COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t remember what Abbott said about mitigation efforts. Dan Patrick’s comments about seniors sacrificing for the good of society was memorable though.

Dan Patrick and Hot Wheels might be the absolute worst 1-2- punch of a state's most visible political figureheads in the history of time.

Yeah, in fairness, my response was during the Backstreet Boys part.

I actually almost changed it to something else when they came on.. so glad i didnt though, it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.. people cant actually take those guys seriously, right? It was almost like a parody.. i dont think it was intentional though, just how i took it.

And even though I’ve never been a humongous Foo Fighters fan, i liked Grohl’s rendition of My Hero at a time like this..

All that said, I’m a little behind on the dvr at the moment , and there is somehting called ‘Billy Eyelash?‘ singing, so i think i will in fact be changing the channel shortly.

Exactly Bill! That is truly my longer look ahead concerns. There will be breaking points, but we just don’t know when those points may be, if this does not begin to reflect a flattened curve. The flatened curve needs to start showing up within the next 14-15 days, for people to feel like the mitigating measures being taken, are beginning to have positive results. I think if we do not begin to see a positive turn in the next 14-15 days, that is when we may start seeing people simply becoming defiant, in more ways than we could imagine.
The flattened curve will certainly help save lives in the present. And it will also prolong the isolation orders that officials will be forced to keep in place.

While I try not to dwell on nightmare scenarios, it's not hard to envision a very scary future ahead. Without a doubt we are clearly doing the correct thing now by extending the length of the world's pandemic in order to give treatment to the critical victims of this virus. However, no one can argue that the longer it takes for the world to return to 'normal', the more dreadful the scenario will become.

Though some may feel that getting this pandemic over quickly by allowing a quick spike of deaths would limit the economic damage and put 'survivors' in better control of the difficult world ahead... there's certainly no way of knowing just how devastated everything will become in the aftermath of this horror.

And it would be unloving, immoral, callous, & inhumane not to do what we can now to save lives even with the possibility of a desperate society & decimated economy ahead. :covri:

It was like a week ago (which is a huge amount of time in this thing), but today there was this - which, just like Florida, is sort of silly. There's already substantial community spread in your state. What the hell is a Louisiana travel restriction going to do now?

I am glad Florida shut down flights from Louisiana, sure we have our own spread, but we don't need more from New Orleans.

Ive seen her on cable news a couple times over the last week (sans hazmat suit).. she articulated really well, i thought, what it’s like to be in the ‘belly of the beast’ and what she’s been seeing on a daily basis.. i really, really hope that she is just being overly hyperbolic here, but from what little I’ve seen of her before, she doesn’t seem prone to embellishing.

ETA: they REALLY ****ing need protective gear, no joke.. i just hope she isnt fearful for her life, but it’s a real fear at this point

Ive seen her on cable news a couple times over the last week (sans hazmat suit).. she articulated really well, i thought, what it’s like to be in the ‘belly of the beast’ and what she’s been seeing on a daily basis.. i really, really hope that she is just being overly hyperbolic here, but from what little I’ve seen of her before, she doesn’t seem prone to embellishing.

ETA: they REALLY ****ing need protective gear, no joke.. i just hope she isnt fearful for her life, but it’s a real fear at this point
My wife informs me that a a standard suit....doesn't seem right to me but what do I know

I am glad Florida shut down flights from Louisiana, sure we have our own spread, but we don't need more from New Orleans.

Fair enough - but if any community has widespread community transmission (as is the case in Southeast Louisiana) and in parts of Florida, shouldn't travel just be shut down generally? Isn't it sort of silly if it isn't?

There are substantial community outbreaks in cities that Florida hasn't shut down yet. And, of course, there is community transmission in multiple localities within Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom