COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [8.678M US cases, 228,620 US deaths.] (19 Viewers)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The original COVID-19 Outbreak thread has been closed but is still available as a read-only thread (sticky above). The original thread had become less and less about new information and more about petty bickering. The purpose of this new thread is to link or report new information as it comes out. Try not to go off course from the topic. Those of you who had been banned from the original thread feel free to participate in this new thread. Just stay on topic. Thank you.
-----------------
Edit - Andrus:
Bottom line is that moving forward we simply don't want any political bickering going on within this thread, and want to try to limit this thread to being as much about sharing Covid-19 information as possible.

If you want to discuss the political aspects of Covid-19 with other SR members, you can do so here (If you are not already registered there, you will be required to do so)...
------------------
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like the round table was filled with people who would tell the governor what he wanted to hear. Not even sure ifnhis own dept of health was invited..

There may be some fair points though. But this doesnt feel like a real vetting of what to do. It is good PR..

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You know there’s a problem when T-Bob calls you out.
That's the first thing I notice. When T-Bob Hebert calls you an idiot, you have issues.

But, to be fair, I find T-Bob to be surprisingly smart at times. Certainly much smarter than his dad.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's the first thing I notice. When T-Bob Hebert calls you an idiot, you have issues.

But, to be fair, I find T-Bob to be surprisingly smart at times. Certainly much smarter than his dad.
He’s gets that from Theresa.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
The UK is considering, possible actually planning, doing a Human Challenge Trail for potential Covid Vaccines, starting in January. A challenge trial is where you take a person who is healthy and has not been exposed to the virus, you give them a vaccine candidate and then you intentionally infect them with the virus to see if they get sick. It has been done before in rare cases and is fairly controversial. Given the worldwide impact of this virus, I am actually surprised this has not been done yet. (I would not be at all surprised if a challenge trail has already taken place in some countries, without the knowledge of the "participants" in the trial.)

Current Phase 3 trials essentially have to "wait" for people (control/placebo group) to get infected with the virus to find out if their vaccines works, meaning that a smaller percentage of people who got the vaccine actually got infected with (sick from) the virus.

Charlie Brizzown

Good grief
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The UK is considering, possible actually planning, doing a Human Challenge Trail for potential Covid Vaccines, starting in January. A challenge trial is where you take a person who is healthy and has not been exposed to the virus, you give them a vaccine candidate and then you intentionally infect them with the virus to see if they get sick. It has been done before in rare cases and is fairly controversial. Given the worldwide impact of this virus, I am actually surprised this has not been done yet. (I would not be at all surprised if a challenge trail has already taken place in some countries, without the knowledge of the "participants" in the trial.)

Current Phase 3 trials essentially have to "wait" for people (control/placebo group) to get infected with the virus to find out if their vaccines works, meaning that a smaller percentage of people who got the vaccine actually got infected with (sick from) the virus.

Ethical issues aside, seems like there should be plenty of people willing to volunteer for that.

OP
Dan in Lafayette

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been taking the 4000 IU vitamin D since back in March. Also good to supplement with magnesium as well.
Me too. I am in the high risk group. My supplement also has zinc along with the Mg and Vitamin D.

Definitely has taken after his mother cuz his dad's a moron. "Yes, but no."

gboudx

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thankful our school district has a public Dashboard where all Covid infections are listed per school, per students, per teachers, per admin, including janitorial, bus drivers, support staff and the administrations itself.

The teacher my wife shares a classroom with, meaning they swap rooms instead of the students, had a Covid test yesterday. She's feeling awful with loss of taste, headache, fever and fatigue. This may be hitting close to home soon.

gboudx

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I assumed when he was saying ‘per students’ et al that they were named
Yeah it just gives counts. Like "Lab+ students, Lab+ staff, Lab+ stay-at-home students", etc. It's the same 5-6 metrics for every school in the district.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
So I had a dry cough and headache for most of the weekend. Didn’t feel right going in to work today. No fever, but some light fatigue and while I can still smell and taste, it seems a bit off. It could all be in my head though.

Our district has a partnership with a hospital system so I went ahead and got my brain swabbed this morning. 24-48 hours till I get results.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I had a dry cough and headache for most of the weekend. Didn’t feel right going in to work today. No fever, but some light fatigue and while I can still smell and taste, it seems a bit off. It could all be in my head though.

Our district has a partnership with a hospital system so I went ahead and got my brain swabbed this morning. 24-48 hours till I get results.
My favorite game to play in the mornings: “is it Covid or old age?”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 9)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Michael Thomas trade rumors, receiver depth, Emmanuel Sanders on COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette BREAKING: Saints Place WR Emmanuel Sanders on the Reserve-Covid List SR News Page Articles 0
Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders landed on the reserve/COVID-19 list as a symptomatic positive. What now? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders and CB Ken Crawley on reserve/COVID-19 list, WR Michael Thomas and OL Nick Easton ruled out for Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Panthers final injury report: Emmanuel Sanders, Ken Crawley placed on Covid-19 reserved list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Sanders out after positive COVID-19 test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints put Emmanuel Sanders on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Emmanuel Sanders placed on reserve-COVID list, will not play Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints look to be even more limited at wide receiver as Covid strikes Saints RSS News Feeds 0
St. Aaron Saints Looks like Saints will be without Thomas and Sanders [Covid List] on Sunday... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 115
jasonsw N/S Good News in Raiders/Bucs game (No more positive Covid test). Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Panthers activate Joey Slye, Trent Scott from COVID-19 list, place Rasul Douglas on it Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints upcoming opponent Panthers working remotely following unconfirmed positive COVID-19 tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Titans Face Potential Fine for COVID Violations (Will Not lose Draft Picks) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
DerrickB NFL Not Expected to Severely Punish the Titans for COVID-19 Violations Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Walker: As COVID issues rise, time for NFL to come up with contingency plan to get to season's end Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Carolina Panthers, Saints' next opponent, enter NFL's intensive COVID-19 protocol Saints RSS News Feeds 0
superchuck500 Gators suspend all team activities due to Covid tests Collegiate Sports Board 14