COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd he handle communion? Same as usual?

No lay persons on the altar. Just two priests whose hands were washed. The Eucharist was placed on the tongue to kneeling recipients at the communion rail. It's the cleanest and safest way possible.

I did not receive out of respect for my wife who asked me not to risk it. But I am quite confident it was safe.

I've also heard of parking lot masses with drive through distribution. I don't think that sounds nearly as cautious actually.

I bring glad tidings!!!

Just returned from Costco. They have enough toilet paper for the 7th Atlantic Fleet! I have never seen so much toilet paper in my life. Pallets & pallets of it, and paper towels.

They have so many cases of water and all kinds of different brands now, that they even have the pallets going down the aisles in between the freezers!

Absolutely no line to get in, like last week, when I saw the line to get in, & just gave up. They are spraying down all the carts, & they have them all roped off, so that you only get one after they have been cleaned.

The employees are all behind the shields now at check out & at the desk, so no one sneezes on them.

I told the guy at the check out, that I wish our health care providers had the same suppliers that Costco has, so they could get their supplies that fast. He said some of the warehouses are still struggling for supplies, like the ones in New York.

Well......I guess the hoarders have run out of money & finally left some toilet paper for the rest of mankind.

I bring glad tidings!!!

Just returned from Costco. They have enough toilet paper for the 7th Atlantic Fleet! I have never seen so much toilet paper in my life. Pallets & pallets of it, and paper towels.

They have so many cases of water and all kinds of different brands now, that they even have the pallets going down the aisles in between the freezers!

Absolutely no line to get in, like last week, when I saw the line to get in, & just gave up. They are spraying down all the carts, & they have them all roped off, so that you only get one after they have been cleaned.

The employees are all behind the shields now at check out & at the desk, so no one sneezes on them.

I told the guy at the check out, that I wish our health care providers had the same suppliers that Costco has, so they could get their supplies that fast. He said some of the warehouses are still struggling for supplies, like the ones in New York.

Well......I guess the hoarders have run out of money & finally left some toilet paper for the rest of mankind.

Did they have disinfectant wipes? Those are the first thing I’m running low on - seem to be harder to find than TP.

Did they have disinfectant wipes? Those are the first thing I’m running low on - seem to be harder to find than TP.
Have you tried Dollar Generals in your area? I saw a two pack at the one close to me that I stopped in at today. I didn't buy it, but I did pick up a 12 pack of their TP and a can of their Lysol brand.

I bring glad tidings!!!

Shoot, I may go tomorrow after work. It didnt seem stupid tonight when I drove by.

Oops......did not look. So I asked the person that I was shopping with & she said she did not look either, but she did not notice any wipes in anybody’s baskets.

So I checked the Costco website & they have the Clorox wipes, but instead of a 2 day delivery time, it might take 4-5 days.

BTW.......tell your wife thanks for the idea about using the wipes to clean an iPhone! My little phone looks so much better!???

Not sure if this article has been posted or not, but I think it does a good job of outlining what policymakers should be aiming for with their strategies to combat the pandemic. Basically, it breaks the strategy into two phases... the Hammer and the Dance. The Hammer is when you lock everything down to get R (the transmission rate) as close to 0 as possible. These are the severe lockdowns, and would last 3-7 weeks. The earlier you implement them, the less severe they need to be and the quicker you can remove them. Then comes the dance where you try to keep R as close to 1 as possible (just underneath 1). This is where the importance of testing comes in, you can tailor your response based on data.

It also explains that the extensive testing South Korea was able to quickly implement is the reason their "Hammer" phase was not very severe and looks to be short. They were able to jump on it quickly and get R close to 0 through contact tracing without having to lock people in their homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom