COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of questions that need answers.

1265601a-36a2-4a51-bca1-824f2a96833f_text_hi.gif

I get that. I don't know how healthy or not they are, but several contracting and dying from it is a bit surprising. You'd think they would know how to take steps to prevent getting the virus. More questions than answers It seems.

you’d think, but medical professionals occasionally had a god complex where they feel they are above these things. Look at the transmission rates for all sorts of stuff in hospitals.There’s a huge difference between standards and practice. Certainly for a head of a hospital who probably hasn’t actively worked with patients for a while and is generally no more than a manager at this point in their career. While the tweet has been taken down, I assume probably older, probably smokes, and who knows what else. Without knowing the physical condition of him hard to say. Like the guy who the news said was heathy in the Philippines. The guy had the flu, had a strep or staph infection in his lungs (forget which) and then got this virus. While at one point he was healthy, any of the three are a tough go of it and the combo of the three is far from “healthy”

Ugh, it looks like Alex Jones is getting in on the 'reporting', now for the fake news with yelling too.

well there are a few facts in there, so it’s not all wrong. The virus was able to give both false positives and false negatives to early tests which were being developed on the fly. As far as a second one, I’ve heard none of that, that’s his words to incite people. The storm he talks about is also well known in the medical field. It’s also incredibly difficult to control. Fortunately it’s also rather rare, which has limited research, but is climbing the ranks as it has become one of the things hospitals have huge issues treating. The fact that the Asian population’s immune system is different with higher numbers of the attach point is also correct, but every race has them, so it’s not like whites or blacks are immune.

Of course it’s written with all the emotional trigger words and the link to stock up on tasty storable food items he’s getting a kickback on. After all would you expect anything less from him?

Last edited:
Yeah, the ease of transmission and number of people testing positive on the cruise ship is what concerns me the most. Out of over 3k people on the ship, over 400 have tested positive. I am surprised at how many they're finding asymptomatic though. Could they be false positives? I recall there was some questions about the reliability of the testing methods used.

Lots of questions that need answers.
The tests are only throwing false negatives.

The director of Wuhan’s Wuchang Hospital has been killed by the virus.

Looks like the twitter post wasn't accurate.

The director of a hospital in Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in China, is fighting for his life from the deadly illness, according to a report — which came after state-run media initially said that he’d died.

Looks like the twitter post wasn't accurate.

The director of a hospital in Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in China, is fighting for his life from the deadly illness, according to a report — which came after state-run media initially said that he’d died.

Sounds a lot like the confusion surrounding the initial whistleblower who was reported dead, then fighting for his life in critical condition, then dead later in the day.

Thanks for the recap.

I saw a report last week that some expert or another ruled out a man-made origin of the virus. Almost certainly not yet peer-reviewed or replicated ... but yeah, at best, info is conflicting.

I will look for a link to the "not man-made" article.

Here is a video of the director of HHS answering a direct question on CNBC about it and saying they can't rule out anything yet. He said we need more data.

Honestly, even if they thought it was man made I doubt they would release that information now. Talk about start a panic.

Here is a video of the director of HHS answering a direct question on CNBC about it and saying they can't rule out anything yet. He said we need more data.

Honestly, even if they thought it was man made I doubt they would release that information now. Talk about start a panic.

And he also said, "The individual should not be worried about their own situation from the covid virus, and should be more about flu and regular cold season in terms of taking precautions."

He also said we should also take precautions, but it's good to see he tempered that with saying that the average individual should not be worried.

And he also said, "The individual should not be worried about their own situation from the covid virus, and should be more about flu and regular cold season in terms of taking precautions."

He also said we should also take precautions, but it's good to see he tempered that with saying that the average individual should not be worried.

I was just wanting to point out that nothing has been ruled out yet.

I think we are at a point of cautiously watching to see if any signs of transmission show up in the lower 48. I spoke with a friend that works at a local pharmacy this morning. She said they have been out of masks for about 2 weeks and their suppliers are out as well. There is no date for when they will be available again. She said one guy that bought the last box was going to mail them to family in China as they cannot get them either.

I was just wanting to point out that nothing has been ruled out yet.

I think we are at a point of cautiously watching to see if any signs of transmission show up in the lower 48. I spoke with a friend that works at a local pharmacy this morning. She said they have been out of masks for about 2 weeks and their suppliers are out as well. There is no date for when they will be available again. She said one guy that bought the last box was going to mail them to family in China as they cannot get them either.

That is what worries me from the perspective of people panicking and preppers who hoard, or people hoarding to resell at inflated prices. It leaves less supplies for everyone else.

I am just trying to come in here and temper this thread with some optimism to go with all the doom and gloom as well, Because go a few pages back and people were making some pretty bleak and dire predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom