COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it acceptable to wipe down your Lysol can with a Lysol wipe after decontaminating your mail? Asking for a friend.
Only if you replace your nitrile glove while wearing another set of nitrile gloves.

And don't forget to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.

Getting real in Denver (I have no idea if they serve hard liquor in the grocery stores)

All they have to do is go just outside city limits. Denver isn't exactly huge.

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung the frog despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

Pretty much sums up American politics today.

And just so we're clear, the scorpion is BOTH of the two political parties. The American people are the frog.

UK finally goes full lock down..

Meanwhile, we're halfway thru our fortnight experiment...it's going to be interesting to see what happens when this 15 day plan ends...I'm sure they'll start greasing the skids all this week if they intend to do something to ease mitigation when the bell rings...Like Saintaholic said that it'll be up to the states, but I'm guessing Federal aid is a pretty big stick to swing at them...IDK

i left my house today to pick up prescriptions (the class scheduled, non deliverable ones) and there were a lot of people driving around on 190 (florida blvd) in baton rouge. this was 14:30 ish.

Because, Florida...

He's trying to get Trump to stop domestic air travel, because a lot of New Yorkers are flying to Florida to avoid the lock down of the city. It's sorta Bullshirt. Shelter in place doesn't mean travel to somewhere that isn't as restrictive to avoid it.

Folks...an update to what is being seen now from a frontline medical professional.

This person works in a very large hospital out of state. They are seeing a number of children testing positive now. Many of the children are showing up with severe stomach cramps/pain and diarrhea. It was baffling to the medical folks. They spoke with the CDC on what they were finding. Through working with the CDC and the sources in Italy and China, the thought is, it is coming from contaminated food from drive thru and or takeout service (fast food or other), AFTER the food has been cooked! Italians are notorious for eating out at local cafe’s etc., compared to the Chinese where they generally do not, just because of their eating habits and national culture. There is a common connection to Italy with the U.S., because there were great numbers of children in Italy experiencing the same symptoms that starting to show up here. Whereas in China, these symptoms were very rare and are nowhere near the level of what was seen in Italy. The common connection is that in the U.S. we eat out a lot and get food from fast food drive thru’s which is similar in nature to the Italians loving to eat out at their cafe’s. So be careful folks. Just passing on some info. I was provided. Be careful in getting your drive thru food or take out food! Food you buy at the grocery is cooked and prepared yourself and has a much less chance of being contaminated by YOU!

A few things I would like to add. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be a concern, depending on how long they have been out on the shelves and were last handled by a grocery stock person. I would stick with frozen fruits and vegetables for the time being. Boxed food is sitting out in the open air as well, so I would handle the boxes with care when opening the boxes and then preparing the food without washing your hands. Same holds true for canned goods. Frozen food for now, seems to be the best choice as I do not think the virus will survive for long in a frozen atmosphere. JMO though.

UK finally goes full lock down..

Meanwhile, we're halfway thru our fortnight experiment...it's going to be interesting to see what happens when this 15 day plan ends...I'm sure they'll start greasing the skids all this week if they intend to do something to ease mitigation when the bell rings...Like Saintaholic said that it'll be up to the states, but I'm guessing Federal aid is a pretty big stick to swing at them...IDK

Why the hell does a financial analyst with an NYU history degree who dropped out of his masters in economics program to go on to a notorious Wall Street cocaine problem get to influence public-health policy during a pandemic??

I guess people see our political overlords doing it and they are imitating them.

E0AcWy.gif

Rivals the ‘this is your brain on drugs’ with the egg as the most famous PSA of all time

Seems like some of this stuff goes against other info that I've read previously. I've seen people say that it doesn't do well on cardboard packaging. How can vitamin C not help? It is good for the immune system. UV light exposure needs to be for extended periods of time (as I've seen elsewhere), but the vitamin D that your body produces with exposure to sunlight is said to help. Ugh, there just seems to be so many people saying so many different things that you don't know who's right and who's wrong.

The first article is a layman's explanation of the original scientific journal article that seems to have become the standard for describing how long different surfaces can be a viable source of contamination. It's not an on/off length of time, but a slow decrease of the number of active virus particles that remain on various surfaces.

Get a squirt bottle...mix 1/3 cup bleach to a gallon of water and pour in squirt bottle...Squirt down various surfaces/packages/mail etc to your comfort level...on hard surfaces, let bleach solution remain at least a minute before wiping dry...It's not an "Instant Kill" like a wasp spray...it needs time to do its thing

In California it’s food related, hardware stores, transportation and public safety. Oh and cannabis shops. Everything else pretty much done with. Try to get a haircut. Buy a pair of shoes. If it’s not a necessity, it’s closed here

That stinks. Pretty sure Trump said, the national guard is in New York, Washington State, and California. First name Marshall, last name Law.

He's trying to get Trump to stop domestic air travel, because a lot of New Yorkers are flying to Florida to avoid the lock down of the city. It's sorta Bullshirt. Shelter in place doesn't mean travel to somewhere that isn't as restrictive to avoid it.

While it's BS that people are gonna be stupid, that's no excuse for Santis' terrible decisionmaking. He should have shut down the beaches and the state before the spring breakers did their thing. Now it's likely we'll see a repeat of New Orleans on a wider scale in Florida. Florida should have had a shelter in place weeks ago. They knew this was going to happen and really did nothing about it. Had they done that, they wouldn't be dealing with other people going there to get away from restrictions.

Where would any stimulus money come from? The Fed's don't have any extra money laying around. No other countries are looking to buy a trillion in bonds.
It would have to be printed money right? Just inflationary money?

That's what I been wondering. Where is the government gonna get all this extra money?

A tale of Today...

My mother and I braved Wal Mart... Yes we washed out hands and kept our distance... (No fever for 3 days and cough is gone.)

On the way out we stop at our local Taco Truck... I order her some tacos and me a quesadilla. The Taco Truck dude... Took my money.. handed me my change.. then turned to the right and sneezed right in the direction of the all the food and the other guy making the food...

I thought for a second and realized, if there was any place a virus would want to live it would be on the inside of a warm and confined Taco truck..

Needless to say we left without getting our food and just chalked it up to experience...

l.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom