COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could there be a testing relationship there? I'd like to see # of tests currently being done for all countries.

Honestly, the more I read about how wildly testing varies from country to country (overall availability, who gets tested, under what circumstances, what counts as a positive case, certain deaths not being counted, etc.) , the less I'm paying attention to apples to apples comparisons between nations.

In fact, there's a part of me starting to believe that, due to those same testing issues, confirmed cases numbers may be relatively useless except for identifying the broadest of trends and most severe hotspots.

That is if you want to foolishly believe the numbers China was telling us.
Even if the true numbers show China's arc to be higher, it's not comforting. We had advance warnings and information available. We can't go back and change our poor response, I just hope we continue to improve methods because it is widespread here. I like seeing some of the ingenuity coming up from the private sector. We need all the good thinking we can get.

Last edited:
This interview with a doctor in one of the top hospitals of NYC gives a little optimism.

Dr. David Price on how to prevent COVID-19 from spreading: Clean hands and do 'not touch your face, period'

"The thing that makes me smile a little bit is I actually know now that I won't get this disease because I know how to protect myself," Price said in the video.

He should know better than to tempt karma.

This interview with a doctor in one of the top hospitals of NYC gives a little optimism.

Dr. David Price on how to prevent COVID-19 from spreading: Clean hands and do 'not touch your face, period'

He comes off with incredible confidence in what he's saying. That makes me feel light-years more secure in his message. Fantastic post!

Oakdale. Most likely it was an immigrant awaiting deportation. At least as far as I know, Oakdale is used for ICE detainees. Not sure if they hold other types of prisoners there or not.

To me, it looks like the slope of the US line is decreasing. Granted, it's been a long time since I've calculated the slope of a line, but just eyeballing, it looks like it's starting to turn toward flattening?

I just want to know why people can't stay the fork at home.

This has to be an intelligence problem. It's real easy, if you don't need food or medical supplies, stay the fork at home.

A group of neighbors just invited us to come over to sit around and have a few drinks. They can't understand that all it takes is for one person to be contagious and then everyone is. They said they will keep their distance and limit it to only 10. To make maters worse is all of us are retirement age. We will sit at home instead.

I wouldn’t disagree with the lower end, but as much as Fauci is the best in the business he does always seem to present the worst case scenario. I’m not buying to 200,000 as of yet. 100,000 I can see easily.

A group of neighbors just invited us to come over to sit around and have a few drinks. They can't understand that all it takes is for one person to be contagious and then everyone is. They said they will keep their distance and limit it to only 10. To make maters worse is all of us are retirement age. We will sit at home instead.
Be like my neighbor and I. There’s 8 feet of grass between our driveways. We each stand on our own driveway and bring our own beer and talk. 10+ feet it’s all good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom