COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we’re free here to call out Trump for the dangerous, inept [Mod EDIT :nono: ] he is, right?

I just want to make sure I’m not crossing any lines or ’making it political’.. Anyone who still thinks this guy is a ‘very stable genius’, please speak up now, I’d love to hear from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we’re free here to call out Trump for the dangerous, inept clown he is, right?

I just want to make sure I’m not crossing any lines or ’making it political’.. Anyone who still thinks this guy is a ‘very stable genius’, please speak up now, I’d love to hear from you.

There's no way to separate this from politics. We absolutely need our federal government to be on point in a crisis like this and they're failing us at every turn.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less about his faux pas, I care about how he has signaled dramatically that he is clearly putting short-term economic growth ahead of anything else. Whether it is behind the scenes refusing to put the full weight of the federal government in fear of spooking CEO’s, or dismissing the experts who, condescendingly stated, if it were up to them, they would lock down the world(which he wants to open up next week) and going into how beautiful his numbers are/were. Effectively once again dragging his feet as he has for months.

Completely oblivious to the fact that even if he wants to risk American lives, American’s aren’t going to listen.

What was Trump trying to get at when he asked that lady speaking if the Trump hating press would fill the room back up again after the virus was gone? She was giving fairly good answers to the questions from the press when Trump decided to ask that silly question that she never ended up answering anyway.

Okay, at what point do we need to start wondering if the administration wants a worst case scenario to occur?

I'm starting to wonder if anyone can be this incompetent, or is he just in denial, or simply just wants to welcome the apocalypse.

It was nice knowing you folks

The situation is only going to be substantially worse in a week or however long he's talking about, so any attempt to send people back to work will look even more insane than it does now.

Unfortunately, whether your particular company requires you to return to work or not will depend on if the people in charge of said company are Trump suppporters (i.e. braindead) or if they decide to listen to what the doctors are recommending.

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back.
There are two messages/lessons in that story. Everyone always focuses on the one about Scorpions are going to be Scorpions.

They always miss out on the one about Frogs should know better. We are not innocent victims of our politicians. If they are Scorpions, then we are the foolish frogs that should know better than to let them ride on our backs by electing them into office.

Okay, at what point do we need to start wondering if the administration wants a worst case scenario to occur?

I'm starting to wonder if anyone can be this incompetent, or is he just in denial, or simply just wants to welcome the apocalypse.

It was nice knowing you folks

The DOW closed below 19,000 today. That's all you need to know about his motivations.

Ok. First the article is misleading. It says the virus is detectable up to 24 hours. Huge difference in “up to 24 hours” and 24 hours. Second, just because it can be detected, doesn’t mean it’s infectious. There’s a big difference between the two. Also, it would mean that the box would have to be touched by and infected by the virus, when every store I know of is taking and making workers wear gloves to that exact thing doesn’t happen.
Anyhow, you also need to get into viral load, and it’s looking more and more like this virus is needing 15 plus min in close contact with someone who is positive closer than 6 feet. Which means here again some stock boy at midnight isn’t going to infect you.
Now, mega doses of Vitamin C aren’t proven in any peer reviewed literature for any good to anything. Yes, keeping up on it is critical. But the people who are taking 200-1000x the doses are completely wrong. Ultraviolet light does kill it, but the ultraviolet needed to do it will blind you amongst other things. UV light is a standard accepted way of microbial decontamination, but your little UV light you got at Claire’s ain’t going to do jack. Sunshine will and has been a proven killer for microbes and virus for years. Here again, you can’t realistically sterilize yourself outside. You can help your vitamin D which is huge (take a supplement too) but sterilizing yourself not so much.

Not misleading at all...they put droplets of CV19 on various surfaces starting at Time 0...they then sampled said surfaces after several times after x hours and measured if that surface was potentially still active to contaminate...it's not an on or off switch as the quantity of active virus decays over time depending on the surface...it's about half lifes...i.e T0hrs 100 CV19s...T10hrs 50CV19s...T20hrs 25CV19s...T30hrs 12.5 CV19s...the longer the time from initial contamination the lower the amount of CV19s on said surface...eventually it gets to a point where chance of infection becomes likely nil

Gloves don't do a thing if you are constantly using them to handle items during a shift... they are no better than your hands at that point with the exception of being a less rough surface that might not harbor virus as well as your skin...potential infected workers stocking shelves will wipe their faces/mouths inevitably during the shift and thus potentially transfer virus to stock items

I'm certainly not seeing any evidence that you need to at least be in 15 mins in close contact

What was Trump trying to get at when he asked that lady speaking if the Trump hating press would fill the room back up again after the virus was gone? She was giving fairly good answers to the questions from the press when Trump decided to ask that silly question that she never ended up answering anyway.
He’s trying to use the playbook of the pre-pandemic era in a pandemic world and(hopefully) it‘s going to be short lived.

We don’t need this petty sheet right now. We need leaders that are focused on the ONLY thing that will ACTUALLY get his beautiful economy back on track, which is slowing the virus significantly.

There is no short cut here. You can’t gaslight a country gripped with fear they can actually see. At least barring a miracle cure, which he also is trying to tout Without justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom