COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cracks in the wall of misinformation coming from Russia. Almost gotta wonder how their relationship with China will be after this

For example, the city of St. Petersburg experienced a sharp jump of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) virus cases. During just one week in March, 63,000 SARS cases and 406 cases of pneumonia have been recorded, according to Interfax.

When this is all over, world relations are going to be interesting. China is not even apologizing and even worse doing the opposite. I am seeing that military recruiters are getting in touch with people that didn’t meet standards before all of this.

Right now the death rate here is very good...almost identical to South Korea. Really drives home the difference between being under or over the maximum capacity of the health care system
We can pray that it stays low now that our manufacturing is finally cranking up

When this is all over, world relations are going to be interesting. China is not even apologizing and even worse doing the opposite. I am seeing that military recruiters are getting in touch with people that didn’t meet standards before all of this.

Yeah nobody is buying the bullshirt narrative they are pushing

Why would China need to apologize?

Who is projecting 15%?

There are 6,200 in hospital with Coronavirus, 163 of those in critical care. That’s 2.63%, not even close to 15%.

My maths was off, I was assuming that we were only testing those hospitalised, that doesn’t seem to quite be the case.
Not sure where those numbers are from?

I'm being fairly conservative with projected rates of 10% hospitalised and 15% requiring critical care. The 16th March Imperial College impact study assumed a rate as high as 30% of those hospitalised - "We assume that 30% of those that are hospitalised will require critical care (invasive mechanical ventilation or ECMO) based on early reports from COVID-19 cases in the UK, China and Italy".

More recently, if we're talking current data, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control most recent rapid risk assessment states that "In EU/EEA countries with available data, 30% of diagnosed COVID-19 cases were hospitalised and 4% had severe illness," and "Among hospitalised cases, severe illness was reported in 15% of cases, and death occurred in 12% of these cases, with higher case–fatality rates in older adults."

Hence, 15% seems a reasonable, conservative, estimate at this point in time.

This may have already been posted, but it touches on New Orleans (given the deceased likely contracted COVID19 while in the city), but a timely reminder to listen to medical advice and formal warnings rather than “spiritual” advice.

This may have already been posted, but it touches on New Orleans (given the deceased likely contracted COVID19 while in the city), but a timely reminder to listen to medical advice and formal warnings rather than “spiritual” advice.
This stuff really saddens me. What good can come out of writing that article that way? A pastor died and his wife is infected....does the author of that not think they've suffered enough? Let's make sure we point out the pastor's political views so everyone can laugh at him one more time even though he's now dead and his heartbroken wife might be next. I'm just so disappointed in people. I've always felt that people at their core were decent people. I guess I'm just having problems accepting that I've been wrong all this time. People in general aren't decent.

This stuff really saddens me. What good can come out of writing that article that way? A pastor died and his wife is infected....does the author of that not think they've suffered enough? Let's make sure we point out the pastor's political views so everyone can laugh at him one more time even though he's now dead and his heartbroken wife might be next. I'm just so disappointed in people. I've always felt that people at their core were decent people. I guess I'm just having problems accepting that I've been wrong all this time. People in general aren't decent.

Because this is clearly an issue that can only be managed by collective societal discipline, and this individual was in a position of authority and responsibility as a pastor, and he went ahead and contrary to science and expert advice said the whole situation was overblown and politicised.

This likely resonated with the followers of his church, who may well have decided not to take appropriate precautions in line with public health advice.

Yes, it is a tragedy that he died. But his advice was irresponsible and had the potential to be fatal to others (including possibly his wife).

I have no issue with people who choose to spend their time privately worshipping an invisible sky man, but when the preaching is at odds with the best interests of the broader community it needs to be highlighted. Non-compliance is going to kill.

Because this is clearly an issue that can only be managed by collective societal discipline, and this individual was in a position of authority and responsibility as a pastor, and he went ahead and contrary to science and expert advice said the whole situation was overblown and politicised.

This likely resonated with the followers of his church, who may well have decided not to take appropriate precautions in line with public health advice.

Yes, it is a tragedy that he died. But his advice was irresponsible and had the potential to be fatal to others (including possibly his wife).

I have no issue with people who choose to spend their time privately worshipping an invisible sky man, but when the preaching is at odds with the best interests of the broader community it needs to be highlighted. Non-compliance is going to kill.
Nevermind....not worth it

There is a way...I won't post it but there is. I jumped him so much he left and went home haha. My wife had a moment tonight and broke down crying in front of the kids at dinner because she's scared to go to work. Mostly just stress getting to her and she doesn't feel safe at work or moreso that the hospital isn't putting her safety first and my health and our kids health is on her shoulders. It's alot for a person. I told her she's allowed to cry and we appreciate the load she's carrying. She'll be fine...like I say...it was a moment for her and she's allowed that. Just bad timing for picture time from my buddy. He's a good friend I've known for 30 years and I love him but he's gotta take this for the tragedy it is.
Please keep us updated on how your wife is making out. The emotional toll of this pandemic on those in the front lines is just as worrisome as the physical toll. Peace to your wife, and deepest thanks from all of us.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. Glad to hear that this kind of behavior is being taken seriously.

Why give them bailout money?

Isn't this the market showing us that there are too many airlines? They were obviously struggling before or they wouldn't be in such trouble now.

Why give them bailout money?

Isn't this the market showing us that there are too many airlines? They were obviously struggling before or they wouldn't be in such trouble now.

This is why I’m honestly sick of the politics. Massive chunk for airlines who last year bought back 3.9 billion in stock. Now crying poor and laying off people after specificallyhaving gotten cashnot to do that. Same with the cruise industry. Register their ships all over the world to dodge paying US taxes and following US regulations, but sure they can have money too.

Now, expanding unemployment had to fit into a very narrow window leaving companies of under 50 exempt. Also, not extending the 1200 dollar payments to illegalswho have actually gotten their tax ID numbers and pay taxes on income is a crime to me also as these are the most sensitive people who can make a huge difference in lives. I’d rather spend a few million on them, the people who pick our food, move our pallets and such to make this economy work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom