COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

Sorry to see the American idiocy has oozed northward.
Sounds more like "human nature" to me. If the narrative has been "We've got it handled, COVID is an American problem" ... pretty sure, people will start believing it and making decisions based on that belief.

Orleans Parish doing really well.

Yep. The jump for the State is a bit concerning. We had dropped well below 1,000 per day, but it looks like it is creeping up. Could be the Labor Day bump we have been waiting for or it could just be a blip.

FWIW, there are rumors that the Mayor of New Orleans may soon allow high school football to be played in Orleans. I'm personally not a fan since I live close to Tad Gormley Stadium and that usually leads to lots of people parking in my neighborhood for games.

Sounds more like "human nature" to me. If the narrative has been "We've got it handled, COVID is an American problem" ... pretty sure, people will start believing it and making decisions based on that belief.

If they make decisions based on Covid is an American problem, implying that it can't affect Canadians the same way, then they're dumber than I thought.

Yep. The jump for the State is a bit concerning. We had dropped well below 1,000 per day, but it looks like it is creeping up. Could be the Labor Day bump we have been waiting for or it could just be a blip.

FWIW, there are rumors that the Mayor of New Orleans may soon allow high school football to be played in Orleans. I'm personally not a fan since I live close to Tad Gormley Stadium and that usually leads to lots of people parking in my neighborhood for games.
Hadn't thought of that despite having lived across from the stadium.

Sometimes I wish hospitals would give free tours of the ICU and Covid areas to people like her. And of course, she wouldn't need any PPE because nobody is sick and it's all fake.

Sometimes I wish hospitals would give free tours of the ICU and Covid areas to people like her. And of course, she wouldn't need any PPE because nobody is sick and it's all fake.
That is one of the big issues
Like with AIDS you saw (if you were unlucky enough) people wasting away in front of you in a matter of weeks if not days

but Covid is more like people get disappeared

That is one of the big issues
Like with AIDS you saw (if you were unlucky enough) people wasting away in front of you in a matter of weeks if not days

but Covid is more like people get disappeared

AIDS wasn't airborne, and it moved much more slowly, so the ill people could still come out in public and advocate.

Here, you just get sick and die alone.

No wonder everyone's in denial, I guess.

AIDS wasn't airborne, and it moved much more slowly, so the ill people could still come out in public and advocate.

Here, you just get sick and die alone.

No wonder everyone's in denial, I guess.

At a soccer tryout in June, the team manager of my sons former team was going on about not wearing masks and it was all overblown. She then jokingly said, “I need somebody to show me the bodies.” I told her I could ask if anyone took a pic of my cousin after he died in ICU with the tube down his throat, but since he died alone, probably none exists. She shut up and left.

This. I understand why they can't due to HIPPA privacy laws, but I think a lot more people would stop with all the conspiracy and fake virus talk if the news actually showed ICU units with COVID-19 patients instead of just spitting out numbers. You can't put a face to a number.

I think our return to school is indeed going to be short lived. Schools are being closed, now. They're trying to send individual cohort classes home to quarantine, and keeping the rest of the school going.

But that didn't work in Quebec and I doubt it works here.

The start of school coinciding with the end of summer, cottage-going season, Labor Day was a recipe for disaster. It was like Mardi Gras province-wide - they are trying limiting group sizes now, but it's too late.

My wife starts teaching from home, a mixed grade 5 and 6 class, on Monday.

I don't think we'll be that far behind, honestly.

We had it going reasonably well and then people mucked it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom