COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

This is going to be bad.

I thought south Florida would mostly ignore this, but it sounds like we have reopened a lot. I just need to see how far the restrictions rolled Back here.

Hurting for tax dollars?

Look, I get that businesses are hurting, but this is so short sighted...

This is going to be bad.

I thought south Florida would mostly ignore this, but it sounds like we have reopened a lot. I just need to see how far the restrictions rolled Back here.

Hurting for tax dollars?

Look, I get that businesses are hurting, but this is so short sighted...

Was this decision based on meeting some predetermined percent positive metrics or was it just because he felt like it?

I'm not sure. It caught me off guard. I need to read up on it.

Effective immediately, the state moved into Phase 3 of its COVID-19 response. All businesses can open, and local authorities can’t stop them. DeSantis also effectively shredded mask mandates by eliminating the fines some cities imposed for face-covering violations.

He said he wants NFL stadiums to move toward filling their seats, and he wants a full house for the Super Bowl next February in Tampa.

DeSantis also green-lighted live music concerts in stadiums, noting, “There’s certainly no legal prohibition from them doing fans.”

And there is a new wave of infections.

Florida Atlantic University’s football team’s game Saturday against the University of South Florida was postponed because of the virus. All four of FAU’s games this season have been canceled or postponed.

Newsome High School’s football team in Hillsborough County had its last two games canceled because of COVID-19. Several other Florida prep teams tell similar stories.

Earlier this week, the state’s positive test rate broke 5%, a key benchmark, for the first time since Sept. 10.

The New York Times reported a 14-day spike in new cases of 17%. That’s the first increase after two months of falling rates.

The above is taken from here - https://florida politics.com/archives/369965-joe-henderson-gov-ron-desantis-bets-his-political-future-against-covid-19. (added space to break the hyperlink). It's a political editorial (and likely biased), but I pulled the facts for discussion purposes.

Seems like it came from a round table on what is or isn't effective. He will claim it is science based... I'm not sure. I'm most worried about full capacity restaurants and how bars are going to operate.

I'm also concerned that he set a mandatory floor on capacity that local governments cannot restrict any further. He also didnt include any of the mayors in on this.

I do wonder how much contact tracing was involved. Looking at big items like restaurant closer vs non closure between Dade and broward may be a bit causation isn't correlation.

Many restaurants in broward are limited capacity or weren't open for dine in.

Also, with most bars closed, those in the industry weren't mingling as much.

Now, if places have increased open air, or air purifying, then I'd be more comfortable. I may have to get pickier about where I get food from now.

Looks like the round table was filled with people who would tell the governor what he wanted to hear. Not even sure ifnhis own dept of health was invited..

There may be some fair points though. But this doesnt feel like a real vetting of what to do. It is good PR..

That's the first thing I notice. When T-Bob Hebert calls you an idiot, you have issues.

But, to be fair, I find T-Bob to be surprisingly smart at times. Certainly much smarter than his dad.
He’s gets that from Theresa.

The UK is considering, possible actually planning, doing a Human Challenge Trail for potential Covid Vaccines, starting in January. A challenge trial is where you take a person who is healthy and has not been exposed to the virus, you give them a vaccine candidate and then you intentionally infect them with the virus to see if they get sick. It has been done before in rare cases and is fairly controversial. Given the worldwide impact of this virus, I am actually surprised this has not been done yet. (I would not be at all surprised if a challenge trail has already taken place in some countries, without the knowledge of the "participants" in the trial.)

Current Phase 3 trials essentially have to "wait" for people (control/placebo group) to get infected with the virus to find out if their vaccines works, meaning that a smaller percentage of people who got the vaccine actually got infected with (sick from) the virus.

The UK is considering, possible actually planning, doing a Human Challenge Trail for potential Covid Vaccines, starting in January. A challenge trial is where you take a person who is healthy and has not been exposed to the virus, you give them a vaccine candidate and then you intentionally infect them with the virus to see if they get sick. It has been done before in rare cases and is fairly controversial. Given the worldwide impact of this virus, I am actually surprised this has not been done yet. (I would not be at all surprised if a challenge trail has already taken place in some countries, without the knowledge of the "participants" in the trial.)

Current Phase 3 trials essentially have to "wait" for people (control/placebo group) to get infected with the virus to find out if their vaccines works, meaning that a smaller percentage of people who got the vaccine actually got infected with (sick from) the virus.

Ethical issues aside, seems like there should be plenty of people willing to volunteer for that.

Been taking the 4000 IU vitamin D since back in March. Also good to supplement with magnesium as well.

Me too. I am in the high risk group. My supplement also has zinc along with the Mg and Vitamin D.
That's the first thing I notice. When T-Bob Hebert calls you an idiot, you have issues.

But, to be fair, I find T-Bob to be surprisingly smart at times. Certainly much smarter than his dad.
Definitely has taken after his mother cuz his dad's a moron. "Yes, but no."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom