COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I order an extra box of heavenly hash every year to put in the freezer. Best ice cream sandwich ever

You don't know Elmer's Easter candy?

I'm so sorry. I hope they put some type of support for you in the relief bill.
Saint I don’t go to the political board so haven’t seen you in a while. How’s the fam? Everything getting better?

"Under the plan as it was being negotiated, individuals who earn $75,000 in adjusted gross income or less would get direct payments of $1,200 each, with married couples earning up to $150,000 receiving $2,400 -- and an additional $500 per each child. The payment would scale down by income, phasing out entirely at $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples without children."

Based on income in what year? 2018? 2019? 2020? Are they going to spend time making the calculations first and then send the checks, which would seem to be inefficient? Or are they just going to send everyone the checks and then require repayment when taxes are filed next year? Past income would seem to be irrelevant to people who have lost or about to lose income in 2020.

I'm not there either. I just hang here and on the SSF these days.

Family is good, just enjoying the forced family time. :hihi: How about you?
good here, except i am in my office. no forced home which is good and bad, driving down to DC and back tomorrow for work but not staying the night. 4 hours there and 4 hours back....

Based on income in what year? 2018? 2019? 2020? Are they going to spend time making the calculations first and then send the checks, which would seem to be inefficient? Or are they just going to send everyone the checks and then require repayment when taxes are filed next year? Past income would seem to be irrelevant to people who have lost or about to lose income in 2020.

My understanding is 2018, but that's just from media reports.

I think it sucks because people making a little more than that have lost their jobs

I believe they are using 2018. If that’s not there, then 2019. If no data there I think they will dig into social security for those college kids who didn’t earn enough to really report any income.

I think it sucks because people making a little more than that have lost their jobs

Not to mention people who may have made more in prior years than they make now because they either lost a job since then or went down to a single income. And a means test makes no sense if the point is in part to stimulate the economy.

This plan seems overly complicated and inefficient and not terribly reasonable as a means to their identified end

Not to mention people who may have made more in prior years than they make now because they either lost a job since then or went down to a single income. And a means test makes no sense if the point is in part to stimulate the economy.

the means test was something the Democrats wanted in the bill, too

this entire thing is such a mess. If we can’t get them to be functional now, what’s the hope in the near and distant future? Unreal. And so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom