COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not just China. Issues like deforestation and the decimation of habitats and barriers between the sort of wildlife carrying this. Or, the indirect reliance we have on China's industrial expansion and the impact of the anthropocene generally.

I don't read that article and come away with a very region-specific list of recommendations. It's absolutely global.
No doubt about it. There are MANY lessons we NEED to learn from this, but I'll believe it when I see the changes. My faith in humanity to do the right thing is very low.

fascinating article - the end highlighted the degree to which we might or might not learn from this
Yeah, watching that Netflix docu-series about the Flu really shows that these animal trade markets are a major problem.

A jump of around 700 after only about 400 yesterday. The number of people on ventilators (385) is now up to around 1/6 of the state's known capacity. Still not good.

We were at 3540 yesterday, so the increase is actually 485.

Tell me about it...I've been watching that daily deaths graph religiously. March 20-21 both posted drops in daily deaths (49 then 46).....right after that it exploded. March 22 it jumped to 113 and by the 28th was 525. I view those drops (haven't been any until today) much differently.
The UW modeling predicts the peak of LA deaths/day to arrive on April 11th... still 12 days away.

Interesting article about how it most likely originated, attacks our body, and how we need to change our habits globally:

Great read........easy to follow & understand ?

Now.......if the Chinese gov would just demand that they destroy & eliminate all of those illegal markets.

I LOVE this.

This is more proof that temperature and humidity are irrelevant and simply causation to UV being the key driver. :)
What about south America and Australia? I would assume their UV levels are about as high as any and they both have their share of cases. Not doubting you.....just trying to learn.

I agree it’s sad. I think this just drives home the point of everyone staying home more. There is not enough evidence to say it’s safe to be in a room full of people. Hand sanitizer, masks, whatever. Just stay at home for awhile. It’s not that much to ask unless you have a financial Or gathering obligation to provide for your family.
Absolutely!!! These folks were not trying to be irresponsible. They just goofed up & it had fatal results. ?

I knew DeWine would make it happen. He jumped all over it getting on the phone with the FDA and white house to get it pushed through.

posted about this over weekend

Tulane Medical doing same - bathing in Hydrogen Peroxide vapor.

awesome.

Interesting article , I can’t imagine not knowing anything about this, then getting hit with it all at once
===================

LE PECQ, France (AP) — Of a world in coronavirus turmoil, they may know little or nothing.

Submariners stealthily cruising the ocean deeps, purposefully shielded from worldly worries to encourage undivided focus on their top-secret missions of nuclear deterrence, may be among the last pockets of people anywhere who are still blissfully unaware of how the pandemic is turning life upside down.

Mariners aboard ballistic submarines are habitually spared bad news while underwater to avoid undermining their morale, say current and former officers who served aboard France’s nuclear-armed subs.

So any crews that left port before the virus spread around the globe are likely being kept in the dark about the extent of the rapidly unfurling crisis by their commanders until their return, they say.

“They won’t know,” said retired Adm. Dominique Salles, who commanded the French ballistic submarine squadronfrom 2003-2006. “The boys need to be completely available for their mission.”

Speaking exclusively to The Associated Press, Salles said he believes submariners will likely only be told of the pandemic as they head back to port, in the final two days of their mission..........

Sitting in a Petri dish at very close quarters....may they all be safe.

Absolutely!!! These folks were not trying to be irresponsible. They just goofed up & it had fatal results. ?
We were at 3540 yesterday, so the increase is actually 485.

Looks like a 13.7% increase. Unfortunately it’s still increasing, but hopefully the days of steep increases are done.

Not sure we know how many are actually being tested.

Heard somewhere on the radio yesterday, medical professionals are resorting to scuba mask etc., to help as a means of PPE? Is this factual? Anyone else hear this?
Yes......heard the same thing. Whatever works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom