COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess that means they'll be keeping schools closed that much longer. I didn't really have much hope that my son would be going back to school on April 17th anyways..

I guess that means they'll be keeping schools closed that much longer. I didn't really have much hope that my son would be going back to school on April 17th anyways..
Earlier in this thread, I don't even remember how far back, I said that this school year was pretty much done when they announced waiving testing & attendance requirements. This further cements my thoughts. I just don't see us going back for a month in May when keeping it closed would allow for a longer period of distancing time. Schools are petri dishes.

So I'll announce this Sunday, but we won't have the details for you til Tuesday.

Then says by June 1 well into recovery.. Dude just needs to shut his pie hole at this point.

He loves reporting on things before they’re finalized. His words really have no meaning until everything is official on paper and signed.

Thankfully. That's good news. It may get pushed again as the date nears, but we'll see how this plays out.
If people are paying attention (and they're not), this should further emphasize the importance of STAYING HOME.

If this has been posted already I could not find it.

I'm convinced the "we're going to open things back up" was some weird threat to push the stimulus bill through. All the right wing talking heads began harping on it the exact same day (its known that partisan tv rypes literally receive emailed talking points of stuff like this.), and then when it looked like it was likely to pass it suddenly became way less prevalent. Now this. But trying to figure out logic with this is pointless.

The market.

He knows his re election hopes lie directly with jobs, market etc.

The logic is actually simple. Give the market some good feel news and it will react in kind. He has employed the Fed, congress and Treasury to stave off a total collapse of the market. Every assumptive statement he makes is for a simple reason.
Pay attention to the timing of these statements. Good news type will always come during or just before close of NYSE.
Announced Sunday afternoon they will extend social distancing til 4/30.
Its all planned. Market will react at open Monday, but we may have moved on from this nugget by then too.
Announce this on a weekday around 2pm...market free falls.

RIP Joe Diffie.

“Complications caused by the virus” is a funny way to say it. A suppose if you’re shot, you don’t die from the gunshot, you die of the complications it causes to your ability to live.

In fairness there's a very clear association with preexisting conditions, most notably diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. The data is starting to come out and I think the demographics will make some uncomfortable in places like new orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom