COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is DFW higher risk than Houston? I’ll concede DFW metro has about half million more people but size is comparable.
Houston was much like New Orleans. Had it on the 14 day map but moved it just north on the 30 day due to average temp in Dallas being about 5 degrees cooler than Houston.

South Korea added 334 new cases in the latest update. :covri:

south Korea is less than 100 cases from overtaking Hubei Province for daily leader. Also, South Korea reports multiple times a day so they'll likely take the lead away from Wuhan today. I'm fairly confident that Iran is running circles around them though.

Stopped by another hardware store tonight. All masks are sold out.

This has to be panic inspired by what people see in Asia on TV and in pictures on social media. Yes I’m bringing up the flu, but you never see people walking around in masks no matter how widespread it is. The masks in doctors offices are meant for the ill person to not spread the love, not to keep a well person from getting sick. And those N95 masks have to be properly fit to be effective.

Stopped by another hardware store tonight. All masks are sold out.
All I can say is go to less likely sites. I found a great respirator with p100 level protection for 25$. Got two sets of replacement filters for the free shipping.

FWIW, I just read in one of the links here that covid-19 is encased in a lipid shell. N rated masks do not stop oil based particles as they are more slippery. You'll need the p rated for that. I don't know that lipid counts as oil based however so the n rated might be just fine.

They did March out several key health ppl and created a task force. He said done weeks ago but clear it was done just today due to the lack of operational info given.
What I thought was awesome was when Pence said that "the task force has met every single day since it was created. "

:hihi:

Need to put some emphasis on "single day."

Why would Shreveport and Alexandria (and to a lesser extent, Baton Rouge and the Northshore) have a greater risk than New Orleans?
I am trying to figure out how Bossier and Caddo parish are Very High risk then it drops to high for the rest of the I-20 corridor in the state, but goes back to very high along the I-20 corridor from Vicksburg to the east coast.

A little info on the local scene.

What I thought was awesome was when Pence said that "the task force has met every single day since it was created. "

:hihi:

Need to put some emphasis on "single day."

The “task force” was actually convened some time ago. (Late January).

All I can say is go to less likely sites. I found a great respirator with p100 level protection for 25$. Got two sets of replacement filters for the free shipping.

FWIW, I just read in one of the links here that covid-19 is encased in a lipid shell. N rated masks do not stop oil based particles as they are more slippery. You'll need the p rated for that. I don't know that lipid counts as oil based however so the n rated might be just fine.

This is true, but it’s also true for influenza-virus . Rhinovirus is not.

I think this is a pretty good presentation of what the virus will look like for Americans. It may be a bit on the sanguine side but reasonable.

It’s a thread so you have to open it on twitter to read the full post.

I wonder how this "self-quarantine" thing is going to play out when employers tell people to get to work or lose their jobs?

My work has me going from 6-8 residential and or business days per day either installing or repairing cable TV or internet. IF we have an outbreak here I wonder how the company will handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom