. Which is something we are doing long before we have reached the point where Europe is.

Obviously, a value judgment needs to be made regarding whether that is worth the risk and deaths or not?

Europe imposed strict lockdowns and stopped the spread. They opened back up and made it for a while but the spread is happening again.

My guess? They will take the proper steps to ensure they don't actually end up in our situation. That's the difference between the rest of the world and the US. It's not that they don't face the same threats, it's that they have done a better job of addressing it.

The population of Europe is about 750 million. They have been under 1000 deaths per day since late May, and I'll be shocked if they ever get back there (they are currently around 500).

I am pretty sure I either have antibodies or my type O+ Superman blood is protecting me. I had another encounter where someone tested positive immediately after we were with him. Spent 2 nights of eating/drinking together in a beach condo - just 4 of us there - we were either on the beach together or in the condo together for 48 hours. It was a family member I trust and her husband. I was with him on Saturday night, on Monday he called me to say he lost his sense of smell/taste and tested positive.

I quarantined until I could get tested 4 days later and tested negative. I got a negative antibody test in the summer but I am pretty sure I have them - the only way I could've been more exposed would be if I slept with the guy.

On the bright side I did not humiliate myself during the test this time.

I have O positive blood too and have probably been out too much for it being a pandemic and never felt better. Of course still taking all necessary precautions but it does make me wonder

But I guess the "good" news is that India is apparently about to overtake the U.S. But, we should probably aim to be better at this than India.

It says that physical distancing and staying at home as much as possible only works as long as you continue to do it.

European countries have been relaxing their response measures which is believed to be why the resurgence is occurring.

Look at how things have gone here. We limit our public movement, the spread slows down. We start publicly moving around more, the spread increases.

Also, Europe is more northerly than the US, so it's more into fall than we are. So it may also be showing that the virus is going to start spreading more as we move into fall and winter.

Look at what happened last winter. The spread here came after the spread in Europe. So it's possible this is an indication of what is to come.

The Hammer and the Dance. Europe did the hammer much better than we did. Now we get to see if they're better dancers, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom