COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

I had that very same thought initially, but I ultimately came to the conclusion that this argument only works if you can back-up the spike in P&I deaths also. I mean, through only half the year, that number has more than doubled versus the average per full year.

EDIT: A quick google search says Connecticut's median age is 40.6, Florida is at 42.2.
Yes, but the median has shifted strongly in FL, and we're currently at 39 per the state... hard to find the right time to look at the values. I'm trying to find old posts where I pasted in FL demographic image.. I posted over 700 times in the closed thread...lol.

This is Broward in early April

1594140358826.png

This was Palm Beach in early April...

1594140416279.png

Palm Beach in late april

1594140630225.png

Mid May...median age 55

1594140954534.png

This is Palm Beach now... The median age swung from being over 65 to 41, but almost all of the new cases are 15-34. The median keeps swinging to the left.

1594140440688.png

We've been told that we are expected to teach every day, with fewer students and spacing - so all spaces getting changed up - squash courts, gyms, drama theater rooms, amphitheater, etc. But I really don't think that's going to last very long - the assumption is that we will be in a shut down perhaps even before September ends. It'll only take a couple of weeks.

I'm paranoid already

so, I'll be teaching from inside a Bacta tank.
Maybe not from inside a Bacta tank, but from behind a plexi-glass shield...

This was Broward just under a month ago (Mid June). Median age 51, state median 47.

1594141408282.png
This is Broward Today...The county median age dropped by 11 years in less than a month, and the state median dropped by 8 years.

1594141444334.png

Again, just making the point that the death numbers may stay low, because the age demographics are changing rapidly.

Trying to figure out next steps. Dr won't do an office visit since well exposure and that's totally understandable. Insurance won't cover video visit unless diagnosis is covid. Can't diagnose covid over a video. Waiting on nurse to call back and see how they'd code the visit and if I'd need to cover the negotiated amount for the visit on top of the copay.

#catch22

Not sure where you are, but I know in the New Orleans area you can do free testing in various places that the city lists daily and you can get tested at Urgent Cares and some drug stores. I know some Walgreens are testing. The urgent cares and drug stores charge, but I think it's around $50.

I was like you 1-2 weeks ago. I was frustrated and angry with people not taking it seriously enough, being selfish for no reason other than to be obtuse. I was fatigued from worrying about how the virus was spreading and spending too much energy worrying about others not caring like I did. But then I got to a point where I just quit caring. I can only take care of me and my family and make sure we do what we think is the right thing. I can’t control selfish people. I’ve been a lot better mentally and emotionally since then. Some people are just selfish and stupid pricks.
Absolutely true! 👍

Have you seen the vid of the elderly lady at Costco, who had a temper tantrum, like a 3 yr old & sat down on the floor in defiance, because she refused to wear a mask?

Or the lady at Target who destroyed a display of masks for sale, & threw them all on the floor?

There will always be drama queens, who lack common sense.

Best you can do is take care of yourself & your family. There is no way to control other people & it is a waste of energy to even try.

Not sure where you are, but I know in the New Orleans area you can do free testing in various places that the city lists daily and you can get tested at Urgent Cares and some drug stores. I know some Walgreens are testing. The urgent cares and drug stores charge, but I think it's around $50.
I did an online assessment and based on my situation, it says don't even get tested. Really, that's why I wanted the Dr appt was to see if I should get tested or not.

That is cheap!!! I have been reading about some horrendous prices being charged for testing.

Also have read that the lines for free testing go on forever, & then they have to close down, because they run out of supplies.

This was Broward just under a month ago (Mid June). Median age 51, state median 47.

1594141408282.png
This is Broward Today...The county median age dropped by 11 years in less than a month, and the state median dropped by 8 years.

1594141444334.png

Again, just making the point that the death numbers may stay low, because the age demographics are changing rapidly.

Understood, and I appreciate the insight, but again, this only makes sense if the P&I deaths were not on pace to quadruple this year in Florida.

As indicated, either we have a reporting manipulation situation happening (which is kind of backed up by the fired LSU graduate), or we are seeing one of if not the single deadliest Pneumonia outbreak ever recorded in that state.

This is the proper way to handle IMO; it's just a matter of what countries/states/provinces have the courage to take it this far.

Getting ahead of it and playing offense is key, rather than doing what most places do - be reactionary and play defense. It's a tough sell on citizens I'm sure, but thus far, virtually every place that chose to wait and play defense, has paid for it dearly.

I agree in general, but I think doing it with just 191 cases in one large city might be a bit much. But, I'm not sure how fast those cases popped up. It was over just a few days than a shutdown is probably right. But, that would mean that New Orleans which gets around 40 positives a day would be totally shutdown at this point which does seem a little extreme to me. Then again, it would stop the virus cold.

And in the interest of full disclosure. What I do can be done from home and my work hasn't suffered a whole lot with the shutdowns. We are slow and probably not making much profit, but I don't think we are in danger of going out of business. And, I'm socially distant, at best, in normal times so this hasn't changed my life much except that I get to spend more time with my wife and daughter which I like very much. But, I try to recall that everyone isn't as lucky as me regarding their jobs and that others require social contact to be mentally fit.

That is cheap!!! I have been reading about some horrendous prices being charged for testing.

Also have read that the lines for free testing go on forever, & then they have to close down, because they run out of supplies.

The free testing in NOLA has been running out of tests before noon, but I don't think the urgent cares or drug stores have. I know that the Ochsner main campus is also doing testing, but I don't have any idea of the cost.

I did an online assessment and based on my situation, it says don't even get tested. Really, that's why I wanted the Dr appt was to see if I should get tested or not.
Where abouts do you live? You can do Walgreens or CVS test sites.. use their online tool, and they'll schedule you based on severity. I think it's free. AT least it was in Florida.

This seems like really bad news. I mean, it basically means you aren't safe if you are inside a public place unless you are constantly wearing N95 and a face shield or better.

This is concerning on the surface, however I would counter by saying that the conditions of the experiment cannot practically be applied to real life (usage of a churning aerosol chamber).

I mean, this is good info, but it would take a lot for an aerosol specimen to stay in suspended air for 5 minutes, much less 16 hours.

Now what is possible though is for an aerosol to reach a surface and then become an aerosol again a short time later, such as with an air conditioning duct.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom