COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

We can’t even bounce someone if they have a fever. We simply have to let them go through the line with a statement that we need to rescan your temperature later, as in after everyone leaves so they will not be publicly identifiable and then we refer them to HR because under California law at least, we cannot send someone home. HR can encourage them to go home, but we cannot send them home.

Our temp is checked before we are allowed to clock in. If it's over 100 we are immdediately sent home for 24 hours. If it's over 100
the next day, we have to have a dr's release stating Covid is not the reason before we can come back to work.

I just got tested this morning. Man they stuck that swab ALL of the way in my nasal passage to the back of my throat. It took a full 45 minutes before my eyes stopped watering and my nasal passage stopped reacting. LOLOL. It wasn't AWFUL but I for dayum sure didn't like it. But they said the results will be back in about a week.

I just got tested this morning. Man they stuck that swab ALL of the way in my nasal passage to the back of my throat. It took a full 45 minutes before my eyes stopped watering and my nasal passage stopped reacting. LOLOL. It wasn't AWFUL but I for dayum sure didn't like it. But they said the results will be back in about a week.

I go tomorrow am. not looking forward to this. MY results 24 hrs.

Our temp is checked before we are allowed to clock in. If it's over 100 we are immdediately sent home for 24 hours. If it's over 100
the next day, we have to have a dr's release stating Covid is not the reason before we can come back to work.
We have a compound and in order to get into the compound you have to pass a temp check. Last week, there were 2 cases identified inside the compound despite those checks having been performed.

I think this is a relatable real world problem to the members here, but it's tough without straying into governmental policy, as well as employer policy, and personal mitigation compliance, so I'll limit my comments to say I expect this sort of situation to play out for a lot more people, exacerbated by the following circumstances.

Supplemental unemployment is running out soon, and I note that only to mark the end of a July as a time to keep an eye on, where both the health and economic emergencies could begin to worsen beyond current rates. Assuming a new supplemental relief package isn't passed, people will either be forced back into unsafe working environments as jobs become available, escalating spread, or remain unemployed and/or underfunded, worsening economic numbers.
My job is possible to be done 100% remote. The only reason we were forced to go in was to meet some numbers as far as reopening.

I think this is a relatable real world problem to the members here, but it's tough without straying into governmental policy, as well as employer policy, and personal mitigation compliance, so I'll limit my comments to say I expect this sort of situation to play out for a lot more people, exacerbated by the following circumstances.

Supplemental unemployment is running out soon, and I note that only to mark the end of a July as a time to keep an eye on, where both the health and economic emergencies could begin to worsen beyond current rates. Assuming a new supplemental relief package isn't passed, people will either be forced back into unsafe working environments as jobs become available, escalating spread, or remain unemployed and/or underfunded, worsening economic numbers.

This is why we had such a blow up in numbers in the valley here in California. The meat producers and packing plants employ people who can’t afford time off and pay a bonus for coming into work sick or not. This then seeded the virus all through that portion of the community. And, much as you said, unless an employer is going to give a paid leave for confirmed corona because they don’t want you there (some are) A lot of people are simply going to work because they either need the money or will get disciplined if they don’t show up.

We do not check temps at our office. But employees are supposed to check their temperature before they come in and are not allowed to come to the office if they have a fever. Actually we aren't even supposed to come in the office if we have any respiratory or sinus symptoms. Which given my allergies, I'm not sure I'm ever supposed to enter my office.

If someone tests positive for COVID, they are supposed to inform HR and the big boss. Then the big boss will send out an email saying someone tested positive and the date they were last in the office but they will not name names. We are also required to wear masks in all public areas and maintain 6 feet distancing. We no longer sanitize every time someone gets it, but given what we now know about contact spread, I don't think it's that big of a deal. We usually don't find out someone tested positive until more than 24 hours after they were last in the office.

I think it's a decent system, but if the new studies about the virus staying airborne for up to 24 minutes and spreading much further than 6 feet are correct, it's not going to stop people who are in our office from getting it. Buildings with central air are just recirculating the virus and keeping it in the air. It's becoming clear that enclosed spaces with no outside air to move the virus out are the worst places to be. I'm lucky in that I can mostly work from home. Of course, as David mentioned, with the extension and increase in unemployment benefits running out and many people working jobs that don't allow for work from home, there won't be much choice for many people really soon.

We have a compound and in order to get into the compound you have to pass a temp check. Last week, there were 2 cases identified inside the compound despite those checks having been performed.

I'm not doubting that at all. My son in law is positive and never ran a fever

My job is possible to be done 100% remote. The only reason we were forced to go in was to meet some numbers as far as reopening.

That's really short sighted by your employer. And I know that many are pressuring people to come into the office even if they can do work from home whether it be actual pressure from the top or peer pressure from those we work with. The problem is that if enough people get infected and it really spreads then you end up being shut down longer and being less productive than if you just had people who can work from home work from home.

Now that makes some sense. I guess the question would be where do you put those new numbers? On the date of the testing or when the results are determined, or something else?
It should be on collection date.

That's really short sighted by your employer. And I know that many are pressuring people to come into the office even if they can do work from home whether it be actual pressure from the top or peer pressure from those we work with. The problem is that if enough people get infected and it really spreads then you end up being shut down longer and being less productive than if you just had people who can work from home work from home.
In Ms. an employer faces up to 7 years in prison if they force a covid sufferer to work. I can't speak for other states

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom