COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous. Either the governor has no guts or he's getting seriously bad advice.

I didn’t copy the link but he blocked the Miami Herald from his press conference today so I think we can guess where his advice is coming through.

I just returned from a Super1 food run. I saw about three people with masks/bandanas. More shoppers in the store than I was comfortable with. A lot of people respecting the 6 ft. rule, some were not. Disappointed in the workers as they didn't respect my space even when I was making it obvious that I was keeping a distance.

There was one older lady socializing with an employee (pretty much had her pinned against the wine shelves) and not just close talking. She was leaning in a lot to about a foot away from her face and also touching her on the shoulder several times. Loud laughs in her face. It would have made me uncomfortable under normal circumstances. It made me angry.

I was going to go alone with the shopping list, until my bride started giving me ultra-specific details on brands and how to pick items, so that plan fell apart. And it shouldn't be a big deal, but I don't want her to go alone just in case I have to run interference with a knucklehead. As we were heading to the checkout, I ticked her off as she tried to start up a conversation. I said I don't want to talk now. I don't want to open my mouth, I just want to get out asap.

I decided that I'm wearing a mask (even a homemade one) from now on. It may not be much of a deterrent, but I won't be expelling and hopefully won't be easily breathing some in.
I go everywhere with a mask and rubber gloves, mainly to protect others just in case. I keep seeing people being far too close to each other. Now, I am going to try to not shop until Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
For some reason, it just doesn't feel like much anymore. I don't know if it's just taking in that much over time or compared to Italy and Spain, it's not that much.

They’re 2 to 3 weeks ahead of us. Covid pneumonia takes time to kill.

That’s gonna piss people off of its real - we were told (including by the surgeon general) that we didn’t need masks.
I’m not really sure why this was ever a “thing”? With any viral infection, the viral load is critical in determining the extent and severity of disease symptoms...i.e. more virus exposed to = higher chance of severe illness. The mask won’t prevent you from acquiring COVID-19 but it will lower the viral load you are exposed to...its common sense!
The Surgeon General should be charged with malpractice.

Last edited:
I go everywhere with a mask and rubber gloves, mainly to protect others just in case. I keep seeing people being far to close to each other. Now, I am going to try to not shop until Thursday. We'll see how it goes.
I was just searching online for Saints fabric to use for home made masks, then it dawned on me to look into the plethora of Saints towels that we get at the games. Some are too heavy, but there might be some that could work? Hmmm. :unsure:

I have a couple of sleeves of N95 (around 20
Or so) masks that I haven’t had to break out yet. We leave the house once a week for our grocery run.

maybe I’ll wear it out next week when I go.

Solid strategy, Florida.

Seriously, what the fork is wrong with people?

And why in the hell is every single damn grain of sand not off limits??

From my brother NOPD working 20 hour days:

On Thursday we hit 1,000 deaths in the US...and as of right now we just hit 2,000...we doubled in 2 days...and people having secret second lines and sheet out there right now...they are having a “secret party/crawfish boil” down the street from my house...its so sad...so many people are going to die...im just like ugh... Im so tired man

From my brother NOPD working 20 hour days:

On Thursday we hit 1,000 deaths in the US...and as of right now we just hit 2,000...we doubled in 2 days...and people having secret second lines and shirt out there right now...they are having a “secret party/crawfish boil” down the street from my house...its so sad...so many people are going to die...im just like ugh... Im so tired man
People are just too selfish / ignorant / arrogant to follow directions.

People are just too selfish / ignorant / arrogant to follow directions.
Yep..it has to hit home for some people. I have very good friends of mine that after this is all done I have zero intentions of associating with again. Sure....they may not kill themselves but now they're gambling with my family's life. Unacceptable.

It looks like the small business loans could be grants in the long term. These loans can be forgiven if the company can show they were impacted but maintained staffing. Basically if they can float a few months of salary and recover, they will keep the loans.

Also large business taking loans need to keep employees on March 24-Sept 30 “to the extent possible”. I wonder if this contributed the the record unemployment number with companies getting ahead of that date for firings. Also, what is “to the extent possible”?

Agree. Just read that in American Banking Journal. What I mentioned deals with steps took prior to bill passage. Good to know that Small Businesses will get some relief. It is sorely needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom