COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (12 Viewers)

Just out of curiosity, if yall haven't been anywhere the last few days that she should have been exposed to anything, how would she have gotten the Flu? don't you catch both pretty much the same way? If yall were around anyone who could have given you the flu, they could have given Covid.
Hopefully it is the Flu, Covid is not fun, especially more than once. Hopefully the vaccine she does have will be enough to fight it if she does have it,
I am glad you are taking precautions with keeping her from school. Too many people are still sending thier kids to school with symptoms.
We are absolutely confounded on this one. No idea of what it could be. Only other thing could be a quick stomach bug she picked up at school the same day? Last night after I posted this, she woke up about 1/2 an hour after going to sleep and threw up everywhere. One of those fun parenting adventures to deal with at night. Called my Mom and she had an at home rapid test that I went pick up. Test was negative for Covid. Daughter slept rest of the night okay. This morning her fever has broken and she “feels much better” but is still achy - when we hug we usually scratch each other’s back but this morning she said that hurt. So she’s not symptom free, but much improved. Guess we will see where symptoms take us now.

We are fortunate that my wife is able to stay home with the kids and only grabs shifts when convenient. I totally get why some parents feel like they have to send kids to school sick. But it’s not a nice thing to do to other families and teachers.

Last edited:
Indeed, he is not afraid to take his personal stance. He upsets both sides which is good. He's a doctor who comes from science and will tell you like it is without worrying about pleasing one side or the other.
Some are able to read and interpret scientific research articles. Very few are able to weight a number of articles and make an educated opinion on how they should influence clinical practice. Even fewer are able to do that while being moderate and relatively unbiased.

I much rather the way he handled covid in Florida rather than the extreme lockdown measures in other parts of the country. Places that on going lockdowns still had massive spread.

I’ll be sure to tell both my wife’s dead cousins who likely voted for that moron and thought it was a good idea to attend church without a mask…shockingly their whole congregation lost some additional folks to Covid….what an asinine statement…

I went to a party on NYE knowing I would get it (was fairly sure at least one person there had it)... mission accomplished. Just getting over 4 days of sore throat, chest congestion, sneezing / runny nose, and head fog/aches. I was done hiding from this. If I was going to get it, now was the time (while a mild version was spreading). I have stayed in the house all week. Today is my release date.

Vaxed or Not (you can get it and spread it either way).... and everyone is eventually going to get it (I don't think it's even a question anymore). It's not going away... and is likely going to be with us in some form from now until the end of time (just like the flu, common cold, etc.)... I have done everything I am supposed to do, and I am officially done worrying about this.

Last edited:
I went to a party on NYE knowing I would get it (was fairly sure at least one person there had it)... mission accomplished. Just getting over 4 days of sore throat, chest congestion, sneezing, and head fog/aches. I was done hiding from this. If I was going to get it, now was the time (while a mild version was spreading). I have stayed in the house all week. Today is my release date.

Vaxed or Not (you can get it and spread it either way).... and everyone is eventually going to get it (I don't think it's even a question anymore). It's not going away... and is likely going to be with us in some form from now until the end of time (just like the flu, common cold, etc.)... I have done everything I am supposed to do, and I am officially done worrying about this.

the sore throat lasted 4 days ????

Give or take a day, yes... but that's probably a bit of my fault too... I tried to "partake" when the headache kicked in... That was a big mistake. While it got rid of the headache, it made everything else way worse. Live and learn.

I had similar experience. Covid for me was like having strep throat for 2-3 days. Throwing booze on it helped in the moment but was not smart overall.

Give or take a day, yes... but that's probably a bit of my fault too... I tried to "partake" when the headache kicked in... That was a big mistake. While it got rid of the headache, it made everything else way worse. Live and learn.

yeah see i had something in Nov when i travelled to Denver. Sore throat for 4 days. Usually when i get sinus/allergy issues, first thing i get is sore throat for a day/day and a half, then full blown congestion ( sore throat goes away ).

That time the dang sore throat lasted 4 consecutive days- that has never happened to me before. I thought it may have been strep but idk since ive never had strep since as a child ( and i cant remember that lol )

I went to a party on NYE knowing I would get it (was fairly sure at least one person there had it)... mission accomplished. Just getting over 4 days of sore throat, chest congestion, sneezing, and head fog/aches. I was done hiding from this. If I was going to get it, now was the time (while a mild version was spreading). I have stayed in the house all week. Today is my release date.

The Delta strain hasn't gone away though. If one is not vaccinated and depending on natural immunity it may be the
last decision they ever make.. I know Omicron is dominant now,but there is no guarantee that's the strain you will
catch if you do.

What was once an ill-advised practice is now becoming a common request across US hospitals: Healthcare workers are being asked to treat patients while sick with COVID-19.

In a TikTok video now viewed more than 7.2 million times, April Lynn, an ICU nurse, claimed her hospital cleared her to return to work five days after testing positive for COVID-19, despite still having a cough and severe fatigue. (Lynn did not respond to Insider's request for comment.)

Four other nurses told Insider that, in the last week or so, they've been instructed to come into work with symptomatic COVID-19, or risk losing pay or receiving a formal warning. The nurses said hospital administrators are pointing to new federal emergency guidance that allows healthcare workers to shorten isolation periods as a way to mitigate widespread staffing shortages.

"After almost two years of having to deal with this and having such a high stress job, this is kind of like a kick in the face," labor and delivery nurse Rachel Pokriva, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, told Insider. Pokriva is due to return to work on Thursday at St. Joseph East in Lexington, Kentucky, despite still suffering intense nausea and fatigue.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's emergency guidance, released on December 23, healthcare workers can return to work five to seven days after testing positive for COVID-19. Isolation time can also be cut shorter than seven days with a negative test "if there are staffing shortages," the CDC stated.

Many US hospitals reported severe staffing shortages in December as COVID-19 cases began to rise. A combination of burnout from unsupportive work environments and trauma from treating COVID-19 patients is fueling the exodus, nurses told Insider.

Just this week, a memo from Rhode Island's Department of Health said nursing home staff could still go to work after testing positive for COVID-19 in the event of a staffing crisis.

"It just stinks of staffing shortage more than scientific proof that we're not spreading COVID after five days," Pokriva said...........

I certainly think that sentiment is correct at this point. But I thought the guidance was to isolate until 5 days after the end of symptoms.

Did your symptoms progress or stay pretty constant? I’m just curious because mine started last night and while I definitely feel mild, vague symptoms it’s really light. I’m wondering if I should expect them to get a little worse before betting better.

The Delta strain hasn't gone away though. If one is not vaccinated and depending on natural immunity it may be the
last decision they ever make.. I know Omicron is dominant now,but there is no guarantee that's the strain you will
catch if you do.
I think people are well informed enough to make their own decision by this point. If he’s vaccinated…living life seems relatively reasonable. Everyone’s comfort level is different. I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable partying in NYC, but I’ve been to a few work and families parties (knowing that I could stumble across COVID though >50% would be vaccinated). Some may consider that irresponsible, but I know the consequences and risk levels and what will be will be.

I certainly think that sentiment is correct at this point. But I thought the guidance was to isolate until 5 days after the end of symptoms.

Did your symptoms progress or stay pretty constant? I’m just curious because mine started last night and while I definitely feel mild, vague symptoms it’s really light. I’m wondering if I should expect them to get a little worse before betting better.

Symptoms ended yesterday... but it was a gradual thing. Sore throat lasted the longest. Head fog/aches for the first day or 2. Chest congestion was about the same. Sneezing and runny nose off an on. It sort of hit all at once for me, then backed off 1 symptom at a time. I ran 3 miles last night in the night air, and blew the rest out manually. LOL Was pretty tough, but doable since I run a lot

I can't find a test right now, and I don't have time to go wait in some un-godly line. I have ordered some home tests, they should be in early next week. I will more than likely be negative by then. And I have managed not to give it to my wife - even being home together and in close proximity - so I think I can manage a normal weekend without passing it to anyone else.

I know this may seem unempathetic or whatever, but at this stage in the game... If you haven't gotten the shot, or are not taking personal precautions for not getting it... That's your choice, and I'm done not getting my arse back to business as usual. Based on what's happening now, and what I have done and been through... I am now treating this like the common cold or seasonal flu from here on out and until the end of time.

Last edited:
I think people are well informed enough to make their own decision by this point. If he’s vaccinated…living life seems relatively reasonable. Everyone’s comfort level is different. I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable partying in NYC, but I’ve been to a few work and families parties (knowing that I could stumble across COVID though >50% would be vaccinated). Some may consider that irresponsible, but I know the consequences and risk levels and what will be will be.
I'm actually doing the same. Since the vaccinations became available I've been living my life pretty much like I was
pre-covid. I was never one to attend events indoors with large crowds anyway.

I had sore throat starting on 12/27 with runny nose and cough. On 12/31 I added muscle aches (mostly relieved with DayQuil) that lasted through 1/2. Tested 12/29, results came back 1/2 as negative. (Stayed home from 12/29-1/2) 1/3 I felt better, no sore throat, but needed DayQuil to work. 1/3, stepson's result finally came in, but positive. Out of an abundance of caution, since I was still sneezing, coughing, and with runny nose, wife and I tested again on 1/4, which came back positive on 1/5. Today, no sore throat, but still nasally, sneezing, and coughing - but I don't feel the need to take DayQuil anymore. I'm not convinced that I didn't have flu first and then 'rona, but I never tested for flu.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom