COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: 116,057 cases and 1,937 deaths) (120 Viewers)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you catch California governor’s press conference a little earlier? One person at the podium at a time. The sign language person was in a PiP window in the corner of the screen and the press was remote phoning in their questions. And the information relayed was useful and given in such a way to calm people. Really professional and shows they are taking it seriously.
Louisiana was better

PurpleBlack&Gold

FOOTBALL PLEASE!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
True, but I rarely have seen people use that version of mortality rate. Most people when they say mortality rate, they mean as a percentage of cases, not overall population.

When having a discussion it's good to be sure both sides agree on what the discussion pertains to.
I agree that we need to be on the same page for discussions. At the same time we should be using correct terminology because it causes confusion. Since he was talking to an EMT the assumption should be correct terminology. The media has been terrible about this though. As usual.

Charlie Brizzown

Used to fish
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Diego’s task force was giving their daily update and the medical doctor on the task force was saying that once they have a confirmed positive case, if other people in that household are showing symptoms but not serious enough for hospitalization then they are presumed positive and given the same advice to quarantine but aren’t tested so aren’t counted in the official case count.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
San Diego’s task force was giving their daily update and the medical doctor on the task force was saying that once they have a confirmed positive case, if other people in that household are showing symptoms but not serious enough for hospitalization then they are presumed positive and given the same advice to quarantine but aren’t counted in the official case count.
Well, that's not how it should work.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Overall, I have been pretty happy with our Governor. However, this needs to be stopped. Is he scared of offending his Catholic base, or doesn’t he have the right to shut these things down?
That is a Presbyterian church and from what i understand Central had brought in the sheriff's office to put a stop to it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 52, Guests: 55)

Headlines

Top Bottom