COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (18 Viewers)

Okay, making the mental note now... Lies that lead to the death of Americans have a 6 to 7 month shelf life, as long as the person telling the lies is someone saying what you agree with today...

Noted. Thanks guys... glad we are clear on that now... I was under the impression that once someone tells a lie that costs lives (regardless of reason).... They'd be pretty hard to believe (and at least need to be meet with scrutiny) for longer than that... Whew!

And yes, people that think critically will always be weary of a Liar... no matter when, or for what reason, the lie was told.

Last edited:
Okay, making the mental note now... Lies that lead to the death of Americans have a 6 to 7 month shelf life, as long as the person telling the lies is someone saying what you agree with today...

Noted. Thanks guys... glad we are clear on that now... I was under the impression that once someone tells a lie that costs lives (regardless of reason).... They'd be pretty hard to believe for longer than that... Whew!

And yes, people that think critically will always be weary of a Liar... no matter when, or for what reason, the lie was told.

Yea I was onboard for what I thought your initial argument was. I agree that intellectually lazy people latch on to things they agree with and because the water was cloudy early on, the lingering effects of that are still haunting us today. Also, given the fact that some "people" in charge have continued to promote the bad facts has given credence to people who believed them in the first place. Couple all that with the fact that people are hurting financially while possibly not seeing any first hand tragedy, and yes it's easy to see how they have drawn the hard lines they have and refuse to believe better science as it comes forth. All that I agree with. I don't blame those people as much as I blame the people who supported and continued to support the bad messages.

However, it seems you are putting all this on Fauci explicitly and I think that is a bad conclusion. The whole top government leadership is to blame. I think at least Fauci tried to explain why they didn't want people buying up all the masks, but his message was cut short and then echoed by people for their own agendas. You even did it yourself in this thread, which is sort of disappointing and counteracts what I think was a good point you were making.

Yea I was onboard for what I thought your initial argument was. I agree that intellectually lazy people latch on to things they agree with and because the water was cloudy early on, the lingering effects of that are still haunting us today. Also, given the fact that some "people" in charge have continued to promote the bad facts has given credence to people who believed them in the first place. Couple all that with the fact that people are hurting financially while possibly not seeing any first hand tragedy, and yes it's easy to see how they have drawn the hard lines they have and refuse to believe better science as it comes forth. All that I agree with. I don't blame those people as much as I blame the people who supported and continued to support the bad messages.

However, it seems you are putting all this on Fauci explicitly and I think that is a bad conclusion. The whole top government leadership is to blame. I think at least Fauci tried to explain why they didn't want people buying up all the masks, but his message was cut short and then echoed by people for their own agendas. You even did it yourself in this thread, which is sort of disappointing and counteracts what I think was a good point you were making.

Definitely. This is what I would have liked to say. I just feel the mistrust is misdirected and the scapegoating is shortsighted. I've just grown tired of seeing people completely dismissing the context surrounding the decision making and who has to say what and when. It's never, ever as simple as an edited soundbite.

I am not putting this all on Faucci by any means... Sarcasm and cynicism is not well conveyed in MB post form... You get my point fine - That is what I am trying to convey.

We agree for the most part... top down government handling of this situation is to blame... People need to understand others' points of view and not dismiss them because it doesn't jive with their provided "data du jour".

I was being super sarcastic about the obvious hypocrisy and blatant dismissal that occurs almost solely based on "their own agendas" when it comes to this subject. (from both sides) In this case - if your are going to blame purposed lies from the government (All of them - top to bottom) for Americans deaths - I am on board with that - They all deserve blame and to be held accountable, and to be questioned on anything they say going forward... but you better put Faucci, USSG, CDC, WHO, etc in that conversation too... or IMO you lose credibility.

It makes me shake my head when I listen to / read how pompous and self righteous people tend to be with each other when anyone has a different point of view, or derives that point of view from an opposite and equally legitimate source of information.

If I have an agenda at all... It's to get people to realize this, and to stop putting everyone that doesn't follow their fife in the "box of idiots" and dismissing them.

I fell like I am taking crazy pills when I read some of the stuff here....

Last edited:
I am not putting this all on Faucci by any means... Sarcasm and cynicism is not well conveyed in MB post form... You get my point fine - That is what I am trying to convey.

We agree for the most part... top down government handling of this situation is to blame... People need to understand others' points of view and not dismiss them because it doesn't jive with their provided "data du jour".

I was being super sarcastic about the obvious hypocrisy and blatant dismissal that occurs almost solely based on "their own agendas" when it comes to this subject. (from both sides)

And how pompous and self righteous people tend to be when anyone has a different point of view, or derives that point of view from an opposite and equally legitimate source of information.

If I have an agenda at all... It's to get people to realize this, and to stop putting everyone that doesn't follow their fife in the "box of idiots" and dismissing them.

I fell like I am taking crazy pills when I read some of the stuff here....

Crazy pills? Oh come on. I'm more than willing to listen to other points of view. But you keep saying you're trying to get people to realize what? You've repeated this numerous times throughout the thread. It's old. You calling people you don't agree with self righteous and pompous is rich.

I don't know what hypocrisy you're referring to.

And...the both sides thing...ugh.

And to be clear. It may of may not be your intent, but your posts over the last 3-4 pages have been nearly always pointed at Fauci. It certainly feels like you had some sort of beef with him.

And...the both sides thing...ugh.

This right here... This is what I am talking about. Too many - "my way or wrong way attitudes".... It makes for the no real meaningful discussion. I have provided (over the course of this thread) video, links, articles, and other data that doesn't always fit the overwhelming narrative here... I have done so to provoke meaningful discussion. Those discussions sometimes require people to step out of their comfort zone and consider other points of view... which is extremely rare for people to do these days. And completely impossible if it's dismissed prior to consideration.

Someone asked earlier why people on the SSF that have differing opinions, and POVs don't post here, and can they be serious...? They probably are, and they don't post here because of the pompous and self righteous gang mentality that occurs here. And you can't blame them.

You have already dismissed that there can be anything but you POV on this... there is no "both sides thing"... right?

Last edited:
This right here... This is what I am talking about. Too many - "my way or wrong way attitudes".... It makes for the no real meaningful discussion. I have provided (over the course of this thread) video, links, articles, and other data that doesn't always fit the overwhelming narrative here... I have done so to provoke meaningful discussion. Those discussions sometimes require people to step out of their comfort zone and consider other points of view... which is extremely rare for people to do these days. And completely impossible if it's dismissed prior to consideration.

You have already dismissed that there can be anything but you POV on this... there is no other side... right?

I didn't say that. But since you insist on speaking for everyone in this thread...I'm out.

Guys, can we please move on? We have a few pages of this discussion. It's not going anywhere and nobody is going to change anyone's mind. At this point, we are just derailing the thread and drifting into debating the poster instead of the post. We know where everyone stands on this, lets get back to COVID itself.

I took the time to address that last video, I pointed out, explicitly and in detail, parts of the video you omitted to consider, and the fact that part of the video had been cut off.

You didn't "step out of your comfort zone" to take that into account. You ignored it. That's not 'meaningful discussion'. That's this attitude:

You have already dismissed that there can be anything but you POV on this...
Also, you said you were dropping this discussion hours ago. Personally, I'd prefer it if you practiced what you preached, "stepped out of your comfort zone", and noticed that your own videos and tweets contradict the narrative you're putting forward, but one or the other would be good.

EDIT: Apologies @Saint by the Bay, I wrote this while you were posting that. I'm done.

True, but sometimes in writing or arranging the narrative of various historical events, there are many cases of ancient Greek and Roman historians whose accounts of military, cultural attitudes, societal and political structures of native, indigenous peoples, religious cosmology, beliefs, various rituals of areas the Greeks an entire later, the Roman's, would conquer and administrate/consolidate. Plutarch, Tacitus Germania, Annals, Suetonius, and Cassius Dio accounts and descriptions have been largely and mostly substantiated by modern historians, archeologists and physical anthropologists. Ancient Roman historians wrote extensively of Druidic practices of grisly human sacrifices in Gaul and Britain, even how the bizarre rituals were performed in bogs, sacred groves in forests, or alongside river banks were later discovered to be entirely true.

My point is this: Juat because history might be largely written by the victors, that doesn't necessarily always mean their historians' accounts, views, or descriptions of their enemies practices, political and military leaders decisions, how they think and what they believe in are highly exagerrated, borderline propaganda. God forbid, some of their descriptions are very accurate and detailed and have been verified by modern-day historians and archeologists. Roman historians accused the Carthaginians practiced barbaric rituals of human sacrifices even in relatively peaceful, non-turbluent periods. Same thing for their Near East ethnic ancestors, the Phoenicians. Turns out those claims were mostly accurate and in some respects, they found more forensic evidence that authenticated Romans accounts even more valid.
Well, actually I was just joking and taking a twist on the language thing. The US won the Revolutionary War and then bastageized the "English" language :ezbill:

If anyone knows the point please PM to me. I’m losing sleep over this.

Think of the discussion like a 1964 Buick Skylark in the mud. You should know that the 1964 Buick Skylark has a limited slip differential where the engine distributes power to the left and the right tires equally. And as anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama will tell you, when you press on the gas, 1 tire spins, and the other tire does nothing. If it helps to visualize, the Buick Skylark would be in metallic mint-green paint.

Think of the discussion like a 1964 Buick Skylark in the mud. You should know that the 1964 Buick Skylark has a limited slip differential where the engine distributes power to the left and the right tires equally. And as anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama will tell you, when you press on the gas, 1 tire spins, and the other tire does nothing. If it helps to visualize, the Buick Skylark would be in metallic mint-green paint.

The Skylark is the most beautiful ugly car ever. :yes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom