COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have brought up a great discussion this morning. I hadn't even considered the cost of living factor with the stimulus checks. You're absolutely right - $1,200 in Louisiana or rural Mississippi is far different than $1,200 in New York or L.A. In one area, a family of 5 could feel absolutely elated when they get their checks, while in another area, a family of five's check would merely put a dent in a single mortgage payment.

The thing is though, I don't know of a fair way for them to decide on something like this without causing a nation-wide uproar.

I know plenty of people making well over that $150k level living paycheck to paycheck. If will be a miracle if all of them don't go bankrupt and that $1500 check wouldn't be enough to solve problems for a single one of them even in the short term.

The 100% unemployment for 4 months and expansion of when you can apply that was added to the bill yesterday will save more families than the direct payments. Those will mean a lot to lower-income workers that need immediate short term help.

If you make a 150k a house hold here in New Orleans you are living on a gold mine , New Orleans is one of the poorest cities in the country born and raised. My wife works at a hospital here and a maintence man say in his fifties first came down with flu symptoms maybe a month ago they never wanted to test him , missed about a week of work started to feel better returned to work for a couple of days and relapsed with a temperature of106. He is in ICU as we speak hanging on the life by a thread. In the mean time he has a 23 year old son who contacted the virus fought it and was found dead on the kitchen floor Saturday, they reclassified the sons death as something else because of a car accident 2 years ago as sometype of infection . things that I have learned if the authorities can reclassify these deaths they will and everybody is at risk. Some peoples lives are being torn apart while others think this virus is a joke. Please pray for this woman's husband its all she has left

You guys have brought up a great discussion this morning. I hadn't even considered the cost of living factor with the stimulus checks. You're absolutely right - $1,200 in Louisiana or rural Mississippi is far different than $1,200 in New York or L.A. In one area, a family of 5 could feel absolutely elated when they get their checks, while in another area, a family of five's check would merely put a dent in a single mortgage payment.

The thing is though, I don't know of a fair way for them to decide on something like this without causing a nation-wide uproar.

Its almost like nationwide one size fits all solutions are not the best idea.

Not sure if posted, but here is a good calculator. A person earning 50K a year in Jackson Ms. has the same cost of living expenses
as someone making 117K in NYC.

The 100% unemployment for 4 months and expansion of when you can apply that was added to the bill yesterday will save more families than the direct payments. Those will mean a lot to lower-income workers that need immediate short term help.
I completely agree. It's basically enough to prevent social unrest.

The ink hasn't even dried and the talk has already turned to the next fiscal package. At some point the risk of debt reaching the levels of some European countries on the brink of failure is on the table if we continue this through winter of 2021 as most are expecting. Can't just print money without damaging confidence in the entire financial system. It's just incredibly amazing to me that we chose this over "looking bad" and asking for tests from WHO or accepting China's offer for tests.

Without undoing my ad blocker to read these articles will retired couples on SS get anything?
Of course this is just what I heard on tv. But yes. If you filed a tax return even if you didn't have enough income to have to pay taxes you will receive a stimulus check. But must have filed.

Did the reporting methods to worldometer change? I notice hardly any change from last night. I can only assume when/how things are being reported there have changed

Best I can do. Just has the comparisons as of yesterday. However, I do like the little trick they are pulling. This is noting but an advance credit on your taxes. It’s not free money at all. Much like the Bush checks that were sent out, they will simply screw you over when you go to file your taxes in 2021. Look at the senate bill. The house bill was thrown out there just to get some negotiating leverage.

Of course. Once again corps get the bailout with our money while all we get is an advance on our tax overpayment

How do you know that? What frequency? You think American people in China are getting treated better?

You wouldn’t know because they control the media. Have you read what they are pushing about Americans over there?

Hopefully it's already been said, but I'm going to say it: One time is too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom