COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're kinda late with that. Still no stay at home or lockdown order though. Feels like Virginia is dragging their feet here.
NoVa should have been shut down two weeks ago like MD and DC. Businesses are taking it on themselves to close, but it’s hit and miss. DC people are going to VA for amenities; I was in NoVa all weekend. State lines are meaningless when a metro area overlaps.

Northam has declared a state of emergency.

Last edited:
This morning I was watching a segment where a talking head was talking about how low our fatality rate was and was touting that, and I was thinking to myself, does he realize that early on, the rates were low in those other countries and only after their hospitals were overrun when you saw the dramatic increase in fatality rates. Let's hope that doesn't happen here. Unfortunately, it's not gonna take long to reach capacity in many hospitals across the country.

Okay, at what point do we need to start wondering if the administration wants a worst case scenario to occur?

I'm starting to wonder if anyone can be this incompetent, or is he just in denial, or simply just wants to welcome the apocalypse.

It was nice knowing you folks
I think his campaign is aware that a second quarter economic and employment down turn in the second quarter (April through June) during an election year has lead to the incumbent losing the election. I think he is making avoiding that a priority over everything else, because Donald Trump has always put Donald Trump first.

I'm pretty sure what she said was that models of 70% infection rates were based on the idea of nothing being done and three cycles of infection, not that three cycles were a certainty.

Correct, she was talking about that, but I'm sure a lot of the reporters there were left wondering if we're gonna have those 3 phases or cycles.

This short video compares disease outbreaks from the 2000s and shows Covid-19 is trending to be the worst outbreak this century.

Last edited:
I saw the bomb she dropped. She even said it in almost casual fashion. But, I was thinking to my self, I haven't heard that mentioned from the podium much, if at all. This is all so weird.
I read this in January. Crazy to see it now mainstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom