COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not lying, his tendency for broad statements and hyperbole is just naturally misleading when specificity and nuance are required for understanding.

Directionally he is right though so it is not the criticism to pounce on.

What gets me is how far behind we have been from day one on testing. We had a great deal of warning... so what is the lead time to generate tests and set up facilities?
I'm sure the world market for the tests has been substantial so probably weren't a whole bunch of tests floating around. Just takes time to catch up. People want things right now but that's rarely how it works

I agree that we need to be on the same page for discussions. At the same time we should be using correct terminology because it causes confusion. Since he was talking to an EMT the assumption should be correct terminology. The media has been terrible about this though. As usual.
Last night the moderator on CNN kept saying the nurse he was interviewing was on a ventilator. She interrupted several times to correct him that she was on supplemental O2. That is a huge difference but supplemental O2 isn’t nearly as dramatic as a ventilator.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Newsome at first, but since this started, the guy has been spot on. Other than your true hard core individual freedom people I haven’t heard anyone say anything but great things about him. Even those who don’t care for him kinda shrug and do as they are told even though they not overly happy.
Barring any major setbacks, I could easily see him running for President someday.

It's not the Catholics. We're mostly shut down across the country. At least the three areas I've paid attention to.

Not shut down. Confessions are available. Last rites. Baptisms. And even Eucharist. It's just not public. Check with your parish priest to access the sacraments. If he doesn't offer you an avenue, find another who will.

This past week I was able to attend mass with appropriate distancing as well as an hour of adoration.

Not shut down. Confessions are available. Last rites. Baptisms. And even Eucharist. It's just not public. Check with your parish priest to access the sacraments. If he doesn't offer you an avenue, find another who will.

This past week I was able to attend mass with appropriate distancing as well as an hour of adoration.
How'd he handle communion? Same as usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom