COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until there are enough masks to meet the demand that would require, this really isn't feasible.
I simple bandana would be a reasonable mask to put over ones face to stop the aerosol leaving ones mouth and nose. You do not need to have a commercially made and bought mask for this prevention.

Interestingly enough, the way I read the article Chuck posted, the masks do more to prevent catching than it does prevent expelling.

In all cases, a mask is better than no mask. There's no good reason not to wear one when outside the home.
This thread moves too fast, which link? Which post #?

China does it. I think we can get there.

I fully expect the future of air travel to have all passengers wearing masks.

They do. I'm not sure why we're so slow to do it though. Not sure if it's a production issue or what, but if 300 million people are all trying to acquire masks, it's gonna take a while to meet that need.

"Based on this work, Johnson & Johnson has identified a lead COVID-19 vaccine candidate (with two back-ups), which will progress into the first manufacturing steps. Under an accelerated timeline, the Company is aiming to initiate a Phase 1 clinical study in September 2020, with clinical data on safety and efficacy expected to be available by the end of the year. This could allow vaccine availability for emergency use in early 2021. For comparison, the typical vaccine development process involves a number of different research stages, spanning 5 to 7 years, before a candidate is even considered for approval. "

5 to 7 years is being shrunk to less than 1 year. Hopefully the Phase 1 studies go well with limited side effects and none that read, "in severe cases, some patients may experience brief death followed by an awakening characterized by a intense craving for human brains."

I hope this isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised
=====================================
A South Carolina restaurant has been accused by customers of reselling frozen pizza from Costco and passing it off as homemade, according to a report in The Post and Courier.

According to the paper, Chip Grimalda, chef and owner of wine bar and restaurant Coquin in Charleston, was seen going from the store to an apartment nearby, then going out on a delivery run "with corrugated cardboard boxes that read, 'Fresh Pizza, Oven Baked.'"

A reporter then found four-packs of Kirkland Signature Cheese Pizza with Breadcrumb Crusts, which are sold at Costco (not shown in the photo above) in the trash cans near the apartments.............

Like many restaurants, Coquin, which opened in October of last year, has transitioned to delivery or pick-up only in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. The restaurant began selling pizzas last weekend, which it describes as "gourmet Roman-style thin crust pizza, with house made marinara sauce and whole milk mozzarella.”........

Since when is it illegal to buy a product and sell it for more? How is this any different than a park buying Now-And-Later candy and Lay's potato chip boxes for $0.75 each and selling them for $3 a pop at a little league game?

Interesting article about how it most likely originated, attacks our body, and how we need to change our habits globally:

Great article. It's so easy to read and understand that I sent it out to my students. I figure maybe one or two of them will read it, if they're really bored. :hihi:

Since when is it illegal to buy a product and sell it for more? How is this any different than a park buying Now-And-Later candy and Lay's potato chip boxes for $0.75 each and selling them for $3 a pop at a little league game?

The issue isn't the markup, which I don't have a problem with. The issue is misrepresenting what your product is.

It's not that he's buying a product and reselling it. He's misrepresenting it as homemade. In your analogy, it's unwrapping the Now-And-Later candy and presenting it as hand-pulled taffy.

Good deal. Would be interesting to see the combined effect. A clear winner would be that wearing a mask would limit cough and sneeze distance. Barrier to initial trajectory and velocity.

Edit this was a reply to dave re the tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom