COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really surprising, and its been inverted for a bit.
Not like this, 10 year smashed some all time lows today. It inverted briefly on Friday, closed inverted yesterday and today just went stupid.

This is becoming such a big deal it's starting to run hand in hand with the investing thread and the politics board but luckily we've been able to keep politic talk to a min.

Not like this, 10 year smashed some all time lows today. It inverted briefly on Friday, closed inverted yesterday and today just went stupid.

This is becoming such a big deal it's starting to run hand in hand with the investing thread and the politics board but luckily we've been able to keep politic talk to a min.

True, inverted yield curves aren't new, but yeah, what's happening in the bond markets hasn't happened like this since maybe 2007-2008.

Last edited:
Brazil is on the board also making the first confirmed case for South America.

Spain now up to 7 cases, starting to see a similar trend to what happened in Italy when they doubled cases in a day then went off to the races, hopefully it's just a few random travelers for now.

Japan with more than 50 in serious/critical condition.

Germany with another case, this one is in critical condition near Swiss border.

If I was a horrible person, I would be buying 10pks of N95 masks and price gouging on eBay. Amazon will probably start shutting down accounts. I’m seeing 300% mark up on sites.

Here we go, yolo:

South Korea was late getting data out today because even their computer had a virus. They are over 1000 cases now. They update a couple times a day.

Here we go, yolo:

And now we see why Nebraska was jumping up and down to get infected patients. Never fails, follow the money.

Modeling puts cases in Iran and Italy at well over 5,000 at the lowest number in a confidence range of 95% based on international cases from the two countries. The high number is in the 50k range.

I know, it's a model but the models from two weeks ago that appeared crazy are not looking as insane now given how many p2p transmissions have taken place with unknown sources since it takes a week or two for symptoms then that person has to pass it and it takes another week or two. In other words, we are probably about to see a full blown explosion of cases globally. I think we're starting to see that in Europe now. Other models are predicting at the very least 2/3 of international cases have gone unnoticed.

So after flipping through national news channels to see what's up... :eek:

Too bad the new folks testifying on this virus didn't read this thread first. Good lord, that was some tap dancing, that didn't end well. Lots of words saying nothing.

And then being told by a radio personality this virus is not a threat, just another political hoax? Hoodwinking the vulnerable elderly is not a good look. The elderly and already-compromised are the ones most at risk. Not a game, and should not be political. We shouldn't have to rely on random tweets.

Edit: Looking for valid sources - experts not politicians. So far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom