COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not misleading at all...they put droplets of CV19 on various surfaces starting at Time 0...they then sampled said surfaces after several times after x hours and measured if that surface was potentially still active to contaminate...it's not an on or off switch as the quantity of active virus decays over time depending on the surface...it's about half lifes...i.e T0hrs 100 CV19s...T10hrs 50CV19s...T20hrs 25CV19s...T30hrs 12.5 CV19s...the longer the time from initial contamination the lower the amount of CV19s on said surface...eventually it gets to a point where chance of infection becomes likely nil

Gloves don't do a thing if you are constantly using them to handle items during a shift... they are no better than your hands at that point with the exception of being a less rough surface that might not harbor virus as well as your skin...potential infected workers stocking shelves will wipe their faces/mouths inevitably during the shift and thus potentially transfer virus to stock items

I'm certainly not seeing any evidence that you need to at least be in 15 mins in close contact

also another good read but I might not believe all

Is that who's left in this 8 hour briefing or is that who's actually left on the task force?
Fauci wasn't on stage for the first time since this sheet show started. We can speculate why but it should be pretty obvious. Birx walked off the stage and pretty sure she's done. Head of the CDC hasn't been seen in over a week.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., said Monday that her husband has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

"My husband has coronavirus. I love him & not being able to be by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease," Klobuchar tweeted. "So many are going through this & much worse. I pray for him & you & meanwhile I will do all I can to get help to the American people."...…...

When I watch my local and state government give press conferences everyone is spread out six feet or more apart and only one person steps to the podium at a time. Even all the local news reporters are interviewing people from a distance. From what I've seen, only the Trump task force bunches together shoulder to shoulder.

I hear more from scientists and doctors up here during press conferences than I do political officials and leaders.

And often, a political speech is followed by a panel of doctors and scientists explaining things and answering questions.

When I tune in to watch the US federal version it looks and sounds *totally* different.

Considered alone, the US “press briefings” are bizarre enough (optics, tone, misinformation) but when you have something to juxtapose it with immediately or easily, the contrasts are quite quite stark.

I’m honestly not sure how someone doesn’t step in. Though I know Fauci tried to manage that dilemma.

Pretty sure Fauci has missed a couple

Dr. Fauci as soon as Trump started talking about pulling back the restrictions within two weeks.

tenor.gif

So what is the economy going to look like when we don't have people traveling, no hotels booked, no cruises, restaurants empty, people working from home, hundreds of thousands dead, no healthcare system, people not able to work either due to being sick, taking care of someone sick or attending funderals. How are we going to do with oil prices at $20? Now, stretch this over a 18 month period.

If we shut it down 2 months ago we could quite literally already be done with it and the only consequence would be no international travel for a year but two months ago that seemed really extreme.

If we prioritized testing early then we could be living with the virus like South Korea.

We chose to go let the virus run wild for 6 weeks, then try to play catch up and then right as we were about to get caught up we quit and let the virus win. I've never been so disappointed. The economic fall out from this decision is simply not imaginable.

So what is the economy going to look like when we don't have people traveling, no hotels booked, no cruises, restaurants empty, people working from home, hundreds of thousands dead, no healthcare system, people not able to work either due to being sick, taking care of someone sick or attending funderals. How are we going to do with oil prices at $20? Now, stretch this over a 18 month period.

If we shut it down 2 months ago we could quite literally already be done with it and the only consequence would be no international travel for a year.

If we prioritized testing early then we could be living with the virus like South Korea.

We chose to go let the virus run wild for 6 weeks, then try to play catch up and then right as we were about to get caught up we quit and let the virus win. I've never been so disappointed. The economic fall out from this decision is simply not imaginable.

That’s what I keep telling these “but the economy” people - it’s a fallacy to think there’s a choice. The economic harm of a massive outbreak will be far worse.

Not misleading at all...they put droplets of CV19 on various surfaces starting at Time 0...they then sampled said surfaces after several times after x hours and measured if that surface was potentially still active to contaminate...it's not an on or off switch as the quantity of active virus decays over time depending on the surface...it's about half lifes...i.e T0hrs 100 CV19s...T10hrs 50CV19s...T20hrs 25CV19s...T30hrs 12.5 CV19s...the longer the time from initial contamination the lower the amount of CV19s on said surface...eventually it gets to a point where chance of infection becomes likely nil

Gloves don't do a thing if you are constantly using them to handle items during a shift... they are no better than your hands at that point with the exception of being a less rough surface that might not harbor virus as well as your skin...potential infected workers stocking shelves will wipe their faces/mouths inevitably during the shift and thus potentially transfer virus to stock items

I'm certainly not seeing any evidence that you need to at least be in 15 mins in close contact
First of about 6 articles on google. https://abc11.com/5997396/

also, virus aren’t magically appearing things. They need to get out of someone’s body, stay stable (that lipid layer on coronavirus are fragile) and get in your mouth nose or eyes in large enough numbers to infect you. If Sam the stock guy is going from pallet to pallet putting things out, each thing he touches reduces your viral potential. Now, the scientists are using 10 log7 to do their testing. You could infect half of New Orleans with that viral load. That number in the real world isn’t even practical.
So yes, you could possibly maybe get if from your box of Cheerios. But, I’m not afraid of it so long as all normal precautions are taken.
Also, and I don’t feel like looking for the link because I’m already into my bottle of whiskey, but this virus is being transmitted inside social groups. You have to be in close contact for an extended time. Like families and meetings. Just talking to a dude in the store ain’t gonna do it. Sorry. But hey, if you want to continue the paranoia, you go.

That’s what I keep telling these “but the economy” people - it’s a fallacy to think there’s a choice. The economic harm of a massive outbreak will be far worse.
Right, it was never an either or situation. Somehow it's being presented as if it were and at the end of this Trump will blame media and Democrats for tanking the economy. It's just the flu bro will end up being one of the worst moment's in this country's history. They'll pretend this thing went all ninja and jumped out the bushes at us. I believe Dave said it was like being stalked by a turtle a few weeks ago. We had two months to prepare and not only did we fail miserably at preparing, we still don't have a plan.

First of about 6 articles on google. https://abc11.com/5997396/

also, virus aren’t magically appearing things. They need to get out of someone’s body, stay stable (that lipid layer on coronavirus are fragile) and get in your mouth nose or eyes in large enough numbers to infect you. If Sam the stock guy is going from pallet to pallet putting things out, each thing he touches reduces your viral potential. Now, the scientists are using 10 log7 to do their testing. You could infect half of New Orleans with that viral load. That number in the real world isn’t even practical.
So yes, you could possibly maybe get if from your box of Cheerios. But, I’m not afraid of it so long as all normal precautions are taken.
Also, and I don’t feel like looking for the link because I’m already into my bottle of whiskey, but this virus is being transmitted inside social groups. You have to be in close contact for an extended time. Like families and meetings. Just talking to a dude in the store ain’t gonna do it. Sorry. But hey, if you want to continue the paranoia, you go.

peace dude..enjoy your abc articles

Indeed, she said they expect treatments by the fall of this year and a vaccine possible in time for 22.
Ultimately, its an exercise in excuse-making and down-playing stuck in the middle of a press conference of many while sending dangerous signals.

This hits home because in my company we are struggling with a few straggling clients that are basically using our staff as pawns based on an ignorance of the situation, often citing nonsense from this White House to feed dangerous confirmation biases that in one case tried to shut down any option of remote work(thankfully we gave them an ultimatum they saw the light in). Putting us in a tough situation this week becuase contractually if we stop work, sub-contractors and the like, sometimes in the thousands, under our control, will lose the legal ability for the client to pay their leave and we do not have the funds to sustain them. So it is forcing a now dangerous trade off between health and people being able to sustain their families.

If we had some indication that congress could take steps to take care of them, not just for one month, but for what we anticipate to be extended time out, it would make the decision easy.

Ultimately the moment a case shows up on the very few sites this is a problem we will pull the plug, and increasingly sooner(like possibly(If my side wins out, hopefully) tomorrow) for a specific one in a state we expect to explode, but it shouldn’t be coming to this.

Right, it was never an either or situation. Somehow it's being presented as if it were and at the end of this Trump will blame media and Democrats for tanking the economy. It's just the flu bro will end up being one of the worst moment's in this country's history. They'll pretend this thing went all ninja and jumped out the bushes at us. I believe Dave said it was like being stalked by a turtle a few weeks ago. We had two months to prepare and not only did we fail miserably at preparing, we still don't have a plan.
Trump realizes that the coronavirus Is putting an end to the only thing that’s gone right in his administration—the stock market— so he’s going to declare the coronavirus dead and it will be beautiful....except it won’t be beautiful, it will be an unmitigated disaster and will put the final nail in his coffin as the worst president ever. The true horror is that this time his incompetence will cost lives.

Last edited:
Fauci wasn't on stage for the first time since this shirt show started. We can speculate why but it should be pretty obvious. Birx walked off the stage and pretty sure she's done. Head of the CDC hasn't been seen in over a week.

Director of the CDC was on yesterday at the press conference. Maybe you should do your research before you spout nonsense.

So my business is considered essential in Hawaii and will not need to close. The board is requesting we only see acute and urgent cases and take steps to reduce contact between patients. I have already been doing this. The result is that we went from 15 scheduled today down to 4. We may not be forced to close but it's going to be tough sledding getting by on 4 visits a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom